Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Sedo Help Needed - Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My ever dwindling IDN portfolio is Polish. No sale feature here either, though I have sold quite a few of them privately. Not sure why Sedo doesn't want a commission on these, as they clearly corrected the IDN spoof issue a couple of years ago. Not much confusion these days.

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I got the email too with a list of inactive domains, but my list seems to be 100% accurate, meaning I dropped all the domains listed. As for the IDN issue, I don't appear to be affected. I have a couple hundred active traffic IDN and they were *not* on my list, so all is well with mine.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Sedo conducts periodic DNS tests in order to identify and remove domains that do not currently benefit from Sedo’s marketplace or domain parking. In our most recent test a number of IDN domains were wrongly marked as inactive and customers were notified.

Keep in mind that Sedo does support the sale of many IDN domains.

We apologize for this inconvenience. We will communicate any updates to you as we look into this issue further.

- Carolyn

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that Sedo does support the sale of many IDN domains. - Carolyn
Appreciate the update.

Why does sedo not support the listing and posting of some IDN's for sale, specifically the Japanese, Chinese, Korean characters?

Sedo specifically states that Sedo will not allow these IDN's to be priced or OR SOLD - and blocks them from being priced.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Carolyn, is Sedo reacting to the current controversy regarding the UK registry (Nominet) in respect of the alleged encouragement/facilitation of cybersquatting? You'll be aware of course that Nominet are currently considering swingeing changes to their so called 'domainer' policies. This has all been expounded lately on the 'NOM-STEER' members' mailing list. As a Nominet registrar, I would like to see some comment on NOM-STEER from Sedo, given that one of your executives is on the PAB.

Do you have any comment?

Thank you.

Last edited:

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Sedo does not support the sale of all IDNs through our marketplace.

Domains with non-Latin characters can be listed in your account and parked, but they cannot be sold through Sedo's online marketplace. This way of coding (UTF-8) allows for special character domains (e.g. domains in written Chinese, Arabic, Greek, Russian, etc).

IDNs containing Latin-based characters such as as á, é, í, ä, ö, etc. can be parked and sold with us.

-Carolyn

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Carolyn, is Sedo reacting to the current controversy regarding the UK registry (Nominet) in respect of the alleged encouragement/facilitation of cybersquatting? You'll be aware of course that Nominet are currently considering swingeing changes to their so called 'domainer' policies. This has all been expounded lately on the 'NOM-STEER' members' mailing list. As a Nominet registrar, I would like to see some comment on NOM-STEER from Sedo, given that one of your executives is on the PAB.

Do you have any comment?

Thank you.

Hello aZooZa,

This topic is actually outside of my scope of expertise. Your question has been passed on to our Team in the UK.

Given you are actively watching issues such as these you may wish to look into becoming a member of the ICA (Internet Commerce Association.)

http://www.internetcommerce.org/

If you have time I encourage you to visit the site, you may find it a useful resource.

Regards,

Lisa

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Lisa,

I have enough 'useful resources' to monitor, but thanks. I suppose the question I am posing is why we don't see much contribution by Sedo on NOM-STEER -- is Nora Nanayakkara stilll on the PAB?

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now why is that?

Is your tech team simply not up to the task or is it because you can't be bothered / don't see it as a priority?

I got the same notice but it has no effect on me as I moved everything to Namedrive, who actually can be bothered

Hello Everyone!

Sedo does not support the sale of all IDNs through our marketplace.

Domains with non-Latin characters can be listed in your account and parked, but they cannot be sold through Sedo's online marketplace. This way of coding (UTF-8) allows for special character domains (e.g. domains in written Chinese, Arabic, Greek, Russian, etc).

IDNs containing Latin-based characters such as as á, é, í, ä, ö, etc. can be parked and sold with us.

-Carolyn

Last edited:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is actually an important issue. Sedo needs to answer it, regardess of ND.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Amazing the number of "fake" IDN's that they not only sold but featured...

like the fake "fish.com"

It was only after much outrage and Complaints did Sedo add the IDN icon.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

To clarify, domains containing Latin-based characters such as á, é, í, ä, ö, etc. can be listed in your account and parked and sold through Sedo.

Non-Latin based characters (e.g. domains in written Chinese, Arabic, Greek, Russian, etc.) can also be listed in your account and parked. However, our system does not currently support the sale of these domains through our marketplace.

*Please use Sedo's Multilingual Domain (IDN) Converter before listing IDNs in your account.

We are constantly updating the available types of extensions (including IDNs) that can be parked and sold through Sedo. If you are unsure if you can list your domain please contact us at www.support.sedo.com.

I will pass your comments on to our Product Management Team.

Regards,

Lisa

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, with the largest expected internet growth and usage of BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) - Sedo does not support the sale of three of the four?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators