Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed ZeldaUniverse.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlenicky

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking, impulse. When he says today, I highly doubt he meant the same exact day he posted it. If you check the times between post, he made his for sale post at 1:51am. Obviously, there was a few interested parties who PMed him, along w/ myself. Then his next post is at 2:25am (24+ hours later) which I would assume kills the "today" factor.

When he states:
"Two months ago or so I received an offer for $20,000 USD, but I rejected it. Today I will accept it, to put it like that."

I don't know how much more clearer he can get when he says that statement. Unless you guys are somehow reading it differently, it looks like he will accept 20,000 USD which is why I posted SOLD.

LeeD

Soli Deo Gloria
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I figure this is up to the seller and he will take the highest offer. It is quite clear this wasn't an auction. The seller states he is "considering" selling. My offer still stands at $22,000. Thanks.

littlenicky

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It wasn't an auction but he stated he would take 20k. When he says he's considering selling, he probably meant he was looking for offers which is why people starting throwing offers out (ie: domaintalk and impulse). And, if the offers weren't too his standards, then he wouldn't sell. And, after that paragraph, he clearly states today he will accept 20k.

gu_webby

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To me, it sounds like he's taking offers... He stated he would take 20,000... But I don't see how it is an official BIN price.

Croupier - I'm coming for that pacman score! :)

littlenicky

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is what I get from this statement.
"Two months ago or so I received an offer for $20,000 USD, but I rejected it. Today I will accept it, to put it like that."

2 months ago, he got an offer for 20k (past). He rejected it. But, if he were to get another 20k offer (present) , he would accept it. Corrent me if any of my statements are wrong. Nowhere in his post does he state its an auction. Nowhere in his post does he say he is taking other "offers" or anything. He begins to state he is "considering selling off Zelda Universe." Then, he makes the statement above which leads me (and others too probably) to believe that he will accept 20k for it. That is my point. Also, "I will accept it" sure sounds like BIN to me. If someone were to post I will accept XXXXX without writing BIN in any other thread, wouldn't you think thats the BIN? I'm sure we've analyzed these 2 opening paragraphs far enough.

Before we continue any more of this back and forth bickering, I would like anakin to chime in on this matter before things get too far out of hand. I really hope you do the right thing.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Instead of chatting about it back and forth. Just wait until anakin comes back online and let him decide. Arguing about it back and forth doesnt help.

LeeD

Soli Deo Gloria
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am definitely not bickering. Of course AnakiN will be able to clear this up for us all. :)

I am just trying to offer a fair price, understanding you would love to be able to purchase it at the $20k mark. I am possibly willing to continue bidding if a the seller receives a higher offer than mine.

AnakiN-

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Back at my own computer now, and all PMs responded to with the requested information. To be honest I didn't actually see any $20,000 bids coming in so fast, but since I received an even higher offer before I even got a chance to see the bids at all, I am of course forced to listen to the money here. It would simply be foolhardy of me to turn down $2,000 - I apologize for the inconvenience caused by my vague statements.

As it stands now $22,000 is the leading offer, and if I receive nothing higher by Monday evening (my time), the site will go for this.

Again I apologize for my unclear way of expressing myself in my first post.

littlenicky

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you Anakin for clearing that up. Although I feel a little disappointed, I do understand what you are saying. Good luck with the sale.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale and good luck to the new buyer.

littlenicky

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last ditch try.... $22,100... i also have some questions but it doesn't appear that you are online...

LeeD

Soli Deo Gloria
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have finalized the deal as of 4 hours ago. It is late where he is, so he may not be online again until tomorrow.

littlenicky

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, what he told me is he is taking bids still... I have the IMs saved as well if you want a screen shot...

Direct quote from him via PM

"Yes, AIM is "larscsim" and MSN is "[email protected]" - Feel free to add me if you wish to talk!

I will be closing the doors on the sale around this Midnight, my time tomorrow (23 hours from now)."

And, according to my watch, midnite just rolled around a few minutes ago.

This time, I followed everything down to his exact words. So, as you stated previously, I'm sure the seller would like to take the highest offer. Plus, there's no mention of him shutting down this auction. So, it would be only fair that whoever made the last bid by the ending date (Monday, midnight, his time) would grab this site.

AnakiN-

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay,

As I had already given CrazyEightyEight my word that our deal was sealed, and that if I had been home as planned the deal would have been completely finalized before littlenicky made the final offer, the site is now sold to CrazyEightyEight.

I want to thank everyone who was involved in this thread, and who supported and complimented the site - It is much appreciated :)

littlenicky

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, that is really disappointing to hear. I feel like I lost twice in this. You orignally wanted 20k which I thought would have sealed the deal. Then, I went through a lot of trouble to come up with more money to make the bid within the specified time which I did. You did say you were ending it at midnight and I would have hoped that you would have at least kept your word on that. Why not reopen the bids and write down the exact time you are ending so we can bid again. This time, make everything straight forward so that its fair for the both of us.

And, CrazyEightyEight, that is pretty shady of you to rush and try to complete the deal before the auction ended.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anakin, please forward my advertising details to crazyeightyeight, I want to continue advertising on the site. Thanks

(fryman from flashaddictinggames.com)

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah situations like this stink. It's very frustrating. You can only hope the seller would be fair but usually they are not.

littlenicky

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its very unforunate. I've asked numerous times of the seller to just put it back up for 24 hours and set all the guildlines for everything so we all have a fair shot. He mentions he gave his word for the deal to crazyeightyeight, but what about the word he gave me on when the auction ends. I believe he gave his word to me first.

All I ask for is a FAIR shot at this as I have expressed my interest ever since the beginning and to have a deal happen behind the scenes before the ending auction time definitely leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

All I ask is for you to put it back up for a day. Name the exact time it ends. Let everyone have a fair shot. You can even start the bids at 22k going to crazyeightyeight and we'll move from there. This is the best solution out there for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators