Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

A call for LESS "for sale" domains here!!!!! Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use to come here and was able to learn something from time to time. It was pretty easy to discuss many topics etc.

Now this forum is simply FULL of just domains for sale (95% crappy or end user priced as well).

If you think about it... You "could" list about 300-330 domains a Month. One domain per section, each day... Offers Wanted, Fixed above $100, Fixed below $100, Adult, IDN, etc.

I put in my vote for not allowing A Member, more then 10 domains TOTAL Per Month of any kind. 10 is still a great deal of domains for sale, with how many members are here.

I would also like to hear what other members think? I just went threw nearly 1,200 posts that were "new" since I was hear last and found 1 interesting. Almost all the rest were For Sale Posts...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Domain Summit 2024

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say maybe one sale thread per 24 hr period...Maybe limiting abuse...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
95% of this problem was caused by LLLL .com pushers.

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which is the rule now on a per forum basis.

That is the rule, but there are several different sections and EACH says one per 24hrs. I just think this rule needs to be cleaned up a bit ;) It should be 1 domain Total for sale in 24 hours. IMO

I can understand Adam wouldn't want to cut traffic, but I think Quality is better then Quantity.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a business forum. Why should we not be allowed to post new domains for sale each day? If you want to discuss certain issues, there are specific forums to do this.

Thomas Nash

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
95% of this problem was caused by LLLL .com pushers.

Agreed. Most of the sales threads at domain forums are now LLLL.coms, its pretty annoying but I wouldn't know how to stop it apart from make a section for them.

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think people should only be able to start a new thread maybe every 3-7 days. I think the "bump" rule is 48 or 72 hours?
I think this is a bit steep? There can be as many Knowledgeable or helpful threads as possible.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definetly agree with Acro. 95% of the reason is the LLLL.com - after the buy out there are now thousands of crappy lllls flirting around flying from hand to hand - nobody wants to keep them, but everybody wants to make a buck. Whenever my predicted "crash" of crappy llll.coms happens, the flood of llll.com will be even more present, but then should slowly dissolve.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now this forum is simply FULL of just domains for sale (95% crappy or end user priced as well).
You know how the saying goes, one man's junk, is another man's treasure.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed - it's all LLLL.com. That said, a smaller acronym forum could be good

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agreed - it's all LLLL.com. That said, a smaller acronym forum could be good

even after that, wouldnt the new threads still be visible from that section?
is there a way to put a particular sub-forum / section to ignore? that would sort it out i guess.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sure would be nice to see much less liberal use of the word "Premium" in sales titles when the domain isn't even close...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I rarely post any domains for sale.

I rarely offer any for sale.

I have made perhaps 5-6 threads in the past week for sales of domains. One did sell.

Staying within the established guidelines I think is acceptable.

Outside the established guidelines is not acceptable.

When I come on to DNF, I go to unread posts. So anything posted or updated since my last visit appears. If it is a ton of sales threads, then there is nothing I can do about that other than changing my viewing options...like going to controversial to check up on the lastest chapter in the perpetual global warming thread or the ccTLD .mobi to find out if it is still a ccTLD.

We all have choices. Some are just better options than others.

For me, the nuisance is the never ending, looking for more threads that go on for two months or better.

Hell, we are all looking for more. 5 years from now when an LLLLLLLLLLLL.com is considered premium and someone finally offers $10K, some of these auctions, offers, or sales threads may actually have a resolution

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use to come here and was able to learn something from time to time. It was pretty easy to discuss many topics etc.

If you think about it... You "could" list about 300-330 domains a Month. One domain per section, each day... Offers Wanted, Fixed above $100, Fixed below $100, Adult, IDN, etc.

I put in my vote for not allowing A Member, more then 10 domains TOTAL Per Month of any kind. 10 is still a great deal of domains for sale, with how many members are here.

I would also like to hear what other members think? I just went threw nearly 1,200 posts that were "new" since I was hear last and found 1 interesting. Almost all the rest were For Sale Posts...

I think your point of view is not as Buyer or Seller. Of course some people come here to Discuss and learn domaining and there is nothing stopping them. This forum is probably 80% buying and selling. This forum is probably the best place to buy and sell domains. I don't think too many sales thread in Unread posts section is a valid argument to change the policy for people to be able to Buy/Sell. I see a similar policy on NP forum which makes it harder for people to Buy/Sell.

I think the Under $100 section is not as effective, people will just post in Offers wanted or another section. Also the make an offer and fixed price section could be combined. Maybe there can be a Icon used on Threads to show Fixed price or Make an Offer.

edit: Maybe there can be a limit of Sales threads for users with under 10 or 20 itrader. This would make more threads for active/established members. This will make less members spamming and posting ridiculous prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom