Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

$5 Million Asset - LassanaDiarra.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlBarrett

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Chelsea FC (now the world's RICHEST soccer club) have just signed French youngster Lassana Diarra - a midfield player. The 20 year old cost the club 4.5 million Euros and is expected to become one of the most complete midfield players in the world. This sort of many for a youngster is VERY RARE and shows the potential and promise the player had demonstrated at his former club, Le Havre in France. I expect Diarra to be making many appearances in the future for what will undoubtedly become the world's most famous soccer club (with Roman Abramovich's money). Player has also been heavily featured in the newspapers in the UK (for example, today's Sun). His name is becoming swiftly recognised.

Article: http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/news/Kind=1/newsId=317342.html

Sure to have natural type in traffic and be a popular domain for the next two decades - particularly as the player flourishes! I expect this domain name will be a GOLDMINE in 5 years time when the player is in his prime - probably worth tens of millions (UK sterling).

LassanaDiarra.com

Asking price: just $40 - a steal given how much this will make in revenue over the years to come. Post SOLD to claim.

EarlBarrett

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SOLD. This chap just got himself a great deal long term. Gotta be quick on these domains I offer folks!

gph

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Define richest club. By market capitalization it's still Man Utd by far.

DMaN

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Darn, too bad I missed that one. ;)

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The same reason why 1000s of other domain buyers do (I personally don't). They are hoping to make plenty of money before the domain gets yanked away.

DaddyHalbucks said:
Now that the sale is over, maybe I can ask: why would anyone buy a name like this that has such huge potential trademark liabilities?

MerlinK

Premium Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is really no harm in owning a typo domain name.

You can't name too many cases where the person with the typo domain underwent financial penalty, can you?

-Merlin

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MerlinK said:
There is really no harm in owning a typo domain name.

You can't name too many cases where the person with the typo domain underwent financial penalty, can you?

-Merlin
Only DaddyHalBucks :dead:

assasin3k

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What TM issues with names? I think there are thousands of persons called that way? Do this mean that when some of them become famouse the others become illegal and their ID card has TM issues?

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats DThompson, now you can but all those vacation homes ;)

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
assasin3k said:
What TM issues with names? I think there are thousands of persons called that way? Do this mean that when some of them become famouse the others become illegal and their ID card has TM issues?

Yes, but the person who bought the domain isn't called that name. It is not the buyer's baptized name.

It is a highly unusual, distinctive, and famous name --a good foundation for a trademark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators