Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

A call for LESS "for sale" domains here!!!!! Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use to come here and was able to learn something from time to time. It was pretty easy to discuss many topics etc.

Now this forum is simply FULL of just domains for sale (95% crappy or end user priced as well).

If you think about it... You "could" list about 300-330 domains a Month. One domain per section, each day... Offers Wanted, Fixed above $100, Fixed below $100, Adult, IDN, etc.

I put in my vote for not allowing A Member, more then 10 domains TOTAL Per Month of any kind. 10 is still a great deal of domains for sale, with how many members are here.

I would also like to hear what other members think? I just went threw nearly 1,200 posts that were "new" since I was hear last and found 1 interesting. Almost all the rest were For Sale Posts...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Several great points in this thread. I am glad I started it. :yes:

There can be Many bad things with tons of domains listed. One, with all the 4 letter domains, I have seen the price start going down... So I think those listers started to learn their lessons etc.

So besides just being a ton of domains listed, it also effected the market a little as well. Keyword domains, this does not happen as much.

Keep the discussion going, as it's interesting to hear what other's think. :smilewinkgrin:

Domain Summit 2024

MainstreamDomains

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes!!!! New Subforum Desperately Needed For: 2,3,4 Character Domains
And Another For keyword Domains - Please Would Help In Sales And Organization - Would Only Take A Sec To Set Up!

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also interesting how majority of letters are called "Premium". Most LLLL.com threads are using the term Premium even if the domain is mostly q, v, x etc... lol

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is what needs to be stopped... 4 bumped threads within a 7 minute timeframe in the offers forum, which have now pushed 4 legitimate threads to the 2nd page: http://www.dnforum.com/search.php?searchid=3434462 (not meaning to single one individual out, but)

1 add info/still available/hey look at me!/prices updated/ thread bump per forum per 48 hrs should be the rule!

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Search links belong to yourself, that link does not work for anyone else.

Please report threads that are being bumped against the rules by clicking the report icon, it looks like this:
report.gif

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Search links belong to yourself, that link does not work for anyone else.

Please report threads that are being bumped against the rules by clicking the report icon, it looks like this:
report.gif

:doh:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just buy my domains for sale and I'll quit spamming.

And bring back tags!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

replic8te

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you could somehow choose which boards to subscribe to for the "XXX MEssages since your last visit" feature, I feel that would cut down on having to skim all the stuff I dont wanna see.

Im all for members posting sales according to current rules, after all some us are still earning our way up to the $x,xxx,xxx sales and volume is one way, albeit crappy in some cases.

And if this already exists, then Ill shutup and someone please point me quietly to the help...

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is just a test of the emergency domain broadcast system.

http://www.dnforum.com/f529/
Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) - Short Domains; 4 Characters or Less
This forum is for the sale of domain names consisting of 4 characters or less. One new thread creation per 24 hours is permitted. Fixed prices and offers are allowed.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think things are just fine the way we are... We try to perfect the forum to every detail. One day things are going to change too much, and start affecting people in a negitive way. There are tens of thousands of members here... there WILL be a lot of forsale listings, as there has been for many years. Everyone here wants to make money... Respect the rules and dont expect perfection, because with so many people here... We will never ever have complete order.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just added tags to this thread! They're still around! http://www.dnforum.com/f60/moniker-...ruary-25th-3pm-pst-through-thread-280779.html

I think things are just fine the way we are... We try to perfect the forum to every detail. One day things are going to change too much, and start affecting people in a negitive way. There are then of thousands of members here... there WILL be a lot of forsale listings, as there has been for many years. Everyone here wants to make money... Respect the rules and dont expect perfection, because with so many people here... We will never ever have complete order.
I kind of agree with you. What if one day, this place blew up to 150,000 active members? All with names for sale. Would it get to the point where'd people could only post 1 name for sale a month?

Or would there be so many sub-forums, such as:

Domains starting with the letter K.
- Domains starting with the letter k, that are 4 characters or less.
- - - Domains starting with the letter k, that are 4 characters or less, but no more than 12 characters, but all letters are premium, and...

When does it end?

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
DNF will integrate a feature which will filter garbage domains for sale :lol:

Actually, that's a brilliant idea :D Maybe Francois will launch DomainTrashCollector.com :D

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, that's a brilliant idea :D Maybe Francois will launch DomainTrashCollector.com :D
Probably brand it with the name "Mucous"!

:lol: can't wait!

I think the two newer forums- fixed under $100 and shorter names, will gradually sperate the lower quality names and LLLL.coms etc, if we get many more sections it becomes difficult to track the sales and you end up missing something you might have wanted to buy...

some great points in here though. :eek:k:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom