Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

legal 14G.com - has a simple website on it too

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats why you should always pay using your credit card - I lost money several years back and never again did I use my paypal account. Ask them to invoice you from paypal and use a credit card not attached to a paypal account. If it turns out to be a scam, you report it as a scam and cc will refund the amount.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats why you should always pay using your credit card - I lost money several years back and never again did I use my paypal account. Ask them to invoice you from paypal and use a credit card not attached to a paypal account. If it turns out to be a scam, you report it as a scam and cc will refund the amount.

Good method. I'll see if my CC company can "split" my balance into two-five cards (hopefully without doing a hard hit) and explain why. I already have my big CC attached to PayPal, which scares the living S*** out of me everyday.

-David

Everydayy.com

Level 1
Reaction score
I know it's not very "morally" right, but anytime I have an issue with a domain not being pushed or a website with fraudulent revenue, I open a case with Paypal as an unauthorized transaction. They have a firm stance on their "intangible goods" policy, but I have always been able to get my money back when claiming it was unauthorized...which is essentially the same thing as a credit card reversal.

use at your own risk of course :)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wasn't gonna risk it over $180 (I think that was what I paid).

With the time and effort I put in a complaint that would have been well drafted (and probably won), I could use that energy and focus to make $181.

Additionally, I could have just called my bank and had a stop payment if they refused a refund. Then I'd have to use Moneybookers or something... over $180? o_O

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Way to rub my nose in it again by bumping :lol:

No, I did not reverse it after PayPal denied my claim. I typically would (I've successfully reversed $2000+ on a stolen credit card in a matter of days), but with a long standing relationship on PayPal (10+ years), they should have... but didn't. I figured if I requested it reversed on my credit card, I may be banned or something bad happen to me on PayPal. So I let it fly at the unknown expense this could have caused in the future by reversing the payment. :disappointed:
Paypal won't do shit. I ran in to this problem. Fortunately, my credit card company helped me. I told them I did not authorize this transaction. It was solved in matter of days. Nothing affected on my paypal. Paypal denied the claim, but when I disputed through credit card, it was resolved however quickly.

Just dispute through credit card company that it was scam. You would be lucky if you paid through credit card, dispute and get money back. The only paypal account that is at risk is SELLER, Because he will eventually will be negative and paypal will be after him.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also, nothing will happen to your paypal account, I am member of them well over 10 years, they did not help me , only Credit card company helped me, so you would be fine. Just dispute the amount. If you dont like the 180, then just dispute through credit card company and get money back and just send it to me, if you dont like the money which belongs to you. lol

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think this was a year and a half ago and I bought the domain without hesitation while drinking. I'm way past this issue as I did call Adam; presumably heavily intoxicated(?), and got him banned. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators