Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

A call for LESS "for sale" domains here!!!!! Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use to come here and was able to learn something from time to time. It was pretty easy to discuss many topics etc.

Now this forum is simply FULL of just domains for sale (95% crappy or end user priced as well).

If you think about it... You "could" list about 300-330 domains a Month. One domain per section, each day... Offers Wanted, Fixed above $100, Fixed below $100, Adult, IDN, etc.

I put in my vote for not allowing A Member, more then 10 domains TOTAL Per Month of any kind. 10 is still a great deal of domains for sale, with how many members are here.

I would also like to hear what other members think? I just went threw nearly 1,200 posts that were "new" since I was hear last and found 1 interesting. Almost all the rest were For Sale Posts...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
people pay to specifically sell domains in the platinum area- the amount of people viewing posts are no higher than other sites that let you sell for free- to limit sales threads to a couple a month would not make sense- all the other areas are free, why would you pay to list 5 posts a month? i dont think there is a need to worry about 150,000 active members- there is probably less than 2000 "active" members.
it would be different if there were 10,000 active buyers and sellers in here.
if there is some reorganization, that might help sort things better.

Domain Summit 2024

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
people pay to specifically sell domains in the platinum area- the amount of people viewing posts are no higher than other sites that let you sell for free- to limit sales threads to a couple a month would not make sense- all the other areas are free, why would you pay to list 5 posts a month? i dont think there is a need to worry about 150,000 active members- there is probably less than 2000 "active" members.
it would be different if there were 10,000 active buyers and sellers in here.
if there is some reorganization, that might help sort things better.

I hear ya 100% That is what pissed me off with the suggestion a little bit. You don't pay for a forum membership to be more limited then other free forums.

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hear ya 100% That is what pissed me off with the suggestion a little bit. You don't pay for a forum membership to be more limited then other free forums.

True. But it seems that the 'cost' of joining has kept a lot of the dungbugs at the free forums.:eek:k: Now, if folks post in the right threads, we'll be OK too.

wadsworth

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I actually just paid the $40 for upgraded membership because of the greater control here. I'll likely take the next membership step in the near future if the under $100 and 4 character forums are enforced. I don't have all day to browse 100's of uncategorized threads, especially when most are 4L.com flippers. Greater control is what makes this site better, not worse. And $40 or $380 is not a lot a to pay for the time those enforced restrictions save me.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new forum will take some getting used to by the members to realize the new short character forum exists. We're moving threads into it accordingly, in batches, and notifying the thread starter each time a thread gets moved.
We realize the need for organization, we spend quite a bit of energy on it.
Appreciate the feedback everyone.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the need for a 4 letters forum or less was needed and despite some people who can`t wait to see that LLLL.com without 10,000 OVT with ext are useless, this may not happen unless we`ll start to see even LLL.com such QXZ.com selling for $100 and not $7,000+

So unless that happen, there will be a lot of people dealing with lots of LLLL.com whether you like it or not, that`s the way things go in an increasing need of domain names for the 6+ Billion people.

And just to say that, if you can`t cope with this, what are you going to do when/if even the 5 letters .com 1 day maybe will run out ? It may happen in 30 years or in 10 years.....but if it does, then what are you going to do?

Oh my God, I can`t be a domainer because there are too many LLLLL.com threads around? But please...

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There'll be massive drops some day. Tha vast numbers some are buying will show that some have no value for endusers.
Businesses come and go. Most last less than 5 years, so it could be that seperate entities will vie for the same names on occasion to keep some market there. We'll see.

Point is, there are threads showing that some are just trying to buy all of this or that. And it could prove that less than 5% of any portfolio is worth anything at all.

Not good at explaining myself sometimes, so let's rephrase.

When YOU want something 'tangible' and Google for it, do you type gibberish into the search box? :?: I mean REALLY.
Without a lot of marketing and branding, do you type 'games.com' into the address box looking for games? Or just type sdf3x.com hoping to find games? :rolleyes:

I personally think a lot of these 'hits' being reported are domainers coming up with gibberish ideas find that one is taken. So they, the idea guy, will go to the site to see what's there. And there are a lot of domainers.

Another example. I got a WW Domain site. I asked around to locals here to see what they would search for if they wanted to register a names for themselves. 95% said they didn't have a clue what to search for, in any way shape or form. Most go on the web and look up spellable stuff OR what they've seen marketed on TV!

Hope this gives you the gist of what I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom