Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Parked.com Update on Arbitrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This was just sent to all of our Parked.com customers.

Dear Parked.com customers,

We were notified today by Yahoo that all Yahoo based parking companies, including Parked.com, must begin enforcing the no arbitrage/no paid traffic general provision. As a reminder, Section 2 Subsection g. in the Parked.com Terms of Service states:

"All other types of traffic including bought traffic, traffic driven by PPC campaigns, traffic directed from hyperlinks are not permitted. If your traffic originates from any sources other than type-in and search engine traffic, you will not be entitled to payment as per this Agreement. Regular checks are carried out and we reserve the right to suspend any domain from our Service at any time, on our sole discretion, if we reasonably believe that you have violated this Agreement; for example, if we suspect that the traffic on your domain is bought, generated or redirected in any way that contravenes these terms and conditions."

For more information please see http://www.parked.com/tos/.

Accordingly, all arbitrage must stop effective 1pm PST on Thursday, February 14, 2008. Even though arbitrage will no longer be allowed, all accounts will still be paid.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact your account manager.

We thank you for your business and continued support.

Parked.com

Domain summit 2024

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i see this was coming soon

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i heard some people were making high XX, XXX /month alone from Arbitrage in parked.com
i guess Parked's profit will be affected to a large extent with this move from Yahoo

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yahoo just shot itself in the groin with a silver bullet. They are desperately trying to avoid getting swallowed by Microsoft, who has a big appetite and will lobby the shareholders now that the BoD declined the offer.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
does this mean that there will be more money left for account like mine or will the payouts just keep getting worse too ?

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
figured this was coming. guess i'll get back to developing.

CyrusL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow, no one saw this coming:blush:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can say I didn't see this one coming either. I expected Google to try and stop it more than Yahoo.

Donny

CyrusL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yahoo just shot itself in the groin with a silver bullet. They are desperately trying to avoid getting swallowed by Microsoft, who has a big appetite and will lobby the shareholders now that the BoD declined the offer.

No, actually this is a great move for Yahoo. Google has favored advertiser's demands over the publisher's demands for years and look how successful their ad network is. The clicks are only worth what advertisers will pay for them and when we get garbage traffic we will only pay garbage prices. Anyone with a basic understanding of free markets and internet advertising saw this move coming from miles away.

I look forward to a healthier Yahoo and the chance to increase my bid prices on those of you with traffic worth my money.

I can say I didn't see this one coming either. I expected Google to try and stop it more than Yahoo.

Donny

Google actually put the nix on AdSense arbitrage landers in early '07 when the practice was gaining in popularity. However, their guidelines on AdWords -> YSM landers has been less strict, although slowly changing. I have no doubt this decision will be a good long term move for your business, congratulations.

Zaan

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any good Google parking companies out there that allow arbitrage? ...I mean, do I really have to go get a job again?

LOL! :lol:

CyrusL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any good Google parking companies out there that allow arbitrage?

Google themselves don't allow arbitrage so it's going to be an uphill battle trying to do volume without anyone noticing. First learn how to strip referrer tags :cool:

whats hyper link traffic? please give example.

When someone clicks on a link and lands at the parked site. For example:

http://www.bigscreentvs.com/

When you click that link you would be considered hyperlink traffic.

domain54326

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google themselves don't allow arbitrage so it's going to be an uphill battle trying to do volume without anyone noticing. First learn how to strip referrer tags :cool:

When someone clicks on a link and lands at the parked site. For example:

http://www.bigscreentvs.com/

When you click that link you would be considered hyperlink traffic.
Clear, thanks.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your traffic originates from any sources other than type-in and search engine traffic, you will not be entitled to payment as per this Agreement.

does this mean expired websites with existing backlinks will no longer be monetized?

miraculix123

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are there any other parking provider with an other feed that accept quality target ppc traffic?

Or any other solutions to monetize that kind of traffic?

Please answer here or PM!

Thanks

hydroboi

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well guys the answer now is Affiliate marketing, there are 1000's of ways to make money online, please look into some, Johnchow.com Shoemoney.com, Uberaffiliate.com sooo many these are just a few!

Are there any other parking provider with an other feed that accept quality target ppc traffic?

Or any other solutions to monetize that kind of traffic?

Please answer here or PM!

Thanks

Parked is honestly the best, p.s. it's not going to be just Parked, it's anyone who uses a yahoo feed, anyone with Google is ok for now, but beware!

Another way to monetize is with Affiliate Marketing, just check Google for that!

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anyone with Google is ok for now, but beware!

google strictly prohibits arbitrage, after this move from Yahoo there is no parking company where you can monetize this kind of traffic

sending paid traffic to google feed will not only get you banned from that specific parking co, but all other parking providers will be notified as well and you will have a hard time getting accepted in any other program. beware of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom