Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

DNJournal Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And where else are you going to find such comprehensive reading about pricing trends -- it's a goldmine to be able to read all about real world sales in all extensions on just one page. He's a clever writer too. Very engaging. I don't know how anyone can knock it -- it's free also.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did they also quote ?

:greenbiggrin:

Somewhat off topic. Your trafficz page is very impressive. How did you do that anyway with all the nicely targeted ads on the page.

My parked pages are mostly crap with either poorly targeted ads or a combination of good ads and non-relevant ads. Have spent hrs of time trying to get them as good as domaingossip.com with little success.

P.S. I like the link to dnjournal. One of the good things about trafficz is they allow that.

D

Deleted member 70408

It's not fair to criticize DN Journal because they have "uncritical reporting." You asked them to print an editorial deriding them for captioning John Berryhill as “celebrated,” which you believe is wrong because it “helps to reinforce the collective illusion of superiority.” DN Journal is a privately run news outlet that can print whatever it deems fit, just as any other news outlet does. The caption is accurate, as John Berryhill is a celebrated attorney (more on this below). DN Journal is one of the only places where the general public can read about all of the happenings in the domain business. Not only that, but it is also publishes the frequently referenced weekly sales chart, and tracks all high-value public sales from the past few years. The Journal covers every major event in the domain industry, and in the online business world at large.

As for John Berryhill, I have nothing but positive things to say about him. He IS a celebrated attorney, and we are lucky enough to have him on our side. He has assisted me personally, and he has also offered public advice to the domain community at large. Just use the search tool to look at his previous posts. Many people have relied on his insight and advice to make informed business decisions. I don’t know of too many other attorneys who give their wares away for free. After all, people pay large amounts of money for the services of top attorneys, and here, John posts publicly for free.

Regarding Rick Schwartz’s private board, he has every right to throw you off for whatever reason he wants, especially if you have negative comments about one of the most esteemed members of his community, and the domain community at large. Just because you are a member of a forum, you do not have the right to publicly criticize someone because of a private grievance.

dnjon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last night I sent the following email to Howard Neu, with a copy to Ari Goldberger, Steve Sturgeon and Ron Jackson:

>>>

Dear Howard,

I imagine you have probably seen or heard about the comments I made this week at http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=183203

Today I received a call from a man who told me that someone (or some people, I can't remember which) had hired him to kill me, and that he/they told him the reason was that I had stolen money from him/them over the Internet. He said he was just calling to see if I sounded like the kind of person who would do something like that.

I told him I hadn't stolen any money and that this was probably related to comments I made criticizing certain people on an Internet forum this week. I filed a police report and they will try to trace the call.

My guess is that Rick Schwartz is behind this act and I thus ask you to use any influence which you may have with the man to convince him not to commit crimes against me.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Jon Schultz

<<<

This morning I have a response from Howard:

>>>

Jon

I have not read the thread that you are referring to on DNForum, so I am not sure what that is all about. However, i have been with Rick all week in New York and I can assure you that he has absolutely nothing to do with any death threats that you may be receiving.

Howard

<<<

and a message from Schwartz which reads:

>>>

Jon,

This is an OUTRAGEOUS accusation!!!

I EXPECT an apology and if you decide to spread this LIE I will take ALL legal action at my disposal to correct it. Don't you DEAR spoil my good reputation with this CRAP based on your BULLSHIT!!!

Rick Schwartz

<<<

Now it should be clear that I didn't accuse Schwartz of anything in my message. I only said it's my GUESS that he's responsible, nevertheless he has accused me of accusing him.

Similarly, it should have been clear to EJS that I didn't "criticize DN Journal because they refused to publish...."

Please read carefully before you post.

D

Deleted member 70408

such uncritical reporting at DNJournal may contribute to a slowdown in the domain market if the larger business community comes to recognize and reject this cultism, as it very well may.

You can be the "Domain Industry News Magazine" or the "Rick Schwartz Cult-Board News Magazine." You can't be both.

<<<

Jon Schultz
Las Vegas
I re-read your post and you didn't criticize them for not posting your editorial. However, you did critize DN Journal for "uncritical reporting" which is the reason for my post in defense of DN Journal and John Berryhill. When they (and John Berryhill) provide such a service to the domain community, I think someone should say something in defense.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think this thread takes the biscuit as the most ludicrous for a long time. You need to go and see both a lawyer and a psychologist. All IMHO.

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last night I sent the following email to Howard Neu, with a copy to Ari Goldberger, Steve Sturgeon and Ron Jackson:

>>>

Dear Howard,

I imagine you have probably seen or heard about the comments I made this week at http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=183203

Today I received a call from a man who told me that someone (or some people, I can't remember which) had hired him to kill me, and that he/they told him the reason was that I had stolen money from him/them over the Internet. He said he was just calling to see if I sounded like the kind of person who would do something like that.

I told him I hadn't stolen any money and that this was probably related to comments I made criticizing certain people on an Internet forum this week. I filed a police report and they will try to trace the call.

My guess is that Rick Schwartz is behind this act and I thus ask you to use any influence which you may have with the man to convince him not to commit crimes against me.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Jon Schultz

<<<

This morning I have a response from Howard:

>>>

Jon

I have not read the thread that you are referring to on DNForum, so I am not sure what that is all about. However, i have been with Rick all week in New York and I can assure you that he has absolutely nothing to do with any death threats that you may be receiving.

Howard

<<<

and a message from Schwartz which reads:

>>>

Jon,

This is an OUTRAGEOUS accusation!!!

I EXPECT an apology and if you decide to spread this LIE I will take ALL legal action at my disposal to correct it. Don't you DEAR spoil my good reputation with this CRAP based on your BULLSHIT!!!

Rick Schwartz

<<<

Now it should be clear that I didn't accuse Schwartz of anything in my message. I only said it's my GUESS that he's responsible, nevertheless he has accused me of accusing him.

Similarly, it should have been clear to EJS that I didn't "criticize DN Journal because they refused to publish...."

Please read carefully before you post.

Now that you have made this a PUBLIC "Guess" about DEATH THREATS, and posted my private email, this is out of my hands. You got some nerve.

Do the folks know what you did to Jon Berryhill was on THANKSGIVING DAY??!! That Berryhill wants nothing further to do with you? That I believe he had to block your emails? That his WIFE felt threatened by your phone call? That I had to block YOUR emails to me as well? That others have as well?

You have called Ron Jackson's integrity into question and he is the LAST person in the industry that should put up with you and your CRAP!

I haven't so much as given you a thought in nearly a year until this nonsense popped up in my mail box this morning.

As I told you LAST YEAR in private emails, "Go get some help".

Jon, you used to be a decent guy. I have no idea what happened to you. Someone did mention you were suicidal when your cat died last year. I don't know if that is accurate but it was mentioned. Sincerely Jon.....go get some help.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a bystander here but MODs you should close this thread and delete the posts ASAP.

Legalities aside, I think there are some serious personal issues that need to be addressed which shouldn't be hashed out in a public forum...

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please CLOSE the thread mods..

dnjon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do the folks know what you did to Jon Berryhill was on THANKSGIVING DAY??!! That Berryhill wants nothing further to do with you? That I believe he had to block your emails? That his WIFE felt threatened by your phone call?
John Berryhill, do you support these comments?

That I had to block YOUR emails to me as well?
I sent you one email after you asked me not to write you again - because you had been very insulting - making some final points and saying you would not hear from me again. Then you sent me another insulting message and chose to block my email address.

That others have as well?
Who?

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It just baffles me why people freak out so badly when they are kicked from that board for their own behavior issues.

Jon ... chill out and rethink your statements. You most definately did accuse Rick of being behind the "death threats" and you can spin all you want and it won't change it. Issue an apology for this absurd statement above and hope that prevents Rick from suing you.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
In general I agree that he does an excellent job with DNJournal. But if he wants the site to be taken seriously by the business community then he needs to maintain journalistic objectivity and not be a fawning admirer of Schwartz and other "DN luminaries" who are certainly not heros to everyone.

I happend to agree, I think one thing that goes under the radar, is that DNJ shows very little objectivity in there articles and on there web site, the articles are mostly one sided and only positive for the people or companies Ron writes about, which he has a right to do, however we all know theirs more to the story, it would be very benificial to the readers if it was reported.

As for the letter submitted to DNJ, keeping with tradition, I would'nt publish it either if I were Ron.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I happend to agree, I think one thing that goes under the radar, is that DNJ shows very little objectivity in there articles and on there web site, the articles are mostly one sided and only positive for the people or companies Ron writes about, which he has a right to do, however we all know theirs more to the story, it would be very benificial to the readers if it was reported.

As for the letter submitted to DNJ, keeping with tradition, I would'nt publish it either if I were Ron.

What more to the story do you wish to be covered ?
I'm just respectfully curious.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What more to the story do you wish to be covered ?
I'm just respectfully curious.

Referring to articles written by Ron, this is one example; Cover Story Article: Inside iREIT, If your going to pump up a company that purchased 400,000 domains, it would be beneficial to the reader to know what types of domains these are, are they traffic only?, what percentage of them have resale value? I personally know of 2 companies that sold large portfolios to iREIT, consisting of traffic only domains with little resale value, traffic that will only diminish over time, if their getting 50 million visitors this year, how many do they project for next year? perhaps if these facts were known, they wouldn't look like the 800 pound Gorilla they were made out to be.

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNJ shows very little objectivity in there articles and on there web site, the articles are mostly one sided and only positive for the people or companies Ron writes about, which he has a right to do, however we all know theirs more to the story, it would be very benificial to the readers if it was reported.

You don't say.....:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators