Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo needs to be shut down !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo needs to be shut down !

SEDO Is a disgrace to the industry, and it costing people loads of time and money !

My story
I won two domains at the GreatDomains auction at the end of JANUARY ! Over 1 MONTH ago !
One auction was in EUR, One auction USD. SEDO figure that I therefore want to pay in GBP. Completely ridiculous. It has absolutely no effect on them what currency I pay in as long as it is at the correct exchange rate.
After 2 weeks, I finally get a response: after 2 weeks, and contacting FIVE agents, they say I can pay in dollars. I promptly do by masspay.

I won TPL.net, and WOE.net. SEDO have wasted the sellers time by being ridiculously slow, incompetent, and unresponsive.
Anyway the seller of TPL.net pushes it, great. The seller of WOE.net does not.

It takes SEDO a further 2 weeks with 3 replies to numerous emails within that time to tell me 'Mr Anwar Mackie' is another scummy non transferring seller.
It shouldnt take 2 weeks to work this out, and tell me!

During this time I made the mistake of bidding on another SEDO auction which I won. I stated as is well within my rights: "It has been 3 weeks and you have not completed these 2 transactions, thus I will not send payment for the third until the previous 2 are completed"
No response, absolutely nothing. I email a stern email demanding a refund. A week later they send me my refund in GBP WTF! by normal paypal WTF!
Thus I have lost £30 worth of fees, have a load of GBP i cannot use (as I deal in dollars), have wasted 5 weeks and got nothing, and still technically have another transaction to complete.

I've said it before, and I say it again. SEDO take a ridiculous commission to sell your domains, yet although they employ ridiculous amounts of staff (who get paid to reply to emails), they still cant manage to reply to an email for 2 weeks at a time.
Maybe it is just me, but I think if you sit at a computer 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and are getting paid, then you should be able to reply to an email!!
They should pay us a 10% commission to use them!

I am now unsure exactly what to do. I want my refund of the full amount in USD, and I want compensation for my time. I could have done SO much with this money within the 5 week period had they not hijacked it.
Emails continued to go unanswered, so what do I do? Charge back the original payment, and retain the GBP as my compensation? It would not suprise me if I had to do this, as SEDO are too incompetent to sort it themselves.

Agh..!!! I don't say this lightly, but what a bunch of morons!

Lisa here does ... nothing, Steve does nothing, Benjamin ... dont get me started, apparently he cannot type, Erich.. replied a few times, then decided he could not be bothered and stopped...

Last edited by a moderator:
Domain Summit 2024

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why is it that I see some of the same agents listed in this thread of dissatisfaction also?

I sold a domain last week, winner bid with less than 6 hours remaining, and in less than 24 hours I am getting an email saying the bidder made a mistake and the auction has been canceled.

NEVER have I seen Sedo move so fast in anything.

This must have been a Sedo agent bidding.

But -

what really pisses me off is this last bidder beat out two other bidders and 5 bids yet Sedo cancels the whole thing and wipes the auction off the board.

Thanks.

I needed that.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Gerry,
this industry badly needs a gov't oversight.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gerry,
I think the industry needs ICANN to do its' chartered functions.

If not, then surely something will come about and usurp ICANN's authority.

Problem is who or what.

In this Sedo matter I described, it is not an ICANN issue.

This is Sedo failing to abide by its own policies and enforce the rules.

Sending me an email saying the bidder made a mistake within the last 6 hours of a seven day auction is total BS.

That bidder's actions caused two other bidders to loose and Sedo saw fit to totally erase the auction details.

Lets see how prompt Sedo is in relaying the bidder's details to me.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My problem is SEDO charges for a service they do not provide.

I call them 'The sale inhibitors' because say a name were to be sold on ebay... with a responsive seller I can pay, and get the domain within 30 minutes.
SEDO adds a third man which does nothing BUT complicate the process. Even this it manages to do badly, and it thus turns a simple process into a complicated one.

There is absolutely no point to them, half their sales dont go through because of THEM!

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Every investment class in the US & EU has supervision except domains

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gerry,

Wrong.

We just need decent, compassionate people at the reigns of important matters.

You think gov't oversight will do that? LMFAO

Every investment class in the US & EU has supervision except domains

One alternative?

Oversight from decent people..

I'm all ears :)

My problem is SEDO charges for a service they do not provide.

I call them 'The sale inhibitors' because say a name were to be sold on ebay... with a responsive seller I can pay, and get the domain within 30 minutes.
SEDO adds a third man which does nothing BUT complicate the process. Even this it manages to do badly, and it thus turns a simple process into a complicated one.

There is absolutely no point to them, half their sales dont go through because of THEM!

Yes in reality...
Sedo is offering 'services' that are not even worth 0% commission.

In fact most businesses that waste your time over and over again usually compensate you for f*&^king up so much...

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Self-regulation?
Oh yes. The previous administration did fabulous with that.

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Self-regulation?
Oh yes. The previous administration did fabulous with that.

The fascist globalists who have been protected by the President standing at the PR podium my entire lifetime do not represent the ideals of freedom and liberty.

Obama is an embarassment to any American who actually knows anything - no different than Clinton and Bush.

They are all merely puppets for the bankers who orchestrated the collapse decades ago that we are all experiencing today.

It wasn't mismanagement by the plebs..the collapse was strategically planned and thought out by those who print the money, own the corporations, own the oil, make weapons, sell weapons, start wars, make the drugs, sell the drugs, own the media oh yeah... and hire PR puppets like Bush and Obama

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread is about sedo, not a political thread.

Sedo is a business.

Businesses remain successful due to value added services.

Customer Service is paramount to the success of any business.

Sedo's customer service is almost non-existent and slow to respond.

Used to be that every thread posted here had intervention from someone at sedo.

Now that does not even occur.

Perhaps 2 hours ago I saw SedoCoUk (?) viewing the thread.

Avoiding issues and problems does not solve the issue and problem.

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread is about sedo, not a political thread.

Sedo is a business.

Businesses remain successful due to value added services.

Customer Service is paramount to the success of any business.

Sedo's customer service is almost non-existent and slow to respond.

Used to be that every thread posted here had intervention from someone at sedo.

Now that does not even occur.

Perhaps 2 hours ago I saw SedoCoUk (?) viewing the thread.

Avoiding issues and problems does not solve the issue and problem.

That's true:

Does sedo add value?

Does sedo have customer service?

It's kinda like this: we all live next to McDonalds so we eat there everyday. We know it sucks, but it is so convenient we don't stop to fathom how much poison and toxins we are consuming - how much time is wasted etc....

Why use Sedo? There are plenty of alternatives....

And yes Doc avoiding problems doesn't work....As a Doctor I'm sure you know you can treat symptom after symptom after symptom - but without ever getting to the cause, the patient does not heal...

Back to working on dev sites for people, expiring names, the 50 grand people owe me, bills, paying for school, gardening etc etc - stuff not to be avoided...

There shall be balance!

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We use SEDO because people list their good domains there. Once a name is on auction there, if we want it, we have to buy it there or risk losing it.

How do we stop SEDO, replace it with a good, well administered auction platform.
Think about it dnf members provide a good proportion of SEDOs sales.

If DNF, simply copied SEDO, and did it well they already have their clients sitting here.

SEDO need to learn the hard way that they are a bunch of idiots by losing their business to people who do it properly.

Loads of businesses are being hit hard by the economy. SEDO is being hit because it is down right shit !

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo shouldn't be shut down since its a great marketplace but it should be run by professionals.

There are a bunch of @#$$&*@ working there at the moment and their policies are ridiculous. Otherwise Sedo would be an amazing place all domains couldn't live without.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Then use eBay & good luck.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's a short list of decent people:

Madoff
Richard Fuld
Carl Rove
Dick Cheney
John Ashcroft
Tom DeLay

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A decent list of short people, you mean.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo shouldn't be shut down since its a great marketplace but it should be run by professionals.

There are a bunch of @#$$&*@ working there at the moment and their policies are ridiculous. Otherwise Sedo would be an amazing place all domains couldn't live without.
bingo

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Um... that is reasonable to suggest that the staff at SEDO be replaced to then produce an amazing market place... BUT My point here is that even if SEDO do revamp their staff force, they still clearly dont give a crap about their customers otherwise they would not have employed such bufoons in the first place...

Scrap the staff, and you have a domain marketplace with a bad reputation. Thus I would say if dnforum opened an auction platform, and did it well, they would instantly have more than SEDO has, or will ever have..

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a way to get their attention and the attentions of thousands of domainers and consumers.

Just think what powerful tools you have in your at your fingertips this very second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom