Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo needs to be shut down !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've just taken SEDO's survey questions and given them the best ratings :)

Benjamin Falk... dont get me started, apparently he cannot type
Benjamin was the agent from my last transaction ended today, everything was OK.

Currently I have a problem with another auction where the highest bidder retracted the bid in the last minutes and I became the winner. My agent from this transaction, Steve Opadeji, understood perfectly my point and we're now trying to settle an agreement. I'm curious how it'll be finished.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've just taken SEDO's survey questions and given them the best ratings :)

Benjamin was the agent from my last transaction ended today, everything was OK.

Currently I have a problem with another auction where the highest bidder retracted the bid in the last minutes and I became the winner. My agent from this transaction, Steve Opadeji, understood perfectly my point and we're now trying to settle an agreement. I'm curious how it'll be finished.

Lucky you I would say... I simply dont get replies from them so how can I sort it..?

I appreciate they may be good on occasion but consistency is the keyword here.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was the seller in an auction and this very thing happened.

Yet sedo rapidly wiped away the entire auction.

Two other bidders and all bids gone.

All in less than 24 hours.

What kind of games are they playing?

I think im missing your point DC... If you could elaborate... I will happily put a lot of effort into taking SEDO down. Thanks
Sedo obviously is no longer addressing concerns on DNF.

This has gone on for months now.

Take your points elsewhere.

Facebook
MySpace
Twitter

Powerful media presence.

No one likes to have their dirty laundry aired out in public.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lucky you I would say... I simply dont get replies from them so how can I sort it..?
Well, their replies could be faster sometimes. Their last reply arrived after 2 days.

I was the seller in an auction and this very thing happened.

Yet sedo rapidly wiped away the entire auction.

Two other bidders and all bids gone.

All in less than 24 hours.

What kind of games are they playing?
Yes, I've seen your thread. I don't know, it seems they aren't acting in the same way all the time. In my case the highest bidder retracted his bid in the last minutes (after the auction has been extended few times because of bids in the last minutes) and SEDO didn't cancel the auction.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo has a few issues, basically I think it comes down to the staff being idiots/not trained, and not having enough of them.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They charge high fee's for everything...lack of staff would be no excuse.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GUA,

To maintain the privacy and integrity of the marketplace we do not discuss individual transactions publicly on forums. In response to your post our Director of Customer Relations tried to contact you via telephone. Unfortunately he was unable to reach you as the numbers provided in your member accounts are not valid contact numbers. Please send me a PM with a phone number where you can be reached and our Director of Customer Relations will contact you directly to discuss this matter further.

There was a comment within your post regarding payments. We would like to clarify that the currency assigned to an account is set based on the member’s country. Our payment polices are in place for the convenience of our members but also as a way to limit fraud within the marketplace. Questions regarding any of Sedo’s polices may be directed to our Customer Care Team at support.sedo.com.

Thanks.

Lisa

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lisa,

I understand that you stick up for the company that you work for but you must admit, the customer service at Sedo is not the best. The only time I get results is when I PM you directly. I just wish there was some sort of incentive for the reps to respond to emails and to do their job. They seem to only care about transactions over 100k.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GUA,

To maintain the privacy and integrity of the marketplace we do not discuss individual transactions publicly on forums. In response to your post our Director of Customer Relations tried to contact you via telephone. Unfortunately he was unable to reach you as the numbers provided in your member accounts are not valid contact numbers. Please send me a PM with a phone number where you can be reached and our Director of Customer Relations will contact you directly to discuss this matter further.

There was a comment within your post regarding payments. We would like to clarify that the currency assigned to an account is set based on the member’s country. Our payment polices are in place for the convenience of our members but also as a way to limit fraud within the marketplace. Questions regarding any of Sedo’s polices may be directed to our Customer Care Team at support.sedo.com.

Thanks.

Lisa

I am not sure why the phone number on file is not working.

I do appreciate you cannot discuss individual transactions on a forum. These problems however are not unique to me.

My aim here is not for you to sort this out for me as a goodwill gesture, rather get SEDO to sort themselves out in general, and actually provide a service people want to use.

I would say that 5 weeks is more than ample a period of time to sort out the situation. Given we are in an online business email communication is as good as any.

I thus request that your 'Director of Customer Relations' emails me at my contact address (which you have), and we can go from there. Hopefully he/she has been trained in usage of a keyboard (unlike most of your staff).

I suggest this email be sent promptly, as the engine of my steam roller is going strong.

Thanks

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ah, what a load of bollocks. Thomas, pick up the phone and call Sedo UK instead of complaining about your specific case. Every single time I had delays in resolution of issues, a phonecall resolved them. Yapping about "closing down" Sedo sounds like a childish response.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lisa,

I understand that you stick up for the company that you work for but you must admit, the customer service at Sedo is not the best. The only time I get results is when I PM you directly. I just wish there was some sort of incentive for the reps to respond to emails and to do their job. They seem to only care about transactions over 100k.

Hello Rockefeller,

I just sent you a PM.

Lisa

I am not sure why the phone number on file is not working.

I do appreciate you cannot discuss individual transactions on a forum. These problems however are not unique to me.

My aim here is not for you to sort this out for me as a goodwill gesture, rather get SEDO to sort themselves out in general, and actually provide a service people want to use.

I would say that 5 weeks is more than ample a period of time to sort out the situation. Given we are in an online business email communication is as good as any.

I thus request that your 'Director of Customer Relations' emails me at my contact address (which you have), and we can go from there. Hopefully he/she has been trained in usage of a keyboard (unlike most of your staff).

I suggest this email be sent promptly, as the engine of my steam roller is going strong.

Thanks

GUA,

Thank you for the response. I passed your request on to the Director of Customer Relations.

Lisa

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah, what a load of bollocks. Thomas, pick up the phone and call Sedo UK instead of complaining about your specific case. Every single time I had delays in resolution of issues, a phonecall resolved them. Yapping about "closing down" Sedo sounds like a childish response.

Acro,

I don't do phone calls. Yes I could be proactive and call SEDO UK, but not only will their offices be closed now, but simply put I prefer email.

I appreciate the whole 'I will destroy SEDO' attitude is childish, that portrayal of myself and my views is NOT my intentions. My intentions are to point out that I have strong feelings with regards to SEDOs lack of service, and am going to try my level best to get something done about it.

Amicable, and 'normal' attempts of resolving my problems have led to.. well.. nothing.

Lisa: Thankyou.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You don't do phonecalls?

What's wrong with Generation-Y, I wonder...were you born with the "at" symbol on your forehead? :D

Seriously, when you dictate the channels of communication to a corporation, don't expect things to be resolved per your temper, tempo or expectations.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lisa,

How much attention does SedoUSA pay the forums?

Who are the decision makers?

Why is there such a load of contradictory explanations?

Here is an example;

I am told sedo will only list an a domain for auction if there is a bid or a broker lists it.

I can not count the many times have I seen pure raw junk listed on the auction with no bids from start to finish.

All started at $60 and all ending with zero bids.

When I inquired about brokering some names, I am told by my reps or agents here in the states that Sedo will only broker the entire portfolio.

This is complete bull and you and I and everyone reading this thread knows it.

Sedo needs to take a more proactive approach and role in forums and in basic customer service.

It is an absolute shame to have to voice concerns on a forum to get attention.

And who has the authority to cancel a bid and wipe away all the bids and, for that matter, an auction's results all in less than 24 hours?

I have never seen Sedo act that fast in any matter.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't do phone calls. Yes I could be proactive and call SEDO UK, but not only will their offices be closed now, but simply put I prefer email.
I agree 100%. Phone sux :D

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seriously, when you dictate the channels of communication to a corporation, don't expect things to be resolved per your temper, tempo or expectations.

When it comes to Sedo, most of us are simply asking them to communicate...preferably thru the channels of communication that they themselves agreed to use when we created accounts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom