Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Cease & Desist

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just for the record.....(anybody who stumbles into this thread)

If we (the mods) don't delete or edit something said by another member - this doesn't mean that we agree with it - support it - or have the same feelings. Please try to understand that.

The fact is that we run a pretty open environment here - with people from all countries and walks of life. If we were to edit out every comment that someone found offensive - there would be a lot of blank pages.

For example - today we had a member making comments that almost everybody found offensive regarding the SpaceShuttle tragedy. I myself was offended. In that instance - people actually lost their lives. There is simply no excuse for not showing respect. The problem in this thread was not referring to a loss of life. It was about a racial comment. Big difference.

People say things that are offensive. That's life. It happens everywhere. Why should DNForum be any different? I say that very seriously - not to be funny. DNForum is full of real people - with real thoughts and opinions. We try to let everybody speak their mind within reason.

Our system has worked pretty darn well so far. At any time that we find it's no longer working - Greg will tell us what changes to make - and we will make those changes accordingly.

No matter what we do - or don't do - we won't make everybody happy. That's the life of a forum mod.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well said, Namepopper ... we're just glad you're back!!
Thanks for all of your hard work. :)
Take care.
PS. COOL new 'Sig, too! :cool:

HOWARD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If Drewbert is Mexican, then I'm an Eskimo. Just because this gentle man with an Aussie accent and a great sense of humor chooses to live south of the border, doesn't make him a "bad guy". Just ask Bucko. He'll tell you.

Aloof

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The young ones ?

I was never allowed it to watch it because I was 12 years old in 1981

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"2003" doth protest too much, methinks... he/she/it seems to have fallen victim to a common fallacy on discussion forums, mailing lists, and newsgroups, whereby people think that these things constitute free help desks rather than places for discussion; they think that everybody else has some sort of obligation to confine their remarks to answering the original question rather than expressing philosophical concerns over what the original person wants or needs, as if the original person is a customer who has paid for a consultation rather than a participant in an open discussion. This is not a reasonable position to hold, and those who do are constantly winding up on the receiving end of flame wars until they learn to change their attitudes.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
dtobias, feel free to say whatever you want. It was my sole mistake that I posted here in the first place. Now I know who the bloodhounds are and who are the trolls. But you can't say that my request is unreasonable. To me, being off-topic in a serious question is the same as if someone drops a stink-bomb in a classroom.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah, but the problem is nobody has been off-topic. We're discussing issues you yourself raised by asking if you had a legal case and by throwing racial slurs around.

The only stink in here is your continuous whining that people dared to talk about things you didn't want them to talk about.

britishangel

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
People are getting so feisty! Can't we play nice?

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
See, the whole problem is that everybody likes to 'play' on the expense of someone else, who somehow "dared" to not only post their actual service mark but also had the "nerve" and the "audacity" to declare that they are looking for a way to seek damages for infridgement.

namedropper, you started the whole mudd-slinging so drop it because we aready know that your attidude is not getting you anywhere. To call me racist because I called you Filthy Lazy Mexican, after you called me a Fat Corporate Bastard is laughable. If you were kidding, so was I. If you were not kidding, so was I.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, it's like this... you declared your desire to claim ownership of a common English phrase and wield it like a club against somebody else who isn't even in the same field of business as you, and did this in a forum that is full of people who have been on the receiving end of such bullying in the past. You thus ought to expect your request to go over about as well as a request on an ACLU forum for advice on how to crack down on speech you dislike, or a request on an Amnesty International forum for information on how to perform politically motivated torture more effectively. The fact that you then threw in a racist remark, along with huffy and petulant demands that the topic be dropped, added to the dislike others feel for you.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never called you a Fat Corporate Bastard, that was someone else completely. And, besides, you can't compare the two insults as if they are at all the same level of attack. The first was a comment upon your actions, your reply was a racial slur, the kind of thing that would get you written up for harassment in any professional business environment.

And I never started any mudslinging. I just politely pointed out that you have no legal right to threaten someone using a common phrase. A trademark you have on two words as it relates to your business name for a small field does not mean you own those two words and can prevent anyone else from using them.

It's rather obnoxious for you to be trying to blame other people for saying things "at your expense" when it was your outrageous actions that made people have a negative opinion of you.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Apologies, that was Drewbert, who conveniently started the whole thing then hid in the bushes.

Regardless, when I am being attacked so openly you think I will do the Christian thing and turn the other cheek?

Ok so call me racist, I don't give a flying fvck.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Namedropper, your whole argument was based on some obscure experience you have had in the past, but you admitted you are not related to the law field in any way. Therefore, your whole argument collapses. You might want to continue your little crusade here but you are not impressing me or others. I need not name names but I don't think I have to.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i haven't been paying attention to this thread, but i think we all know who the real racist is on this forum: brn2h8.

Die Nazis Die!!!*

-draqon

*the preceeding should not be interpreted as a stated intent to kill anyone, as that would violate federal law. Nor should it be interpreted as an incitement to murder as that would violate federal law as well. However if someone of their own free will should decide to kill certain celtic-cross loving racist scum that would be ok.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
:D I read the argument the other day, can you point me to the image?

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>Apologies, that was Drewbert, who conveniently started the whole thing then hid in the bushes.

First you want me to shut up, next minute you accuse me of "hiding in the bushes" for doing what you asked me to.

Make up your ****ing mind, you imbecile!

But I must say, you're doing a slap-up job of proving to us just how stupid you are without any futher help from me.

"Better to shut up and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt".

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2003
Namedropper, your whole argument was based on some obscure experience you have had in the past,

No, my argument is based upon what trademark laws say. Go look it up.

Many people have posted to this thread telling you that you are dead wrong. How many does it take before you wise up?

You might want to continue your little crusade here

The only crusade here is getting good information posted to the thread about Legal Issues, like the board was created for.

but you are not impressing me or others. I need not name names but I don't think I have to.

Several people, included myself, posted factual information about what the law really says, and your response to me is that you and your supposed anonymous friends don't like me?

What is this, grade school?

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Draqon

I think you've jumped to the wrong conclusion about me. I have always been respectful to ALL members of this forum.

Now if there was something in particular that I did, why don't you give me a chance to publicly defend myself? If it's my name that offends you, deal with it. Although it does stand for "born to hate" is does not state who/what I hate. For all you know, it could and probably should stand for my ex-wife. :D

Even NamePopper has called you on your actions:

http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=142857#post142857

Originally posted by draqon
i haven't been paying attention to this thread, but i think we all know who the real racist is on this forum: brn2h8.

Die Nazis Die!!!*

-draqon

*the preceeding should not be interpreted as a stated intent to kill anyone, as that would violate federal law. Nor should it be interpreted as an incitement to murder as that would violate federal law as well. However if someone of their own free will should decide to kill certain celtic-cross loving racist scum that would be ok.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators