Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed 2pac-Shakur.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Uh, if you dont know who this guy is and live in the United States, I think you should take a breather from the comp. And go outside. haha

Anyway, worth anything? :confused:

Domain summit 2024

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
:-(

There might be fans?
Man theres like 10k different sites dedicated to him. Throughtout Geocities, Dot coms, tripod, everywhere. Hes still releasing albums, and a brand new one in June 2002....
Not to mention hes in Guniness book of records as the worlds my sucessful rap artist ever (40 million records sold in US alone).

Thanks for the appraisals. But I will definitely have to agree to disagree. Regards

J

jimb

Originally posted by MC Juice
:-(

There might be fans?
Man theres like 10k different sites dedicated to him. Throughtout Geocities, Dot coms, tripod, everywhere. Hes still releasing albums, and a brand new one in June 2002....
Not to mention hes in Guniness book of records as the worlds my sucessful rap artist ever (40 million records sold in US alone).

There are a whole lot of fans left, I like his music, or should I say liked. This domain might be worth something, but not over $100.

Popular guy, but not so great domain. Also, many people spell his name TUPAC.

Jim

Even though I don't like the domain name much, it did encourage me to look at the conspiracy theories on tupac.com - very interesting reading!

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Even though I don't like the domain name much, it did encourage me to look at the conspiracy theories on tupac.com - very interesting reading!
haha

Agreed! It is very interesting.
He's the Elvis of HipHop! Everyone still thinks he's alive.

I must admit, I thought he was still alive before I read that stuff, after reading it - its seems like deathrow have pulled off one of the best bits of marketing hype ever.

The real kicker for me is the non cashing in of the life insurance policy.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LL is still going strong. He released an album (G.O.A.T) 2 years ago. And is coming out with a new album in a few more months.

And Rap died when 2pac died. Then gained momentum again in 97', when suburban kids started sucking the culture up.
ESPECIALLY when Eminem came out.
When that happend, straight die hard rockers started jumping on the hiphop bandwagon.

And yea safe, its been 6 years!!!!
And his family still hasnt cashed a 100+ million dollar check.
Only reasoning I see for that is, if he faked his death, there wouldnt be any legal action taken. Which leaves you to think, maybe this mofo is still alive.

Just as matter on interest, what do people think of the potential for a trademark dispute over names like this?

Funnily enough there are 2 registered trademarks over the name, both of which are "dead" :)

However I still think this kind of name could easily be lost at wipo, any other views?

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
However I still think this kind of name could easily be lost at wipo, any other views?
Dont know what Wipo means. But Yes, it definately could.
It's a known fact that Tupac's mother, Afeni Shakur, Is a bitch about this stuff. She has ceased several domains (around 30 or so) on behalf of the 2pac estate.
And even tried to get "tupac.com" but after going to court, she lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators