Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Toronto - GTA and Surrounding area Domainers

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actually i will have a name tag.

with my real name and it will say AKA Chapel or the reverse because you all know me as Chapel first then AKA :place real name here" :)

I will try and stop by Staples to grab some name tags.

The name tag thing should be funny. We are all about the "Names" after all.

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I can't make it tonight, been working on SharedReviews through the nights this week. Hope you guys have fun, let me know if there's another one :)

Chapel, hope this last minute cancellation is not causing you too much trouble. Thank you for organizing this get-together.

/Frank

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no worries guys

When i started this thread i said that I got together with a couple of other domainers and we had fun talking about domains. Sharing ideas and trading face to face. If i get to meet one other domainer that can can understand the lingo and we each learn something then it was worth my time and effort, because i got a lot to learn.

1. I've made mistakes
2. I'm going to make more mistakes.
3. If I can lessen the amount of mistakes I'm going to make. $$$ saved
4. It's just fun talking instead of typing about domains for a change.

I can't get out to the big events (time off or cost of events) so this little meeting makes up for it. And after I'll post about it and I'm sure the others will too.

P.S. for everyone coming out tonight: suggestion make a list of your domains for sale (on paper) cause I'm gonna want to see them and possibly use the ATM (hehe). I only have one laptop so if you're planning on talking and showing stuff

Rule 1. Don't talk about fight club (hehe)

2. Trades get first access to the computer.

3. next time we are gonna have a live auction with a guy that mumbles and everything :)

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
was great to meet everyone that showed up!! Thanks for putting it on Chapel and thanks for the ride back to the Go Train :D Will definitely shoot out some emails :D Thanks again :D

Jay

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chapel, Hope you got my PM I sent last night after I returned...thanks for putting this up. Good start.. wish everyone who came there the best in their endeavors!!!

Thanks

jr360

DNCEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chapel,
Exchanged some good ideas, thanks for aranging everything.
As you implied: Just taking the time to go to any industry meeting and learning one new thing you might not be doing to increase your business success, is well worth the time spent.

Good Job!! And keep me informed of any future meetings via PM.

Nice to meet everyone who turned out!
JR

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was a pleasure to meet you all. I learned a lot and know a few others picked up some good tips and tricks to increase his/her business.

Some topics covered:

1. Domain tasting
2. Monetizing
3. Parking - and with who
4. ccTLDS
5. Flipping domains vs Developing domains
6. Mistakes made
7. LLLL.com.cn.in race to the finish
8. dot Asia
9. dot CA we spent some time here.
10. Our Portfolios
11. Some sales were discussed. current and past.
12. Niche Domains
13. and much more

We talked about a lot of things and it helped me a great deal. It was nice to talk and not have to type it all out :)

All in all it was a fun productive evening. I will pm all who are interested in the next one, so if you intend on joining us please PM or Post and will keep everyone informed.

Until then - Happy Domain Hunting :)

Chapel

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I'm planning the next one already. All suggestions are welcome. Please pm suggestions and or requests.

Looking at having a gathering end of January or beginning of February. A little North of the city;).

If any one would like to help out with this one. It would be appreciated. Also I'm planning on having a small live auction, so let me know if you think this is a good idea or not.

Thanks,

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chapel.....good job! way to keep the momentum going!...... I suggest monthly get-togethers.....that's what I'm doing with the NY group.....and yeah....meeting face-to-face and getting to know the guys/gals removes any barriers....opnes the communication lines......and also sure beats typing!!...:)

Tony

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We had some real veterans at the last one.

Portfolios ranged from my mini portfolio (200) to a couple of guys in the 5,000+ domain range.

lots of experience there.

Next one will be better. Cause the last one was thrown together in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately I ended up paying for a couple of things out of my own pocket but it was worth it for the contacts and knowledge i gained.

Hopefully we get more DNF members out next time. I was thinking of a small live auction. What do you think? limited to approx. 50 - 75 domains. possibly no reserve - I'm not sure yet-

Could use some suggestions with the auction style and domain selection for auction.

Thanks,

Harmonia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Aww...I missed it! I came across this posting too late. Do count me in for the next meeting! I hope I am not the only gal too :p I can meet anywhere in Toronto, preferred anywhere from the East to downtown. Let me know, thanks Chapel!

Flora.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will schedule the next function in Richmond Hill and pay for the dinners.

All that want to come are welcome.

As for Chapel, he may be a great guy but letters came to me from sources complaining. People saying he sent letters to companies self promoting his portfolio. That is not what this group is created for.

Again I will host an all paid high end dinner in Richmind Hill for those that want to come.

All Toronto DNF meetings will now be run by me.

Chapel is free to run other meetings, I can't stop that.

I think it's pre-mature to plan a live auction when only a ahndful showed up.

My First scheduled dinner will be somewhere between the 14th and 18th of January.

I will post more details as it gets closer.

Food and drinks covered by me and I would be happy to answer and industry related questions.

-=DCG=-

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

As for Chapel, he may be a great guy but letters came to me from sources complaining. People saying he sent letters to companies self promoting his portfolio. That is not what this group is created for.

Again I will host an all paid high end dinner in Richmind Hill for those that want to come.

My First scheduled dinner will be somewhere between the 14th and 18th of January.

Food and drinks covered by me and I would be happy to answer and industry related questions.

-=DCG=-

Adam....What about us in NY??....:)..No sponsorship for us?...:)..It was my idea to start these get-togethers in the first place.....:)

I think Air Canada flies direct to LaGuardia...:)

Tony

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the next 6 weeks, I am in Dallas, Nassau, Phoenix, Los Angles and Las Vegas.

Anyone of those cities want to do something and I am in.

New york will be a Feb thing probably.

Already too damn busy ;)

-=DCG=-

sudesh

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Already too damn busy ;)

-=DCG=-

Wow wow wow.. I wish I had wings to fly like that!!!!

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will be there for sure. Thanks for taking this and running with it Adam. :D

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Already too damn busy ;)

-=DCG=-

I see you like the warmer places...:)

Will be looking out for you in February.....it's nice and warm here in NY during that time...:)

Tony

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

-=DCG=-

Adam,

I missed Chapel's get together so I can't comment on that. But when you say high end dinner I think that might be providing a little to much.

Something slightly less informal maybe. Hungry for domaining knowledge not a free dinner...

Maybe some other folks have some ideas on a good format that will help with the exchange of knowledge and ideas.

Thanks
db

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators