Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DNJournal Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Love those domain soap operas but I'm out of popcorn. Where is GeorgeK when you need him? :-D

Domain Summit 2024

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dnjon, you need to up your medication. Duke does a fantastic job with DNJournal and deserves a medal for presenting the domain community in a positive light to the media.

As for JB, I'm certain that 99.9% of people who have had dealings with him hold him in high regard. In my experience he has been helpful, pleasant and an exceptionally bright guy. I suspect your "bad experience" might be more to do with you than him.

Regarding being kicked off Rick's board (and I can say this from an objective point of view), if you go around abusing respected members of any community, you deserve to get booted and, after all, that's Rick's prerogative.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think this thread takes the biscuit as the most ludicrous for a long time. You need to go and see both a lawyer and a psychologist. All IMHO.

I could'nt agree more, its also the most entertaining, I couldnt stop laughing for an hour! Wonder what really happened to the cat?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Someone called me this morning and breathed heavily on the phone. I suspect it was a competitor trying to scare me off my solid stance against all things .mobi :-D

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone called me this morning and breathed heavily on the phone. I suspect it was a competitor trying to scare me off my solid stance against all things .mobi :-D
Are you sure it wasn't Darth Vader?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No Chris. My father calls on Sundays.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DNJON, Suspecting is one thing, accusing without any proof is another, You crossed line here, I suggest you revisit this thread when you get your ores in the water.

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you folks will indulge me I would like to post 2 of MY emails that I wrote to Jon. I think they speak for themselves. I was stunned to get an email from him on Thanksgiving Day 2005 to begin with and he was obviously not in a holiday mood. The first email is AFTER he put up such a fuss on the board about John Berryhill that the concensus was we could no longer allow it to continue and he was removed. It does pain me that I took my TIME on Thanksgiving Day to try and do my best to get him to see the light. I took a lot of time composing that letter. I was trying to throw a life preserver to what was always a good guy but went off the deepend like i have never seen before or since.

The second email is when I had enough and it is in all caps so you could imagine I wanted him to hear me loud and clear. I had had enough and I just gave up.

Normally I would not even answer this. But the charges are so serious, so OUTRAGEOUS, so untrue, that I really have little choice but to set the record straight.

The second email was November 26th 2005. Until this morning that was the last contact or thought I ever had about Jon Schultz until Howard's email to me this morning. An email that he also decided to send to Ari Goldberger, Steve Sturgeon and who knows how many others.

Email #1

Jon,

Don't take this personally....but are you nuts?

It is Thanksgiving man....give it a rest already.

Did I ever tell you my cemetery story? Do you know how many folks are in cemeteries today that were RIGHT?? Right and DEAD??

Being right is not everything. Ask the tens of thousands who are dead in cemeteries that were in an auto accident and are now DEAD. They did nothing wrong. It was the other guys fault. BUT THEY ARE DEAD!!

Do you think being right is more important? I bet they would trade being wrong and alive any day of the week.

2 weeks ago you were beating a dead horse. Now you are beating a corpse that is dead and buried. It stopped being about your problem with John (Berryhill) a LONG time ago. It became about your reaction and your failure to let go.

I have no idea what is going on inside your mind. But let me tell you, you have done more harm to yourself by yourself than a 1000 John's. You have no idea when to just leave it alone and let it go.

It's Thanksgiving. Focus on the good in your life instead of this BLIP that you have made a mountain of. You have done more harm to yourself than you recognize and it was all pain and no gain. Stop being a FOOL. Stop having to have the last word. Being right is not that important. Being at peace is.

Go to a homeless shelter and serve them some soup. Find someone out there today that you don't know with an unfortunate circumstance and give them a $100 bill. Put a smile on someone else's face so you can put a smile on yours.

That is the best I can do Jon.

Have a happy Thanksgiving and turn the page. Do something good.

Regards,

Rick Schwartz

Email #2

This email was sent 2 days later responding to 1 or 2 more of his.

JON,

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT SLANDERING MY GOOD NAME!!!

YOU SIR ARE THE ONE WITH A PROBLEM. YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH JOHN BERRYHILL, HIS WIFE, HALF THE PEOPLE ON THE BOARD AND NOW ME. YOU ARE A NUT. YOU ARE OUT OF CONTROL.

AS FOR THE BOARD, NOBODY HAS MENTIONED YOU. NOBODY COULD GIVES A RAT'S ASS ABOUT YOU. YOU HAVE TURNED INTO A MEAN AND NASTY PERSON. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU AND YOUR BEHAVIOR. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF JON. ASHAMED!!

SEND ALL THE LEGAL NOTICES YOU WANT. I WILL TESTIFY THAT YOU TURNED INTO A SICKO. A STALKER. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU. SO VERY SAD. I HOPE YOU COME TO YOUR SENSES SOMEDAY. YOU ARE MAD AT THE WORLD JON AND I HOPE YOU GET SOME HELP SOON.

I AM BLOCKING YOUR EMAIL NOW. I DON'T EVER WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN. I JUST TRIED TO TELL YOU THE REALITY OF WHAT YOU HAVE DONE. YOU IGNORED IT JUST LIKE YOU IGNORED EVERYONE ON THE BOARD. GET SOME HELP JON. REALLY. YOU NEED HELP. BUT PLEASE DON'T EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN.

Rick

dnjon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As an example of how little regard for honesty or truth Schwartz has, I have never said one word about John Berryhill's wife, whom I have had no contact with whatsoever.

But it doesn't seem like there's a tremendous amount of regard around here for honesty or truth, so I guess he feels at home.

Edit: Actually I have to amend that, because I did respond, on Schwartz's board, to Berryhill saying his wife found something objectionable about the tone of a message I left on his voicemail. I said I didn't know what she could have found objectionable because I wasn't upset with him at the time.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Jon, Can you post your emails to Rick?

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jon, you should probably stop before the walls of the proverbial inescapably deep hole you've dug for yourself start to collapse.

Irrespective of any perceived harm that John may have done to you, you've done far more to yourself. Bad-mouthing him in front of a community which he has, undeniably, done much good for isn't going to win you any points.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Referring to articles written by Ron, this is one example; Cover Story Article: Inside iREIT, If your going to pump up a company that purchased 400,000 domains, it would be beneficial to the reader to know what types of domains these are, are they traffic only?, what percentage of them have resale value? I personally know of 2 companies that sold large portfolios to iREIT, consisting of traffic only domains with little resale value, traffic that will only diminish over time, if their getting 50 million visitors this year, how many do they project for next year? perhaps if these facts were known, they wouldn't look like the 800 pound Gorilla they were made out to be.

Hmmm interesting. You seem to have inside info. just my thoughts but I'd suggest that if you have inside info and no one else is "covering it", that you write about it. If you have something to comment or add to what's written in an article you can always blog about it. I'd bet you'd get a LOT of readers too. That's the beauty of the internet...Everyone has a voice. Maybe domainnamewire.com or dneditorial.com would let you write something up. From my experience, I believe both allow for comments and actually seek contributors. Doing your own thing is pretty easy too. just my 2cents

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone should start "DomainNuts.com" ... the alternative to mainstream reporting of the Domain business. Think about it, DomainNuts.com -- for those on whose sky is a different color!

Could be an opportunity...

Shaun

bigowl

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jon, you are your own worst enemy. You should be taking this all out on yourself instead of on all your peers who now see you as unstable. We, your peers rejected you on Rick's board for behavior not suited there so that's why you aren't there anymore. By your own doing is why so either you are right and we are all wrong or we all are right, and you are wrong. It's obvious which you think. Instead of taking good advice from your peers, you lash out at us so it's apparent that you are the one who has issues that need to be dealt with immediately.

So Jon, rather than going any further, consider this. The general consensus among your peers says that you are the one who is at fault for your own actions/misbehavior. So now, instead of backing off this foolishness in front of your jury of peers, you continue to say more ludicrous things that make you look more foolish than ever. Please, for the sake of yourself and your peers, stop now before it's too late. You are destroying the little credibility you have left by taking the low road.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmmm interesting. You seem to have inside info. just my thoughts but I'd suggest that if you have inside info and no one else is "covering it", that you write about it. If you have something to comment or add to what's written in an article you can always blog about it.

Your right, I've always considered a blog, perhaps when I have more time I'll take it on.....I missed reading the latter pages of this thread before my original post, I dont think I would of posted about DNJ on this thread.....its way too wacky to be taken seriously.

dnjon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And by the way, Schwartz, didn't you insist on your board, in 2002, that the domain I wanted to buy for $10,000 - the name of which I had emailed you - was only worth about $1,500, and that I was off the wall for wanting to pay $10,000? The type-in traffic from that domain, PaydayLoans.com, has earned my company about $1 million over the last two years alone.

Are you willing to admit that what you said then wasn't true?

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bad-mouthing him (John Berryhill) in front of a community which he has, undeniably, done much good for isn't going to win you any points.
Amen to that Beachie, Berryhill is a true Saint in my book. No one's perfect and Berryhill has flaws like everyone, but you should judge someone by the big picture. I know from experience that John is honest, generous, and smart. There is one thing I know for a fact: Berryhill has done far more charity work as a lawyer, helping out poor domainers, than you could ever imagine. Berryhill is loved on this board. Please refrain from saying anything else bad about him or you won't have many friends here.

Jon, you are not crazy, God only knows that you may even have a legitimate point, but the keyword is that you're: overreacting.

In life, sometimes you have to take a step back to gain perspective. If Rick is as bad as you say he is, then they did you a favor by kicking you off and you should say to yourself, "Good riddence" and MOVE ON. Take that opportunity to start your own secret domain forum.

By posting your gripes and publically bashing Rick, your stooping to the level you claim he is at. You have just become as bad as you say Rick is. Someone has to be the bigger person.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And by the way, Schwartz, didn't you insist on your board, in 2002, that the domain I wanted to buy for $10,000 - the name of which I had emailed you - was only worth about $1,500, and that I was off the wall for wanting to pay $10,000? The type-in traffic from that domain, PaydayLoans.com, has earned my company about $1 million over the last two years alone.

Are you willing to admit that what you said then wasn't true?
Nobody cares.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
And by the way, Schwartz, didn't you insist on your board, in 2002, that the domain I wanted to buy for $10,000 - the name of which I had emailed you - was only worth about $1,500, and that I was off the wall for wanting to pay $10,000? The type-in traffic from that domain, PaydayLoans.com, has earned my company about $1 million over the last two years alone. Are you willing to admit that what you said then wasn't true?

I'm going to lose all respect for Rick if he responds to this.

:deadhorse:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom