Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld $10,000 Budget for .CA Investment

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainatrix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good luck in your search though..

Thanks TI...

Yes, adding domains to a traditional investment portfolio is just about as "diverse" as you can get. If someone has $100K to invest, and they decide 10% will go into buying domains, it is quite a good percentage. We're not talking about a domainer.

As for quality, you would also be amazed how little you can buy with $10K here. Whether you want 50 domains or 3 domains, the point is that you expect them to rise in value. For many selling their domains for $200 (and we have purchased 5 now), they are already realizing a 100% or 1000% gain, as they may have landed these in the TBR for $35. Holding on for 5 years takes patience... Of the 50 domains we purchase, some will be developed and sold over time to targeted end-users. Many here just buy, park and hold waiting for an offer. Our strategy, which I can't specifically divulge, has worked very well. I will give an example later, if I can get a previous client to waive their ND.

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sent a list with prices 2 weeks ago and never received a response... next customer please.

domainatrix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Quick Update:

We continue to receive domain lists on a daily basis, and are in no rush to invest the money. All domains are forwarded for review and consideration, and to date we have purchased 7 domains, all for under $300.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to personally reply to all those who submitted domain lists, because those lists don't come directly to me, but we appreciate them, and please keep them coming. There have been many submission with asking prices of $1000+, and many others with no asking price at all. We are not making offers in either of these cases.

With regard to quality, there are some decent domains in the lists that were sent, but there are also some domains that are not worth reg fee. Just as an example (without naming names) two weeks ago we got a short list of domains each priced at $200, and then this week we noticed two of them expired and are on the TBR list; seems a curious way to value your domains?

Again, we are in no rush - past experience has taught us that patience is definitely a virtue when buying domains...

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It might be wise to post a sampling of the names you bought so people know what to send you. Quality is relative.

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It might be wise to post a sampling of the names you bought so people know what to send you. Quality is relative.

Agreed. I too would like to see samples of what you purchased.

domainatrix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could someone explain this to me, as I am not 100% clear on the practise of requesting privacy? We have bought dozens of domains from members here over the past 3 years, and on all but 1 ocassion that I recall, the seller has asked for privacy re: the transaction. On the rare ocassion when we have sold a domain, the buyer has asked for privacy and the removal of the domain name from the thread. We have never asked for privacy when either buying or selling, so could someone enlighten me??? I ask in particular because some members want to know what domains we have bought - I'd be happy to share with you - if I could...

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Could someone explain this to me, as I am not 100% clear on the practise of requesting privacy? We have bought dozens of domains from members here over the past 3 years, and on all but 1 ocassion that I recall, the seller has asked for privacy re: the transaction. On the rare ocassion when we have sold a domain, the buyer has asked for privacy and the removal of the domain name from the thread. We have never asked for privacy when either buying or selling, so could someone enlighten me??? I ask in particular because some members want to know what domains we have bought - I'd be happy to share with you - if I could...

I am not really sure what you are talking about... if you bought domains it is not up to the seller to decide if the transaction is private or not. You are now the owner of the domains, as such you can report to anyone you'd like that you own the domains. Just don't tell us the seller (we don't care)

Sounds to me you just don't want to tell us what domains you picked up for $200. If you picked up any.. IMO

domainatrix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.... If you picked up any.. IMO

TI - you may be right about this!

BTW - can you link to some threads on DNF where you have publicly posted the price and/or name of any .CA domains that you have bought or sold? I'm just curious, if a seller asks for privacy, and you didn't honour that request, what would happen to your reputation?

Finally - of the 11 domains we have bought for our client, 4 have been TBR, so no one can ask for privacy there (avg cost $245 for eCanada.ca / Domenic.ca / 203.ca / TorontoCourier.ca)

Last edited:

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It isn't up to the seller to decide whether he wants privacy or not. If you are the new owner you can do what you want regarding to disclosing the price of the domain. We're not asking to know who the seller is.

Anyways, back to business. Hopefully more will submit domains now that you posted examples.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI...I have been contacted regarding some of my domains. They have put in an offer on one of them so Domaintrix and Maser Media are buying however slowly. Not tire kickers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom