Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

1/25 Registry Downtime: Everything except .info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PIR (.org), everything down from 6am PST Saturday (9am EST) until 3pm PST Sunday (6pm EST). Modifications/Renewals will then be down for a further 48 hrs.

Verisign (.com/.net), everything down from 6am PST Saturday (9am EST) until 1pm PST Saturday (4pm EST).

Neustar (.biz/.us), everything down from 4am PST Saturday (7am EST) until 12pm PST Saturday (3pm EST).

If you were planning on registering domains I say forget it and go fishing instead ;)

Mark......

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Huh... Can you give a link to back this up?

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, its mostly in the registries password protected notices for registrars.

PIR info can be found at: http://www.pir.org/

Copy of the Verisign notice is below. I don't have a copy of the Neustar notice in front of me.

So no registrations, transfers, deletions, renewals, or modifications. (This doesn't affect the TLD zone servers so names will continue to resolve).

01/07/2003
1/25: Scheduled Production Maintenance 1400 hrs - 2100 hrs UTC

To All Registrars:

January 2003 Maintenance Schedule:
Date: Saturday, January 25, 2003
Time: 1400 hrs - 2100 hrs UTC (0900 hrs - 1600 hrs EST)
Systems Affected: Production Environment
Purpose: New SRS Scheduled Release

During this Release the following changes will be implemented:

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On www.PIR.org it doesn't mention anything affecting .com or .net registries, it seems to only say that the .org registry will be affected...

"PIR will have VeriSign close the .ORG registry on Saturday, January 25th at 14:00 UTC (9:00 a.m. Eastern time in the USA). The registry database and other functions will then be transferred to Afilias's systems. PIR will reopen the registry for new registrations at 23:00 UTC on Sunday, January 26 (6:00 p.m. Eastern time in the USA). During this technical transition, no new .ORG registrations (or updates to existing .ORG domains) will be possible."

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Greggish: What is your problem here????, I am trying to post information to help people.

Here's some Domain Registry 101 for you:

PIR is taking over .org tomorrow, they are only responsible for .org, they are not the registry for .com/net.

Verisign is the registry for .com and .net, they lose .org tomorrow and had to have downtime for that, they are combining it with an upgrade of the registry-registrar protocol so .com and .net will be down (see the notice I posted).

Neustar is the registry for .us and .biz, they are also having downtime to make changes to their systems.

Afilias is the registry for .info, theyare not having downtime.

If you son't believe me feel free to try registering domains during the time specified!

Mark......

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Take it easy. I didn't think I was putting you over the perverbial rack... I was just asking questions and trying to find something printed somewhere that would back this up. I just haven't seen any mention of this before and I'm trying to get to the facts. Don't be so sensitive.

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, maybe its just that Friday feeling :) but it seemed like you were out to prove me wrong or correct me when all I was trying to do was post useful information.

Hey, its not my fault the other registrars haven't posted these notices on their web sites :D

Mark......

llew

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's listed on Enom , looks like even .info is under maintenance from 17:00PM-21:00PM PST on Jan. 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators