Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Parked.com Update on Arbitrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Arbitrage KILLS PPC.

I've seen companies and individuals make four to six figures DAILY on arbitrage, buying shit traffic and pumping it at google, which was more than happy to cash in on it and rape their advertisers. This is being done to this day.

For those of you that are blind, anything that hurts the advertisers, hurts the PPC business, and sooner rather than later, advertisers will realize this and start putting their money into something that won't rob them blind. Please don't tell me what a great job you're doing saving advertisers money by buying clicks from some half *** source and sending it to someone who pays more for them, expecting to get quality traffic but getting crap instead.

Bold move on Yahoo's part. I applaud them for it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

I want to see them ending that TQ crap as well.
I never liked Yahoo. I hope they get swallowed up by Microsoft.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Arbitrage KILLS PPC.

I've seen companies and individuals make four to six figures DAILY on arbitrage, buying shit traffic and pumping it at google, which was more than happy to cash in on it and rape their advertisers. This is being done to this day.

For those of you that are blind, anything that hurts the advertisers, hurts the PPC business, and sooner rather than later, advertisers will realize this and start putting their money into something that won't rob them blind. Please don't tell me what a great job you're doing saving advertisers money by buying clicks from some half *** source and sending it to someone who pays more for them, expecting to get quality traffic but getting crap instead.

Good point.

ilovedomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
does this mean expired websites with existing backlinks will no longer be monetized?

"If your traffic originates from any sources other than type-in and search engine traffic, you will not be entitled to payment"

I always wondered how long it would take Yahoo and Google to get a clue.

I think all the link traffic will eventually wind up at places like ask.com getting the 2 & 3 cents a click its really worth.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"If your traffic originates from any sources other than type-in and search engine traffic, you will not be entitled to payment"

I always wondered how long it would take Yahoo and Google to get a clue.

I think all the link traffic will eventually wind up at places like ask.com getting the 2 & 3 cents a click its really worth.

yeah but ask.com is also Google feed, why would Google allow ask.com to monetize it in that case

If Google bans link traffic as well there will be no place to park such domains

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Luc,

I am more an advertiser than a publisher, maybe this is why I hate arbitrage for a long time. For example we stopped using secondary ppc search engines mainly for this reason and I guess a lot did the same.
So YES arbitrage tends to kill PPC.

Arbitrage also leads to an horrible experience for the users.

Google is fighting these practices for years, I still remember a video from Google showing GEOSIGN (one of the arbitrage champion) doing arbitrage.
GEOSIGN get hited for abusing of these practices few years ago.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cybertronic,

That is exactly right. It takes an advertiser & publisher to see the full picture and understand the severity of the problem. I was in the same boat. I ended up pulling all Google network ads and secondary search engine ads on my ad campaigns.

Well it is developing now for sure, even a half hearted attempt at a site will pay more for sure.

Developing was ALWAYS the way to go in my book. Creating something of value is better for the domain owner, potential buyer and the internet community. Not to mention it yields higher sales prices. I think everyone is pretty fed up with ads.

Luc

ilovedomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah but ask.com is also Google feed, why would Google allow ask.com to monetize it in that case

If Google bans link traffic as well there will be no place to park such domains

There always were PPC search engines buying link traffic before Google and Yahoo came along. Ask.com was one of them. Since they pay next to nothing, I assume they dont charge advertisers a lot to buy the traffic.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I run dozens of affiliate websites and inbound link traffic from good sources can convert VERY WELL. To say all link traffic is poor is a gross generalization.

miraculix123

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.. and arbitrage and arbitrage is not the same.
And traffic quality score is the number of conversion from the advertiser, isn`t it?

it`s the microsoft offer, nothing else. yahoo for its own was on the right way with the TQS and sort out the really bad traffic.

ilovedomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I run dozens of affiliate websites and inbound link traffic from good sources can convert VERY WELL. To say all link traffic is poor is a gross generalization.

Well then, the sun is shining for all the link traffic guys!!! They can just send their traffic to affiliate sites and get rich :)

Heres the difference. When your send traffic to affiliate sites, you work to find traffic that converts. When sending traffic to search engines, you dont care how good it is, you send them anything their stupid enough to pay for.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
boo- i'm the last person to find out about Arbitrage :blush::blush:

always wondered how some crappy names generates traffic- when my less crappy stands at zero

StuntPope

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still unanswered: not paying out on traffic that is not search engine or type-in leaves us wondering about expired domains with linkpop? (Or just existing domain backlinks?)

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still unanswered: not paying out on traffic that is not search engine or type-in leaves us wondering about expired domains with linkpop? (Or just existing domain backlinks?)

thats ones got me as well, whats up with that?

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anybody seen Focus??...i thought he was the official rah-rah cheerleader for Parked.com....Maybe this isn't good news for him either??..curious to hear his feedback on this......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom