Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Censorship on DNF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When is it determined and by whom is it determined to place restrictions on what or how much a member can write in a post?

If DNF is going to practice censorship, then it needs to censor itself.

Moderators that come onto threads to not act as a moderator but to express their personal likes and dislikes is one thing.

But when that moderator is challanged on comments made and then claims that they were not speaking as a moderator, then they need to lose the moderator designation.

Put the badge on, take the badge off.

And moderators who "moderate" a thread when they have an overt or a covert dislike for the subject or certain members should not be the moderator in that thread.

Upvote 0
Domain Summit 2024

movingconcierge

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am through feeding the DNF machine. Contributing to this group of ignoramuses is about as useful as a monkey f u c k ing a football.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am through feeding the DNF machine. Contributing to this group of ignoramuses is about as useful as a monkey f u c k ing a football.

excuse me .... who are you and when did you start an intelligent .mobi thread? I've been INTELLIGENTLY debating .mobi w/your tribe for almost a year now, so since you've been a 2005 member I suggest you go back a few threads...

You are of the rare breed who waives both the ignorance and arrogance flags at the same time. That is just a step above chewing gum and walking. I'm very proud of you for progressing. Maybe soon you will evolve into a nice boy who can comprehend and reply smartly to intelligently written debate.

arrogance yes... ignorance you have to look into the mirror.... Thank you though Dr. Phil for your very mature and above all free evaluation :)

Also 67 posts, half of them on .mobi and half on .tv ... wow impressive stats - thank you for enlightening me and putting me on my place...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
he said "tribe"..lol

debating .mobi w/your tribe for almost a year now
:pound:

Steve, I like you more with each post

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its not about censorship... Its about containing the business environment that doesnt only involve you. Its about keeping people focused on why we are here in the first place. Its all these bullshit TYPING and TEXT Arguments. Why do they never turn out good? Because people just dont know when to stop. These fights dont stop when someone gets hit in the nose. How else are you to be contained other then "censoring" your daily hissy fits. (no thats not directed twords one person.)

Just think of all the things you could be doing while you are wasting away battling someone you have never set eyes on. The .mobi's are in a seperate section for the purpose of easy purchasing. There are a lot of .com's, and a lot of .nets. There are also a lot of .mobi's. Putting all together would cause clutter.

A few years ago I believe this forum was consolidated to eliminate clutter. Similar forums were consolidated. Still want a seperate .mobi section? Fine, Im sure it will be done just so people can get back to seriousness or atleast pretend! Its going to have to come down to the fact that not everyone can be suited, not everyone is going to be happy, and not everyone is going to like one another... But for the sake of everyone else here... End the nonsense.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have a domain << >> to sell but I can not understand how create a thread.
please add me on msn : << Upgrade >> and explain me how to do thank you all

I believe zob is like the F* word in french slang.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While we are at it..let's just make the site like sedo and only sell names here and then eliminate the chat altogether...if we want to make a comment to a seller or bidder we can submit it to be reviewed by an admin and it get sent to the other party within 24-48 hours :eek:k:

This is DN FORUM - reality is that people will always disagree over something...hard fact of life. It seems some of the mods have forgotten this lately and do not want anyone to dispute anything with each other and that just simply is NOT gonna fly!

If they were smart they would make a "MEMBER DISPUTE" section and any thread that got out of hand would be moved there and by accessing it or posting in that thread you would agree to not hold dnforum liable or responsible for any content and it would be non-moderated and & non indexed by google..this site would gain popularity overnight and people could discuss things that have been unresolved thus far since the threads just get closed or deleted...it's worth a shot and people have suggested it for YEARS, it's not my idea.

It would be a very effective and realisitic solution and "clean up" the forum and save the admins and mods of this site alot of headaches and drama...not every thread would be moved there, but when people start bringing up old sh*t and name calling, etc and a thread is not going anywhere it can just be sent there to fizzle out...and it would not have to then continue into other threads like it does now. Sometimes you have to just vent or crack jokes and we need a place to do it in without fear of jeopardizing our business or getting "banned" from the forum..

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That, or people can stop making petty issues such a big deal. Mods dont let it slide, because Adam has expressed many times that he doesnt appreciate it. Are we all going to be so childish and ignore that? These ranting threads only make the forum look bad, and unprofessional. A disagreement is one that can be tollerated, but what I've been seeing around here is far beyond that.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam has said he does not mind arguments and they are good for the forum as long as they do not cross the line...(I'll find the post in a minute as I don't like to talk for people)

They definitely don't like snitches, :sigh of relief:

http://www.dnforum.com/f71/who-dnfs-most-successful-11-thread-253373.html#post1275254

I personally hate arguments and think they are a waste of time, sometime you do have to defend yourself though and in lot's of cases it just "feels good" to stand up for yourself...and you can't blame anyone for doing that. But I agree sometimes we all have crossed the line and need to be a bit more professional.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is about censorship.

This is not about mobi, this is not about .com, this is not about anything else except what was pointed out in the original post.

Adam is aware and perhaps he will contact me for further clarification. But it is also apparent (to me) that some moderators have been going well above and beyond the moderator responsibilities and taken things into their own hands.

Out of respect for Adam responding, until a time to disclose more or if that time would come at all, there are too many assumptions being made by other members regarding the issue at hand.

movingconcierge

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, you are certainly NOT waiving the eloquence flag are you! :tsk: And you MUST stop proving my points for me. :lol:

Did you high-five yourself when you thought you made a funny :rolleyes:

I did learn how to insert smilies during my two + year stay.

excuse me .... who are you and when did you start an intelligent .mobi thread? I've been INTELLIGENTLY debating .mobi w/your tribe for almost a year now, so since you've been a 2005 member I suggest you go back a few threads...

arrogance yes... ignorance you have to look into the mirror.... Thank you though Dr. Phil for your very mature and above all free evaluation :)

Also 67 posts, half of them on .mobi and half on .tv ... wow impressive stats - thank you for enlightening me and putting me on my place...

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The truth can be adjusted :)

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, you are certainly NOT waiving the eloquence flag are you! :tsk: And you MUST stop proving my points for me. :lol:

Did you high-five yourself when you thought you made a funny :rolleyes:

I did learn how to insert smilies during my two + year stay.

If you didn't read between the lines of my previous post the clue was precisely on the "who are you" part....

Who are you, that suddenly has an opinion and writes 1/2 his posts on .mobi and only bitches and whines because .mobi was moved to a .ccTLD section...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I propose that we have "The Really Late Night Thread" with the usual night owl suspects: Focus, maroulis, Doc Com, Raider, etc. A moderator will run the debate of the day (or rather, night). :D

Special guests will include: the Mobi Posse, the IDN Gang, the Asia Dragons etc. Each guest would make a statement, post their manifesto and statements - then the regulars would try to provoke :smilewinkgrin: errrr, I mean invoke some stimulating conversations. The moderator would keep the conversation in order, by offering free popcorn and desserts.

If I were to choose a title for the pilot show, it'd be "Mine's bigger than yours" - a reference to one's portfolio. :eek:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll bring the weed...you bring the pita bread

movingconcierge

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't care where DNF puts .mobi, really. If you see my initial post in that OTHER thread, I didn't even mention .mobi placement. My post was to point out the very low traffic on DNF and suggest that people like you and ascroplex are probably the reason.

Are you done trampling on Doc Com's thread now?

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't care where DNF puts .mobi, really. If you see my initial post in that OTHER thread, I didn't even mention .mobi placement. My post was to point out the very low traffic on DNF and suggest that people like you and ascroplex are probably the reason.

Thank you for your kind words..I think Ascroplex (clever typo of Acroplex) already pointed you to his theory about opinions....

Please do not go!!! unless you got some more important ccTLD garbage to talk about, in which case I won't leave you hanging.....

PS Did you just come to Gerry's defense here? Cause if I'm not mistaken you just popped up like a mushroom (in lack of better word) when I mentioned .mobi

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

Tsk tsk, concierge boy. Move those empty dishes, will you? What kind of hotel are you running, for gawd's sake????

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Theo does'nt like expletives comprised of his trademarked name..I would tread carefully or you might end up in a slander suit ticketeer! lol

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Nah, no worries Chris.

But don't worms always crawl? This one slides. On its own saliva, no less. I love the part about "low DNF traffic". Such a fine grade of cow dung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom