Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

If dotcomgod sets up a free domain conference, would you attend???

Where would you attend a FREE conference?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cshel said:
Hey now... I *want* to go to PubCon, does that count? I've been burning too much PTO time at work and PubCon won't count as work related so I have to use vacation time if I want to go. Plus work won't pay for the conference fee :(

Now if the conference fee were < $100... I'd go ahead and eat the PTO time and be in Vegas.

Sometimes the conference fees make attendance cost prohibitive.

Yep, time off is always an issue, but the pubcon cost is not. When I originally post here, the conference fee was about $400, round trip flights $80 - $200, and walking distance rooms about $50. Bottom line: about 10% the cost of "Little TRAFFIC", 8 times the attendance, zero chance of hurricanes or blizzards. Last year I won an iPod at the giveaway raffles at Yahoo parties, and they will be doing those again this year.

I look forward to a DNForum conference.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After reading this thread over and over I feel that to get the best attendance, we should do it online using a high end web conferencing system.

This way all can attend with little or no cost.

What do you guys thing of that?

-=DCG=-

CashCowDomains

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it would be cool, but it would lose the personal contact feel of a regular conference. what about denver? kinda central no? :)

roy

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
After reading this thread over and over I feel that to get the best attendance, we should do it online using a high end web conferencing system.

This way all can attend with little or no cost.

What do you guys thing of that?

-=DCG=-

hell yeh!

im sure I speak for all international members :)

pamela

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not no cost, lets pay a little, hell good idea. Adam make a new thread regarding this.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Possible a new forum regarding this. But good idea Adam. You figure even if you had to charge a little (maybe a discount for exclusive members) it would beat purchasing a plane ticket, hotel, food, etc.

Would we get a DNF t-shirt with the registration :)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, how would the after-parties work? Free dinners from Google by Google? Parties at clubs by Yahoo? Networking sessions? Grilling CEOs of PPC companies about bad policy on front of their customers?

I just don't see how one replaces the other, but I can understand why you would opt for this with the lack of enthusiasm from members here.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
So, how would the after-parties work? Free dinners from Google by Google? Parties at clubs by Yahoo? Networking sessions? Grilling CEOs of PPC companies about bad policy on front of their customers?

I just don't see how one replaces the other, but I can understand why you would opt for this with the lack of enthusiasm from members here.

I agree with you JP, based on the survey the only way for us to get turnout is online.

Also we will hold a live conference later as well.

-=DCG=-

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have it in Hong Kong and I will bring 10 boxes of redwine!

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have it in Amsterdam and I'll bring 100 grams of weed!

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can Amsterdam be included in the poll?

I know Amsterdam would be a great place for a domain conference.

daddypi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNAholic said:
Well I sure would be up for London mate. But the weather is sure getting bad here, it's been raining the past few days. You won't be seeing snow for another 6-8 weeks here I believe, if any really. As for hurricanes, don’t get really get them here.

If Adam does decide to do something here, I would volunteer to help out. Would be cool meeting people here on the forum in person :)

Maybe namestrands would be willing to travel down, although not an easy journey, I think it would be worth it and would love to meet him.

I have a strong feeling Angus wouldn't.

DNAholic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
daddypi said:
That pic should come with a warning sticker attached to it.

lol, true.

I still cant believe the lack of interest here. I feel like there is something wrong somewhere. Some names I have come to know and respect are not even saying anything. Some bad vibe going on, or maybe thats just what I am perceiving here, dont know.

I will be at sedo event, anyone here from the UK attending?

sneakers.com said:
it would be cool, but it would lose the personal contact feel of a regular conference. what about denver? kinda central no? :)

roy

I feel the same way, but instead. I am saying: what about London? kinda central when you look on the world map no? GMT :wink: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom