Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

my earnings is falling down

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the bad marriage analogy, let me add...
....she doesnt listen to you..
...if something doesnt work its your fault...
...she takes your money and feels good about it..
...she doesnt respond to logic....
....its expensive to keep her...
...but more expensive to leave her...

Keyboard Cowboy

Positioning / Publishing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never understand the use of being miserable and blaming a PPC service. It sounds like a bad marriage to me. You hate it but don't bother to get a divorce.

If you're not happy - consider trying another service. If you aren't sure which one to try, feel free to PM me and I'll help you figure out which one will work depending on your domains.

But remember if your names aren't that good, they aren't going to perform well at any service. There's no magic pill. But there are services that perform much better than Sedo if you have good names.
That is what I don't understand either. Theo, if sedo suck that bad how come you don't just move them?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Acroplex has a love/hate relationship with Sedo.

Only Greg understands my bitching.

Sedo is supposedly the market leader. Well, their approach to the PPC issue - which is shared amongst many users of this forum - is simply non-professional.

Sedo has its pros and its cons; as I said before, I'm the first one to applaud and the first one to complain, simply because they fluctuate as a service.

You need to understand that stability is important when a service claims to be #1.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
#1 in terms of domains hosted by them or #1 in earnings for parked domains?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not sure. Definitely doesn't own that spot for support.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Total bollocks. PPC is at 50% of average. Revenue at 50% of daily average for the past 30 days.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same low CPC here. My CPC almost never fluctuates. It just slowly decreased about %50 in the past 2 months.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Make sure you check tomorrow's corrected figures, we don't want you to faint from the fall.

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol - I think I will be ok. I don't expect a big correction...although if I get one I will post it. ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sedo has been playing chinese torture on our foreheads for a couple of months now. PPC mysteriously trickles up once complaints kick in. Then, it mysteriously slows down to a drip when the complaints fade away.

He who controls the water, controls the flow. And that's no chinese proverb btw.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would be more suspicous if the stats were consistant.

We all know now that SEDO takes 50% of the revenue generated on SEDO Pro, maybe they should share a little more of the pie as I am very dissapointed in the conversion and the revenue this past month on SEDO Pro.

Back to trafficz

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo has been playing chinese torture on our foreheads for a couple of months now. PPC mysteriously trickles up once complaints kick in. Then, it mysteriously slows down to a drip when the complaints fade away.

this happened several times in my case - i complain and the revenue shoots up and 2 days later it goes down.( even more as it was before the complained)

i also contacted Sara and she replied in her pm that she would look into the account issue - never got a reply.

my account manager is very nice and response very promtly ( unfortunately with always some pre compliled email ,stated that everything works fine and i get paid the right amount.)

over the past 2 year ,that i had parked a large amount at sedo i had nothing but empty promisses ( from the beginning when a sedo rep asked me to move more names over to sedo - to countless reductions in revenue with the excuse sedo doesn't make any money - right up to very suspicious lack over referrer commission from a name that i sold at sedo where the buyer first contacted me via email - then the buyer found the domain name on sedo via my link ( sedopro affiliate link on my website is working perfect) makes an offer and the sale is completed - other then my commission that i still should get even if it is my own name that was sold via sedo ( though my link )
i never asked for this commission ,since i wanted to see if it would come , however after 2 month i can clearly kiss that money goodby ,but this also showed me :

SEDO , I JUST DON'T TRUST YOU !!!!!

needless to say ,that i have moved most names away from sedo.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Another indication that yesterday's earnings were halved: my affiliate earnings were exactly halved as well.

This means that a perfectly random account made 50% of their daily revenue, matching the percentage of my own revenue drop!

How much more proof is needed?

1. Downtime
2. Odd stats
3. Dwindling PPC
4. Lack of Sedo participation
5. Lack of Sedo support on weekends.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's one to Ponder..

Time is 14:52 GMT+1

Since moving my names over to trafficz at around 2am GMT+1 This morning revenue is 2 times that of the entire previous day at sedo and the day has just begun.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo: You are saying there are daily fluctuations in major keywords?,..I am sorry to say but that is not true...epecially high paying keywords have stable PPCs especially BECAUSE there are so many different advertisers fighting for the top spot on those keywords..so if a particular keyword pays $4 one time and .40 the next time something else is in place in your system that I think you should share...

Talkhost

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think everyone agrees that something is wrong with sedo.

I parked a finance domain there, keyword loans.. The CPC is averaging 20 cents...
I have finance domains parked elsewhere and CPC is 2 - 3 $
Same google feed, same ads being displayed. Why would sedo be so much lower?? Answer - They are screwing us. Simple.

xchanger

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think everyone agrees that something is wrong with sedo.

I parked a finance domain there, keyword loans.. The CPC is averaging 20 cents...
I have finance domains parked elsewhere and CPC is 2 - 3 $
Same google feed, same ads being displayed. Why would sedo be so much lower?? Answer - They are screwing us. Simple.

...actually that explains a lot..because if they are paying out 50 cents on a $3.50 keyword you can mathematically increase 100 other 3 cent adult traffic clicks or whatever by 3 cents and claim that 90% of the domains make more money now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom