Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed 135 LLLL.com portfolio, Worth the $850 Investment, Yey, or Ney?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
filter,
I really appreciate your useful, and insightful comments. I myself never understood bullish/bearish outlooks, and IMO a general bullish outlook for most domainers at least seems very probable.

With regards to my portfolio, I sense there has been a slight misunderstanding in that this is specifically my portfolio of LLLL.com I have registered. I have many others, all premium, pronouncable etc but obviously I paid significantly more for them.

What I would say is that my general impression from DNF members is that they think I have not invested my money particularly well, some seem to thing I have invested it badly.
Regardless (not to say I dont appreciate the opinions), I will still be buying more LLLL.com. In my domaining experience everytime I have decided against buying I have regretted it down the line. The comments may make me slow down, which in the long run may be a positive or negative thing, but personally I believe it LLLL.com, even the rubbish ones, and hopefully in a year those who said it was a poor investment may retract their comments.

More opinions/comment are still appreciated

Domain Summit 2024

filter

Domain Wanker
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This whole concept and idea that they will be "all gone" and then people will pay more is so ass backwards...this only really applies to the LLL market, and for good reason..there are only 17,576 LLL's in any ext. for the LLLL's there are a whopping 456,976 possible...because of this there will constantly be names dropping and there are more than enough to satisfy any possible demand for names like xzqk.com, lol ...people spending money on very bad LLLL's are simply wasting their money on a pipe dream. Trust me I have been in this biz a looong time.

ok, sorry if this might be one bump too many for this thread - but with regard to "any possible demand for names like xzqk.com, lol" - sure enough, http://www.xzqk.com is actually a nice looking site - Chinese language - maybe just parked but definitely regged ...

Still I get the point that 456,976 LLLL.coms = about $3-4 million reg fee annually = a lot more balls to keep in the air without any dropping.

Here is average # LLLL.com dropped each day for the last 6 months:

36 April
48 May
42 June
20 July
27 August
21 September

(and so far for October, just 14 per day.)

sure, things could change going forward for any number of reasons - but recent trend seems to point to "0" drops "real soon now" - still maybe will hit a steady state above that due to tasting churn.

well - just for the record should make it clear I really have little if any idea what I'm talking about ...! It'd be a damn shame if someone took out a second mortgage to buy out the last 8500 (at least before I get a chance to sift through the "dregs" a few more times!)

And probably some much better profit opportunities out there - makes sense to consider other options carefully, that's for sure - have to appreciate the good advice along those lines from several posters on this thread.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
those are nice stats, thanks for posting, I think with more people getting into the market they figure LLLL.coms might be agood investment, I think thats how many newcomers approach it, I think think L-L-L.coms are the better investment. I have about 200 all premium letters L-L-L.coms and have already gotten offers, no huge offers, but there is interest and also some converting traffic, a good number of them are making more annually than the regfee..I think whoever thinks about getting into the market with 4000 new domains should buy those..there are maybe 1 or 2 L-L-L.coms dropping each day and they are all bought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom