• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Ziddio.com to rival YouTube.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
8,011
Reaction score
58
Full story

PHILADELPHIA (AP)--Comcast Corp. (CMCSA, CMCSK) is planning to launch a video- uploading Web site similar to YouTube. But in a twist, videos submitted could end up being broadcast nationwide.

The Philadelphia cable operator is still testing the site, Ziddio.com, which is expected to be officially unveiled in late November or early December.

Details of the venture were disclosed in a press release issued Friday by a partner, Los Angeles-based Genex, and later withdrawn.

The site will hold contests, under predetermined themes, for the best video. Currently, it's offering prizes to users who submit the best videos showing why they should be part of the Jedi Order. Another contest wants videos of the messiest homes.

The best videos will be shown on Comcast's video-on-demand service. But in the messiest house contest, the winning video also would be shown on a special episode of "Clean House," which is part of the Comcast-owned Style Network.

Videos uploaded to Ziddio.com can be categorized into comedy, animation, games, movies, horror or sci-fi, action or drama, music, and reality.

Comcast will own and operate the site under its interactive media unit. Partners that helped develop the site were Genex and ThePlatform in Seattle.

...<more>
 
Silly name with that double "d". The owner of Zidio will make a nice chunk.
 
I had Ziddio.info..Its already been sold! lol

Now just Ziddip.com
 
An undisclosed amount to an undisclosed person! ;)
 
It wasn't a publicized sale..obviously due to TM issues.
 
It wasn't a publicized sale..obviously due to TM issues.

I checked the .com typos.... ALL taken.

I guess it was good to take a few extensions seeing how youtube.it is going to give $32K to the registrant.
 
Sorry I could not resist.... :angel_smile: :whoo: :cheeky:

I just got:

ziddio.it
ziddio.de
ziddio.mobi

I was taking a shower and you got the .mobi. Gosh Darnit!:'(

Way to go! :greensmilewinkgrin:
 
on Google the news about Ziddio are increasing every day

I was taking a shower and you got the .mobi. Gosh Darnit!:'(

Way to go! :greensmilewinkgrin:

next time.....bring the laptop under the shower:peace:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom