Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Has .info failed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No it has not failed. It continues to be registered. People are grabbing .info's that drop and their sales continue to slowly climb in both volume and price.

I see more and more .info's in the search engines as well - another sign that it is being developed and recognized.

Argie

InteractiveWork.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No it has not failed. It continues to be registered. People are grabbing .info's that drop and their sales continue to slowly climb in both volume and price.

I see more and more .info's in the search engines as well - another sign that it is being developed and recognized.

Exactly!!!

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Agreed. It's funny that you start this thread now because .infos are stronger then they have ever been. WhiteBark is right. I am a dropcatcher of .infos and it is very competitive. .Infos will only increase in value from here.

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Agreed. Of late sales have really climbed significantly

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Of late sales have really climbed significantly

If .info sucked you would be able to catch great names when they drop. This is not always possible now. It's taken 5 years for .info to get this far. I think the increase in sales is overdue and I hope to see more in the future...especially from me. ;)

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can just post your infos.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.info took a few steps backwards when they started giving them away.
I just came back from one of my forums where I had to ban 3 more .info email accounts used by adbots. Other forum owners have banned .info entirely. I am thinking about doing this as well.

It is better than it was when they were free and it is definitely picking up. Let's hope this trend continues and pray that .info's reg'd for free to use for spam email addresses and adbots are not renewed.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.info took a few steps backwards when they started giving them away.
I just came back from one of my forums where I had to ban 3 more .info email accounts used by adbots. Other forum owners have banned .info entirely. I am thinking about doing this as well.

It is better than it was when they were free and it is definitely picking up. Let's hope this trend continues and pray that .info's reg'd for free to use for spam email addresses and adbots are not renewed.

What I don't understand is all of the .infos that have been dropping lately show an expiration date of 2007. Does anyone know why?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I own about 7,000 .INFO's, and agree with many of the comments here. .INFO is doing well and is beginning to be recognized. Most .info transactions are not publicly reported, but $10,000+ sales are fairly common.

.INFO is the best investment out there right now in terms of potential ROI. I expect to see $100,000+ domain sales in .info in the near future.

It's all a gamble, but on this one I'm putting my money where my mouth is, and other smart people are doing the same. Heck even BuyDomains and bonkers are throwing good money at .INFO domains.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no clue. Maybe something to do with the domains bulk registered on our behalf by registrars like enom hanging around in the system for some reason?
Either way it is strange.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no clue. Maybe something to do with the domains bulk registered on our behalf by registrars like enom hanging around in the system for some reason?
Either way it is strange.

Strange indeed. I once heard it has something to do with the .infos that were registered for free. They come from multiple registrars though most are reg'd since 13-14th Sep 01.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is all of the .infos that have been dropping lately show an expiration date of 2007. Does anyone know why?

About 90% of .info domains expire in the 4th quarter, and all registrars (of all .tld's) 'fake' a year onto the expire date while they play games with the grace periods, redemption periods, and private and public auctions. And when renewed, all systems include 1 year renewal which bumps it to 2007.

That is a significant .info investment, it would be interesting to know what global location traffic tends to come from.

It generally mirrors the non-.info distribution.

BTW, the trend of seeing TYPE-INS on .info seems to be climbing -- yet another sign that .info has great potential as an investment.

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping it's not a failure! Cos i got one on sedo auction right now! Not a hot auction with loads of bids but it's got a bid so it's gonna sell no matter what!

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
About 90% of .info domains expire in the 4th quarter, and all registrars (of all .tld's) 'fake' a year onto the expire date while they play games with the grace periods, redemption periods, and private and public auctions. And when renewed, all systems include 1 year renewal which bumps it to 2007.

It generally mirrors the non-.info distribution.

BTW, the trend of seeing TYPE-INS on .info seems to be climbing -- yet another sign that .info has great potential as an investment.

Yes, I agree on the .info type-ins. I've seen a huge spike in my traffic.

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Either that or you are hyping .info up so you can move some on! :-/

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping it's not a failure! Cos i got one on sedo auction right now! Not a hot auction with loads of bids but it's got a bid so it's gonna sell no matter what!

What is it?

Also, I don't think one person talking about .infos is going to heat up the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom