• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Yet another appraisal scam...?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2003
Messages
780
Reaction score
0
Got an inquiry about a domain name, sent my reply with price for the particular domain.
What do I get today?
"Interested" party replied to email as follows:

Ok.

Do you sell the name only without web site? I'm interested in the name so
web site is not so important.

Do you have an appraisal certificate for your domain name?

Domain name is an investment for me. In other words I'm going to sell your
name later and make a profit. If I overpay I won't be able to make a profit
in the future. It's very important for you and me to know the current market
value of your domain.

Of course, we must be sure that you are engaging a reputable appraisal
company. I heard many appraisal companies often made inaccurate appraisals.
I will only accept appraisals from independent sources I trust.
I heard some appraisal companies often made inaccurate appraisals. So I
will only accept appraisals from independent sources I
To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies
in a forum
http://**********.ourplace.com/Archive/69047.htm
Just check this posting.

If the appraisal comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly.
I also hope you can give me 10% - 15% discount of the appraised value.

After I get an appraisal from you we'll continue our negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: www.escrow.com, www.PayPal.com check or
wire?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply.

:doh: :doh:
 
Yet another appraisal scam...?!?

Jep,
Always the same pattern.
However,I must say they are very well organized. I act under 3 different identities (coorporate) and each Identity received this kind of scam only once and never again.

That shows they have a very high efficiency.
 
I fell for the scam a while back, but only lost $60 for the appraisal fee. Then that person says he doesn't want to buy my domain anymore.... so ...
 
As soon as I read the word "appraisal" I was done. It is blatantly obvious, but ever so annoying.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom