Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What's the point of life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argie

InteractiveWork.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nope, I am saying .. and it is all I can say as I have little spiritual knowledge (unfortunately)

"All I know is when I ask God for help my life gets better.

If there is no God, why does this happen repeatedly ? "

As to all the philosophical questions - who am I to answer such questions. There has to be some purpose somewhere. Doesn't mean I can or ever will understand it though :)

All I know is :

"All I know is when I ask God for help my life gets better.

Don't be naive, that's not god, that's luck...

Go to an hospital, ask a nurse to take you to the area where cancer patients are, specially kids with cancer, then go back here and tell me if you still believe god exists...

Don't get me wrong, I was like you, I used to believe in god, then one day my sister got breast cancer, she fought against cancer for one and a half year , during that time she suffered like hell, she got methastasis on her lumbs, brain, liver, bones, and all this after the most painfull quimiotherapy traetment you can imaging (the type of breast cancer she got was the worst one, triple negative), so after the metasthasis she got to go all over again, quimio, rays in the brain, all that for what?, for nothing, after the second treatment she got more metasthasis, finally she pasted away a month ago. Now my sister was a person that believe in god, she used to help people, all she wanted was to create a family, she got married and after trying to get pregnant for a long time, she had a boy, now that boy in 2 1/2 years and has no mother, and my sister, after all the fighting she put into it, won't see her son grow up, she won't be able to enjoy her marriage, and the worst part is, she suffered a lot before dying. She didn't deserve it, she didn't..... all this openned my eyes, there is no god, there is nothing, life is...well, right now, as it is obvious, I'm angry so... life is shit, happyness is something I will never experience, that train is long gone... if all this was god, then you can keep you god to you, I want nothing from him...

JM2C

Domain Summit 2024

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow! Respectable video! glad I am not the only so called crazy one

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All I know is :

All I know is when I ask God for help my life gets better. [/COLOR]

If there is a God, why do you have to keep asking repeatedy?

gr8names hit the nail on the head;

I wonder what fraction of amputees have sincerely asked God to replace their missing appendage? I'm pretty sure they're batting zero in the help department.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they are that way for "people" to make choices.... to choose to help or choose to ignore.

but let's say you are right and there is no God, as it applies to each respective religion.

if, the populations of the world were to have same opinion, then there would be no fear of what happens to your soul.

there would be no afterlife judgement

and therefore, there would be no conscience of the consequences that we humans make when deciding between good and evil or right and wrong.

religion is the tool that gives "man" the ability to control the masses.

logic and rationality is what controls the individual and those without that, are truly uncontrollable.

a world without religion and logic, would not last as we know it

:)
religion and logic don't mix. they are like polar opposites. if people lived their lives logically they wouldn't be a need for religion. there is no logic in causing harm to another person. its a very very sad statement on humanity if the only thing keeping us from raping and pillaging is fear of being punished in some kind of afterlife which is based on zero logic. i don't believe thats the case. there are many people who don't believe in an afterlife and they are kind peaceful people, typically more-so than religious types. if people can't be good people simply because we are all one in this human experience, then this human experiment is a total failure.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
religion and logic don't mix. they are like polar opposites. if people lived their lives logically they wouldn't be a need for religion. there is no logic in causing harm to another person. its a very very sad statement on humanity if the only thing keeping us from raping and pillaging is fear of being punished in some kind of afterlife which is based on zero logic. i don't believe thats the case. there are many people who don't believe in an afterlife and they are kind peaceful people, typically more-so than religious types. if people can't be good people simply because we are all one in this human experience, then this human experiment is a total failure.

i think you mis-read my point

anytime, you start a sentence with "if" to come to a conclusion, then that is considered "theorizing" which is a part of logic.

now whether or not the conclusion was the 'logical" choice of an action, is typically viewed at the outcome.

here is where logic and religion mix to control the masses:

if, you don't do this, then these things may or may not happen

if, you do this, then this or that may or will happen.

every action that is "contemplated" in the mind before a movement is made, goes thru this process

though some don't "think" before they do, they just do, then deal with the consequences

and it doesn't matter whether you're religious or not

that's all i'm saying

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think you mis-read my point

anytime, you start a sentence with "if" to come to a conclusion, then that is considered "theorizing" which is a part of logic.

now whether or not the conclusion was the 'logical" choice of an action, is typically viewed at the outcome.

here is where logic and religion mix to control the masses:

if, you don't do this, then these things may or may not happen

if, you do this, then this or that may or will happen.

every action that is "contemplated" in the mind before a movement is made, goes thru this process

though some don't "think" before they do, they just do, then deal with the consequences

and it doesn't matter whether you're religious or not

that's all i'm saying
yeah, i get what you are saying. i don't think it should take people to fear what will happen to them in the afterlife to consider the consequences of their actions. you would think the consequences of this world would be enough. hurt family, friends, go to jail, etc, etc. i was too quick to assume you were saying without religion we would all be reduced to animals (or worse) which is a view of many religious people for some strange reason.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"if people lived their lives logically they wouldn't be a need for religion. there is no logic in causing harm to another person"
Sure there is, beat up people and take what you need, jail or not, many people live this life, logic dictates they eat, or some guy says to himself, "me in the mood for love, woman pretty , me want woman, woman say no, screw no, I take woman!" logic dictates the need for relief and satisfaction.
Though, in this day and age, too many men, like "I cant get no satisfaction" :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"if people lived their lives logically they wouldn't be a need for religion. there is no logic in causing harm to another person"

Sure there is, beat up people and take what you need, jail or not, many people live this life, logic dictates they eat, or some guy says to himself, "me in the mood for love, woman pretty , me want woman, woman say no, screw no, I take woman!" logic dictates the need for relief and satisfaction.
Though, in this day and age, too many men, like "I cant get no satisfaction" :)

that's how they depict cavemen mentality, but we supposedly have advanced intellectually

will to survive, dictates the need to eat and the program to recreate stimulates sexual desires

the logical premise concludes how one gets their meals and fullfills their desires

either take what you want aggressively, or go the passive route

both may get results, it's the consequences that matter in the end.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought this was a domain board so what's gong on with this all too big and strange thread having litte to do with domains that I am weary of seeing bumped to the top so often! Too bad we don't talk as much about domain names other than all the for sale threads.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought this was a domain board so what's gong on with this all too big and strange thread having litte to do with domains that I am weary of seeing bumped to the top so often! Too bad we don't talk as much about domain names other than all the for sale threads.

if u hadn't posted, it wouldn't have received another bump ;)

so let me ask...

what thread would you prefer to see get bumped....a thread with no real contributions about what members think

would you prefer no one had responded in this thread because the title and opening post was not about domains

is it your opinion that nothing outside of domains should be discussed on this forum?

just asking...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It just annoys me a lot Don when I see far more spirited discussions in non-domain threads (a common happening) than I see in threads with domain knowledge or about making money on the web.

As always, you make good points Don. BTW, I am burned-out and big time and don't care that much anymore and in fact may be gone by the time I knock on the door of post 6,000.

Last edited:

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BTW, I am burned-out and big time and don't care that much anymore and in fact may be gone by the time I knock on the door of post 6,000.

David, consider that perhaps you are not alone. And maybe that's why we post in a totally irrelevant thread from time to time. Many of us are tired of the fight, regardless of whether it is domaining, building servers, doing accounting, writing code, or pumpng gas. Take a break, get some rest, and reconsider why you do this and whether it is worth the effort you put into it. I did just that last weekend with a little jaunt to Maine. It can change your perspective. It did mine.

Cheers!
Scott

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is great advice. Thanks for the feedback Scott.

David, consider that perhaps you are not alone. And maybe that's why we post in a totally irrelevant thread from time to time. Many of us are tired of the fight, regardless of whether it is domaining, building servers, doing accounting, writing code, or pumpng gas. Take a break, get some rest, and reconsider why you do this and whether it is worth the effort you put into it. I did just that last weekend with a little jaunt to Maine. It can change your perspective. It did mine.

Cheers!
Scott

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe that's why we post in a totally irrelevant thread from time to time. Many of us are tired of the fight, regardless of whether it is domaining, building servers, doing accounting, writing code, or pumpng gas.

Take a break, get some rest, and reconsider why you do this and whether it is worth the effort you put into it.

It can change your perspective.

Cheers!
Scott

we are on same page ^

sometimes, convo outside of the realm, can provide different perspective, while relieving some of the stress of the immediate

when/if you can get members to open-up and feel comfortable about expressing... whatever, then perhaps in the future they'll be more engaging in a domain related topic.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom