Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Which Registrar do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidGalkin

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a few registered at 1and1 and Moniker. My impressions of 1and1 get worse and worse every single day, their page load times are horrible, always getting weird errors, no bulk management tools of any kind it seems, etc.

Moniker on the other hand has a nice clean interface, seems domain registration with them is faster, and they have great bulk management tools.

I have not tried GoDaddy yet. Anyone want to offer an opinion or two?

Thanks in advance!

Domain Summit 2024

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy and Dynadot are the two I most use.

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've used both GoDaddy and Moniker. I would recommend both, but Moniker seems much better.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The thing I love about GoDaddy is their domain expiration email notifications. That is one of the most important features of a registrar next to domain management and GoDaddy gets it. I've lost too many domains with other registrars (including domainsite) because of their low-key renewal notifications.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should never rely on the renewal reminders anyway. That's a good way to lose domains sooner or later.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You should never rely on the renewal reminders anyway. That's a good way to lose domains sooner or later.

They are a huge help if you renew on a per-case basis. If registrars did a better job in this respect you could rely on them. In 12 years with GD I've only lost one domain (my fault) and was able to recover it through negotiation with the new registrant. That's a pretty good record.

bluearctic

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been using OnlineNIC since 2001 with no problems. Very basic interface that has not changed much over the years. I moved half of my domains (my portfolio domains) from OnlineNIC to Moniker a few years ago (looking for a modern interface). Still have a few of my own domains and all of my clients domains at OnlineNIC.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dynadot, Internet.bs, name.com, dyndns and fabulous when I need to. All are good companies to deal with.

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In this order....

1) Dynadot.com

2) Godaddy.com

3) Name.com

1and1 is probably the worst of all registrars and Moniker has been sinking fast.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few registered at 1and1 and Moniker. My impressions of 1and1 get worse and worse every single day, their page load times are horrible, always getting weird errors, no bulk management tools of any kind it seems, etc.

Moniker on the other hand has a nice clean interface, seems domain registration with them is faster, and they have great bulk management tools.

I have not tried GoDaddy yet. Anyone want to offer an opinion or two?

Thanks in advance!

Hey DavidGalkin - Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about Moniker

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use Go Daddy as my main registrar and have no issues.

-=DCG=-

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been using OnlineNIC since 2001 with no problems.
OnlineNIC still around after they got slapped with that lawsuit ? I thought they had more or less gone awol.

bluearctic

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OnlineNIC still around after they got slapped with that lawsuit ? I thought they had more or less gone awol.

Still around and running strong as far as I can tell. I register a name with them every week or so.

DavidGalkin

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1and1 is probably the worst of all registrars and Moniker has been sinking fast.

Haha I think I totally agree with this... I am really considering transferring everything out of 1and1, but they don't have a way to get all my unlock codes. I think I'd have to do each domain one at a time!

Why is Moniker sinking? Like I said before, I do like it quite a bit. I also have acquired a few on GoDaddy recently, and it isn't too bad, but I honestly like the interface of Moniker way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom