Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

963.mobi???

Status
Not open for further replies.

duceman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i don't have any nnn.mobi's myself. any sales on pool, dnforum, ebay etc past few days?
just interested, cheers, Pred
:crutch:

It looks like NNN will be the prime real estate for .mobi. From what I've been reading people are speculating that NNN will be easier to remember than LLL because you'll be using a mobile device. IMO most people will eventually have pda/smart phones with keyboards so the NNN won't really matter in the long term.

Domain Summit 2024

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It looks like NNN will be the prime real estate for .mobi. From what I've been reading people are speculating that NNN will be easier to remember than LLL because you'll be using a mobile device. IMO most people will eventually have pda/smart phones with keyboards so the NNN won't really matter in the long term.

I agree

levanle

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
9888, what about 6886.mobi?
Are they good in Chinese culture?

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems there are not many good NNN.mobi numbers left...
virtually all number pairs (1122) and triple/single numbers (1112; 1222) have been snapped up in the last 24 hours!

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems there are not many good NNN.mobi numbers left...
virtually all number pairs (1122) and triple/single numbers (1112; 1222) have been snapped up in the last 24 hours!

hehe.. i wonder who did that..

do a whois on all the triple and double repeating numbers.. like 1113 1114, 1115, 1116, 2220, 2221, 2222, 2223, 3330, 3331, 3332 etc..

and like counting numbers like 1516, 1617, 1718, 1819, all the way up to 100..

hell even looks like they got to stuff like 5001, 5002, 5003, 5004, 6001,6002, 6003, 6004..etc etc etc

yes yes i wonder who took most of em.. maybe we'll never know

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi chaps,
generics & nice brandable, memorable words have always been my interest in domains.
I like .mobi, have about 36, haven't gone too bad, but a reasonable investment. I think they will surprise the doubters in quite a few departments.
I have never been a big fan of numeric normal domains. There are the odd good ones & some relevant ones of course but it seems the obsession is with domainers more than the endusers. (i know there are some big sales but not in relation to words.)
HOWEVER....I do believe it is more relevant to .mobi. People will still have the sameish surfing habits & if the mobile internet is brought on quicker & is free/cheap & screens larger + better keypads, it will revolutionize things.
I said more numbers will be valuable than before. I didn't reg any numbers personally as would have gone for a couple of NNN but old habits die hard & didn't really think of them.
Just to give you a laugh or maybe raise an eyebrow, i don't know. I regged 1 last one just now. It is a number & thought of it in the first day or two of rehistrations. Was surprised it was still there as it's opposite number went on the 26th sept.
can you guess? it's only 9 presses on the keyboard? memorable?
you'll prob say it's crap, but don't matter as real happy with others.

987654321.mobi

cheers, Pred :banplease:

akaning3

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, 444 is unlucky in Japan. 4 is pronounced "shi" which means death. In japan, we are NEVER served anything consiting with 4. you either get 3 plates or 5 plates. pretty neat!
I own www.321.mobi. so happy to have that one. 888.mobi sounds like a good one too. also have www.dat.mobi, www.inc.mobi, and www.etc.mobi. I got some other ones as well. half are in japanese and mean, "go", "where", and "now".

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, 444 is unlucky in Japan. 4 is pronounced "shi" which means death. In japan, we are NEVER served anything consiting with 4. you either get 3 plates or 5 plates. pretty neat!
I own www.321.mobi. so happy to have that one. 888.mobi sounds like a good one too. also have www.dat.mobi, www.inc.mobi, and www.etc.mobi. I got some other ones as well. half are in japanese and mean, "go", "where", and "now".

Those are beauties, I like 321.mobi...
other than my 888.mobi which I am particularly pleased to own!

:juggle:

akaning3

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
888.mobi is really nice. Asia would like that! I dont know about downunder, but i think you could do really well.
BTW, you may know already, but im gonna state it anyways...
www.website.in has lowered their .mobi sales to $8.99/year.
Are you gonna make any sites with your .mobi? I have made a site (not that attractive, though) that could help...I havent found any other sites yet...

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great hopefully a few more registrars will lower their prices!

It sounds like a lot of .mobi compliant site building tools are just around the corner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom