Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

25¢.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Named

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
25¢.com
xn--25-8ca.com

BIN $2000.

Domain summit 2024

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What language would type this in, to get to the site of your punycode?

Named

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no language. Although having an American or European keyboard would probably help.

You would type in the Hindu-Arabic Numeral ONE (1) followed by the Hindu-Arabic Numeral FIVE (5) followed by the CENT SIGN.

On Windows you would type: 25 Alt 155 .com
On OS X you would type: 25 [option]-$ .com

For details on Hindu-Arabic numerals see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu-Arabic_numerals_(system)

Usage:
"Cent amounts between 1 cent and 99 cents are usually indicated by the one or two digits followed by a cent sign, usually the lower-case letter c pierced top to bottom by a forward slash or a vertical line: ¢ (2¢, 99¢), or by a lower-case letter c on its own (2c, 99c). In the United States and Canada, the first usage is more common, while in Australia, New Zealand and the Eurozone, the second usage is more common. In South Africa only the latter is ever used."

00000006.jpg

This is an illustration of a legal tender TWENTY FIVE (25) UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CENTS (¢).

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Named said:
You would type in the Hindu-Arabic Numeral ONE (1) followed by the Hindu-Arabic Numeral FIVE (5) followed by the CENT SIGN..

I am not finding a (cent) sign on my keyboard?

Named

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you finding the ALT key on your keyboard?

1. Hold down the ALT key.
2. Type in the numbers "155" on the numeric keypad, holding the ALT key down while you enter the numbers.
3. Release the ALT key and ¢ will appear.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Named said:
Are you finding the ALT key on your keyboard?

1. Hold down the ALT key.
2. Type in the numbers "155" on the numeric keypad, holding the ALT key down while you enter the numbers.
3. Release the ALT key and ¢ will appear.

Yes, but if Bill didn't know that and I didn't know that, just how many of the general population would know that? Your domain is effectively therefore:

25(Hold ALT+155).com

Not high on my wish list I am afraid.

Named

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize that Windows users don't know how to do this. On the Mac it is a simple thing. :)

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how this qualifies as an IDN? I am not knocking your domain, but trying to learn. It certainly is a catchy domain, 50 (cents) would be maybe even more huge since he's a famous recording artist.

I guess I would have to say that comment by rubber duck sums it up. Not easy for anyone to find your domain if they see it advertised and want to go there. I was personally surprised that the (cent) sign wasn't right there on the keyboard! It should replace the ^ which I have no ideas what is used for! Good luck with your domain, thanks for answering. Regards, Bill

Named

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This qualifies as an IDN because it is a non-ascii domain that needs to be converted to Unicode (punycode) to work.
50¢ was taken by someone else, sorry.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are f**king hilarious man..here is your post in my sale page of oh.com!! What are you talking about? If mine is worthless..so is yours!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
POSTED BY NAMED IN A POST ABOUT oh.com, THOUGH HE IS SELLING AN IDN JUST LIKE IT! GROW UP!

"These domains have no value and should be banned from here.

They are not IDNs, but phishing domains."

Named

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a numbers + currency symbol IDN that unlike yours, Godfrey, actually means something in more than one language, while your phishing Cyrillic о + Latin h, оh.com is just that, a phishing domain. Get a clue.

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is NO way to misrepresent 25¢ as anything else, unless there are secret Cyrillic numbers that I don't know about.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bwhhisc said:
I was personally surprised that the (cent) sign wasn't right there on the keyboard! It should replace the ^ which I have no ideas what is used for! Good luck with your domain, thanks for answering. Regards, Bill

That is only because you don't used it! In computing Squared is ^2 and Cubed is ^3.

vtrader said:
There is NO way to misrepresent 25¢ as anything else, unless there are secret Cyrillic numbers that I don't know about.

Quite correct. It legitimate enough, it not whether it can be misrepresented that it is the issue, but whethere it can be represented at all. You cannot expect type in on domains that most people would know how to type!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators