Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

my earnings is falling down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a name that went from $710.37 08/26/06 to $139.99 yesterday!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Today is projected to be the lowest weekday of the past 3 months, according to my analysis.

HumanIngenuity

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today is projected to be the lowest weekday of the past 3 months, according to my analysis.

with about 4 hours left till the end of the day for Sedo stats, i will be at a all time low after they changed the feed on the 26th.

Funny thing is they claimed that overall they expected my revenue to increase 10%!! I hope they do something quickly as I have a lot of other parking accounts that have been left idle to try out if they don't pull through.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've experienced massive drops as well. I feel like a fool trying to wait it out, but I keep telling myself I will give them one more day...

Talkhost

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm the same.. It's too much hassle moving domains around from place to place, so I tend to stick with where they are.. but Sedo has got worse and are not improving any... I have a domain there with a keyword that is listed in overture of $1.50 + but sedo are paying me 9 cents... Something wrong there

Rikkers

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo posted this on acorndomains earlier today....

sedo said:
Hi everyone,
Thanks for your feedback. We know the initial stage of our system revamp meant dramatically higher earnings for most of you. The next stage - where the earnings actually update automatically (dynamic pricing) was the next step. This means that the earnings now fluctuate in response to the dynamic income received from our advertising partner on the new advertising feed.

Generally, "non-commercial" terms, such as gaming, virus, freeware, chat, torrent, music, etc. are experiencing a downturn as advertisers do not seem to spend on online advertising for such products. Under the new corrected system, terms and domains related to commercial and viable industries (eg. pharmaceuticals, medicine, business, employment etc.) are doing very well. Basically, terms related to competitive and commercial products and services are experiencing a real boost under the new system.

Keyword optimization for relevance is the primary key for success in our new, revamped system. Choosing relevant keywords that reflect popular, well defined and commercial terms will ensure that your domains perform optimally with us.
SedoPRO members can contact their account managers for information and help with this. Otherwise, our team at [email protected] would be more than happy to assist you with any questions regarding the system improvements that you may have.
Best wishes,
Your Sedo Team

It's a shame they didn't call it a day after the "initial stage" :frusty:

Avensen

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And what about other PPC services that use Google's feed?
Can anyone report such dramatic revenue down at NameDrive, for example?

fishfinger

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"......basically, terms related to competitive and commercial products and services are experiencing a real boost under the new system."

Now they are just getting insulting.

I think most of us are in a position to know what a competitive term is and in case Sedo hasn't understood yet.......whatever the term revenue is DOWN.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As predicted, today was my worst revenue weekday (excluding weekends that are always lower) of the past 90 days.

Talkhost

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Move away from Sedo then...

Most folks are now.. Lots of competition.. As soon as I have the time I will be moving the minimal amounts of domains I have left at sedo to somewhere else..

I only left some parked at sedo to see if CPC, CTR, Uniques etc would change..

Funny thing is, I move a domain from sedo to another PPC and the page views sometimes triple.... Are Sedo stealing traffic as well as revenue???

Avensen

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today I added a new domain to Sedo and it's hard to believe in what I see right now at my Sedo stats!

Domain Management page:
domain.name, x_views, x_clicks.

Sedo Parking Statistics page:
domain.name, y_views, y_clicks.

And guess what?
y_views=x_views divided by 2 (precisely!)
y_clicks=x_clicks divided by 2 (precisely!)

One half of views and clicks (precisely!) was cut down at the Sedo Parking Statistics page!

P.S. Screenshots were taken.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Post the screenshots, so that Sedo won't claim that the traffic which was cut was "search engines" and "bots" and what have you.

It seems we are scraping off the surface of a giant iceberg.

Avensen

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

HumanIngenuity

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As predicted, today was my worst revenue weekday (excluding weekends that are always lower) of the past 90 days.

Yeah, another record low today, in the middle of the week!! actually today's revenue is worse than a weekend day since the new google feed. My epc went up a little but my clicks ctr tanked.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.avensen.com/misc/sedo1.png
http://www.avensen.com/misc/sedo2.png

The real magic is that NOW, just 20 mins later figures at both pages are the same.

thats odd..did they maybe do their hourly update when you switched over from one to the other page....if you have data how many hits the domain got a the previous parking service you used, that would be really interesting to see to check if hits disappear...because of the problems at Sedo lately I parked a bunch of domains over at Namedrive, they basically have the same feed, and for many domains CTR is x2 , but the EPC is lower...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did all you guys ever think that maybe it's the Google feed which is way down and not Sedo taking a larger share as you all seem to suspect. It seems to me Sedo would not do that and end up losing lots of parking business and needing to be real defensive and subject to anger.

I do not use Sedo or do much parking anywhere else but I have observed Adsense income and stats are recently down significantly (YPN has also declined a lot lately). In fact, a few days ago was the worst day since April in one regard, and poorest day in a very long 1-1/2 yrs involving a different statistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com