Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

"your own account concierge" banner - my experience...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sellingonline

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, now we've got a biiiig banner here at dnforum telling us Godaddy cares about us and we have to transfer to them + get our "own account concierge", which sounds like they really try to help...

The truth is, they do not.

my diary:

(1) I sold a domain to a customer, pushed it to him in his name and everything went fine (well not a lot that could go wrong at this point)

(2) like everybody, he was forced to accept the 60-days force-lock for transfers out (illegal per ICANN regulations like we all, including Godaddy staff, know)

(3) now some days ago he unlocked the status of the domain, got the auth-keys right, started the transfer out, confirmed the transfer from the whois address (yep, like it would "do the trick" with every .com transfer) and waited for the transfer to happen. -> what happened was "quite different" like you can guess, it was denied because of ""Express written objection to the transfer from the Transfer Contact"". Hm, oh yes, there was this "interesting" ICANN-breaking 60-days contact-change rule.... But WRITTEN OBJECTION? Come on, nobody I know has ever given written objection to a transfer out at godaddy - do you guys at godaddy even know what "WRITTEN" means?

(4) anyway, he called support, they were "oh so helpful" (NOT) telling him the ICANN-rule break is fine and he has to wait...

(5) he called me, angry, because I did not transfer it to him after the sale, but just pushed it, because he did not know about the problems godaddy will cause him in the future - well, I must say I understand him, I told him the facts and he was not angry about me anymore (never really was, just p....ed, again understandable) - he now was even more angry about godaddy.

now I told my customer I try to do something for you, because I remembered the oh so glamorous godaddy banner at dnforum (yes, the "we are soooo good and help you one" )

And so I called the dnforum concierge number 480-463-8385, explained the situation and tried to solve it -> no way they said, if you don't have a lot of domains at godaddy, we don't help you. You are a member of DNForum? We don't care, as long as you don't have a bunch of domains with us.

Please what???? If that is the attitude you guys at godaddy have, how can you expect somebody to switch to you???

Bottom line of the call was:

If you have lots of domains, we agree, that our 60-days hidden force-lock after contact detail changes is illegal per ICANN regulations and we lift the limit for you, no worries.

BUT, if you don't have a bunch of domains with us, we don't want to help you at all. In fact, we don't think we break ICANN regulations at all, if you don't have lots of domains with us, we just don't care about you, period. End of story, get more domains with us or live with the fact, that we are making more money if we force you to stay, ICANN? We don't care about them either.

So "Godaddy Team", how about this one?

You throw biiiigg words at us buying biiigggg banners telling us you care, and if we call and try to solve problems, you just say "give us the money first, then we maybe care" - that's not exactly what your advertising says, isn't it? It should say "if you have 100s of domains and move to us, we are likely to give you "some" support afterwards".

Sorry for the rant, but again Godaddy has proven to be the worst registrar I know and if it weren't for the fact that many domains I buy are held at godaddy already and the push weren't free, I would transfer every single one out in a nutshell after buying them. (maybe I do that in the future, Godaddy is not cheap anymore either - come on a special of $7.39 is no "special" at all)

Now what I told my customer is to hold the domain for 8 more days (yes, 8! days is the time that prevents the transfer - Godaddy, you're nuts) and transfer out then - it won't be in this year then, but hey, he is happy to be able to move away AT ALL and not being stuck with Godaddy for a livelong marriage *sarcasm on*(maybe that's the next step they plan to implement - "if you register with us, you get livelong *good* prices, IF you give WRITTEN OBJECTION to every transfer out, anytime in the future, which means you can be honoured to hold your domain with us forever, aren't you happy about that? WOW!")*sarcasm off*

My advise to you Godaddy-guys:

(a) ever thought about doing ethical business? you should...

(b) ever thought about trying to be the good guys? you could, maybe...

(c) ever thought of following ICANN-regulations? (btw, what would happen, if godaddy would lose his registrar-status because of the breaking of ICANN-regulations every single minute? that would be *interesting* -> hey, we could open a dnforum-registrar and help all those *happy* Godaddy customers out, offering ethical services) you definitely have to...

PS: Yes, a long posting, but it did not take as long as the worthless phonecall to "Godaddy concierge" - you should be ashamed to even name it like that. Concierge are there to help, not p... customers off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom