• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Â£.com (and poundsymbol-dotcom)

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian1234

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2006
Messages
689
Reaction score
24
Hi guys,

Its been over a year since I last asked your opinions on this one, and I would be grateful to hear some new comments :-)

The "pound domain" identity will be auctioned by Ocean Tomo in their June 26th auction in Amsterdam. It would be interesting to know what you think it will go for...

Here is a link to an old appraisal thread for this identity:

http://www.dnforum.com/f301/com-poundsymbol-dotcom-thread-214754.html

Regards,
 
Where is the pound symbol on the keyboard?

Very difficult to find.
 
Where is the pound symbol on the keyboard?

Very difficult to find.

Hi Loho27, thanks for replying.

The £ symbol is on 18 country keyboards. So if you are in a country that doesn't have the symbol on your keyboard (e.g. North America) then you won't be able to type it in.

Someone said to me recently, why is the symbol only on 18 country keyboards.. Well, I think that most countries in Europe is a good enough targeting opportunity (!) and that is really what IDN is about anyway - domain names that are 'region' specific and not for everyone.

I hope that helps to explain...

Limkos: I am feeling a good vibe from you, even if I don't understand what you are saying. Lol.

:-)
 
It would have to be worth $xx,xxx
 
I have it on my portuguese keyboard, but either way I guess your target must be the United Kingdom only... that's because we have our own symbol € ;)

Good luck with the sale, high $X.XXX is my guess at the moment.
 
I guess your target must be the United Kingdom only... that's because we have our own symbol € ;)

Yes Vorty, you are quite right, the UK has to be the main target. Fortunately, £.com is a metaphor for the multi-billion pound UK Financial Services Industry online.

Furthermore, if the UK government starts to seriously think about adopting the euro then I anticipate this would trigger an historic and unprecented amount of public debate - online. £.com, as the British Pound's Home On The Net is ideally placed to host such (europe-wide?) debate :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom