Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed 13 Million Pageviews Per Month (Alexa 3,000) Rapidly Growin Image Hosting & Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolaalx

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok everyone, after alot of thinking, today is the day I decided to sell one of my most valuable assets. I have the feeling that I will hate myself for doing this...but anyways this baby has to go.

Pictiger.com is a totally custom coded advanced image hosting community. Every single bit of code was hand written by one of the best coders in the world. The script is optimized to function at very high volume of traffic and is optimized for speed. In fact the software and the servers are combined in the most efficient way to ensure maximum speed for image search and uploading. We have 1 main server which holds the databases and has our own technology for caching which boost the speed when searching.

By saying an image hosting website you will most probably get the wrong impression. Pictiger is a community with an advanced super fast image search function and 26,000 registered users, which are posting comments on a daily basis.

Adult content is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and uploaded content is being reviewed.

There are approximately 6 million high quality pics with 12,000 added each day. There is a very optimized section where you can add reveiwers to review the pics. It is created again, to function as fast as possible and you can easily review 12k pictures for 1hour per day total time.

User registration was enabled quite recently. If it was created like this from the very beginning of its existence, they would have been much much more. Each day around 150-200 new users signup for our service.

Six months ago we started working on the totally new version which you are seeing now. It was installed 3 months ago. We added alot of features like the search option with tagging etc. and traffic was gradually been exploding ever since.

The website has very strong Search Engine Rankings aswell. For example we rank

In top SERPS (varying on google datacentres)

upload pics
pic upload
photo hosting
image hosting

Traffic is of very high quality. It used to be primarily from USA, UK and CA. Couple of months ago, huge amount of people started using the services for posting on Orkut and thus, the site now receives alot of Brazilian traffic aswell. Orkut traffic is considered to be of high quality.

The whole site runs on 6 servers:

1 Master server which costs $350 and 5 slave servers. The total cost for hosting is $1,200. The capacity of the current hardware is three times the volume of traffic and load which the site currently receives. This means that you can expand your business for good without worrying for additional server costs in the near future.

Basically this business has everything, growth, stability, seo, quality software, competitive features offered at high speed. If you invest in the successful marketing you can easily reach up to the largest ones in the business. The script is designed to stand multi million traffic.

The reason why all of you must be asking is, why I am selling this fine business. As candid as I can be, I just can't keep up with all the work required for the other projects which we are working on. This would be our hosting company www.pandela.com which is again 100% custom coded, and two other projects major projects.

Because of this pictiger.com has been the last on my list, due to the fact that it requires the least attention. Neveretheless not doing anything about a project is the same as neglecting it. I have not even had the time to play around with placing sponsors and testing cpm. Basically I can say that I have placed google ads as of today and practically you can consider this site to be unmonetized. The day before I placed cpx interactive which I learned that is a dreadful sponsor. But I never really planned on monetizing until the site is huge and stable. A $1,200 per month is something which I can afford and its better when a site is developing to have less ads in order not to deviate traffic and attention from the site itself.

Anyways the priority for me up to this moment was to successfully create one of the leading image hosting companies....and I think that so I did. I had serious plans for this..now I am just unable to plan any of my future with this project...probably simply because the passion is gone. The hosting business is what I connect my future with. I prefer to sell this to someone who will be able to make it really one of the largest.

Please note that this project is only for serious people and I encourage only serious people which have the capacity to bid, to contact me, as I am pretty much overwhelmed from work related with my other projects.

If you want proof of traffic, pm me and I will add you to my google analytics account, so you will be able to see what is happening in real time.

Checkthe SPoint link below for screenshots of the database showing the 26k registered members.

There are alot of options for monetization here. You can put anything from pop-unders...interstitial ads, banners, paid links or even affiliate marketing.

The newsletter to 26k users itself can bring you more than what the costs are.

If you only have the willingness and time to do this.

you can access google analytics here

www.google.com/analytics
u: pictigerstats@gmail.com
p: pictiger123

For bidding please Post your bids here

or go to http://tinyurl.com/2vbcnk to see if there are any other bids on my other auction

Good luck
Nik

Domain summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators