Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed 4 sites, $1200 - $1700 per month in profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHH

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
################
SOLD 7/03/2004
################

I have 4 sites that I am looking to sell. Income is generated from Google Adsense. I used to sell products on these sites, but moved away from carrying stock last year and now just review and write articles about the former products.

Here are the last few months income:

June - $1400 +
May - $1300 +
April - $1600 +
March - $1700 +

I would imagine that in the holiday months the income would go up dramatically. Last December I did over $1200, but only had 2 sites running Ads (the other sites were still selling products). Even still, I think they are doing OK for it being the summer and all.

Because of the Adsense TOS, I am not allowed to go into details of the sites performance on an open forum.

I am looking to sell these sites as I want to fund a new project. I am not linking to these sites from a personal network, but will provide you with the sites that do link to mine. Sites are mostly PR4, PR5 and flirt with PR6. I would never buy a site based upon PR - nor sell one, but the PR should be noted as the sites are not new and have been ranked for up to 2 years.

Just think, 4 sites that can link to where you want, are stable and generate a nice monthly check...

Taking bids and questions via PM. For questions that I can respond to openly, I will post the answer here also. I will not name the URL's until I have a serious buyer as I don't want any additional competition - and I am sure whoever purchases these sites does not either.

The sites, if placed in a general topic category, would be in the health care section (not pills or extensions :shy: )

Thanks,

HHH

theadgency

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
please send us complete details via PM.

Nodnarb

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PM details please...???

HHH

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This post will answer most of the PM's I have received.

Traffic Stats: The traffic is not too heavy,maybe 500 uniques per day - tops. Over 90% of the traffic comes from the major search engines with Google and Yahoo leading the pack. MSN delivers a lot of traffic also. The rest is spread across the various small directories and search engines.

There is no PPC involved. The traffic is all from directories and search engines. These are stable sites and are unique in their categories. Type in traffic is very low... although some people do return for more information.

Proof of Income: This will have to wait until close time. Adsense has a very strict Term Of Service. Revealing the details of your Adsense income will get you kicked out of the program - any outstanding checks will not be paid. Simply put, I am not trying to waste my time or anyone elses time. If the income is not as I am saying - then you can easily back out of escrow.

URLs: Will be revealed to the people who are seriously interested. As a rule, I don't invite competition.

How much work is it?: I spend less than 5 hours a month on the sites.

Any specific knowledge required about the subjects? No, not really. If you read through the sites you will usually have enough information to run with. Site visitors occasionally will send product reviews which I post. I can also give the person who purchases the sites tips as to where I find content for free.

Also - the sites are hosted on Windows servers. Many of the pages are .ASP pages. I don't believe there is ASP code being used any longer, but I did not change the extensions as there has never been a need.

Odin

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Likewise I would appreciate some details. Thanks.

Nodnarb

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With such vague information, and no listed price, it's really difficult to figure out what we're talking about here. Adsense revenue can run really strong for months, and turn into next to nothing for a month. I just went through a June like that with a healthcare site. My guess is that with Adsense as the primary source of revenue, you're probably looking at a month or two worth of revenue for selling your sites. More if the healthcare category is really strong, and less if its a low traffic niche.

You can probably sell a car by listing it as really fast and pretty color. But it would probably make more sense to list it as a 2004 Corvette. Same thing here. You're in the right forum to sell your sites if you're really serious about selling them. But serious buyers won't play these guessing games. Food for thought...

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have not yet received the PM with additional info. Please PM me the info.

dogstar

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Taking bids and questions via PM. For questions that I can respond to openly, I will post the answer here also. I will not name the URL's until I have a serious buyer as I don't want any additional competition - and I am sure whoever purchases these sites does not either."

I have not received any response to pms either. We are serious buyers, as serious as you are going to get. But the issue is whether you are a serious seller. At the very minimum you need 1) to be responsive to questions, 2) to provide the urls in question and 3) preferable have a price in mind. Otherwise you are just wasting everyone's time here.

HHH

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sold.

Sorry to some people who did not get a PM. I did not want the URL's to get out for many reasons - and the new owner is very happy that I kept the sites under the radar.

They were niche healthcare, very stable in the SERPs for close to 2 years and sold for ~ 2 years income (for those curious folks). Part of the interest in the sites was also for the SEO value - not just the income alone.

I have several more in the pipeline (not healthcare) and may put them up for sale at some point in time.

Again, I apologize for any frustration and thank everyone who was interested.

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators