• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed A few celeb names

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Instinkt

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2002
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Ok,just a couple of odd celeb names..
avrillavigne.co.uk (.com,.net,.biz,.info,.org,.ws all taken)
lindacardellini.net/.org/.co.uk (Velma of Scooby Doo,Legally Blond,Freaks and Geeks)
I know they're not great but I've had them a while..
 
I don't see any value here - I've never heard of any of them.
 
Originally posted by Ed30
I don't see any value here - I've never heard of any of them.
Well Avril Lavigne is pretty well known in the US and UK at his moment and Linda Cardellini isn't really well known by name but she's been in quite a few things..
 
GeorgeBushJunior.com - I have regged just for my sattisfaction :)
 
Originally posted by Ed30
I don't see any value here - I've never heard of any of them.

well Avril Lavigne is pretty much know all over the world =) They play her music on MTV.

Shes even well known here in Sweden.

Dont think that the .co.uk is worth much though
 
Originally posted by icehole


well Avril Lavigne is pretty much know all over the world =) They play her music on MTV.

Shes even well known here in Sweden.

Dont think that the .co.uk is worth much though
Indeed.
It all depends on if the name is known in that country and all..
I registered the name before she hit the UK and it might have been before she hit the US,can't remember.But I did know about her before that..
 
Celeb names usually have a NEGATIVE value, AKA liability.

You can get challenged under the UDRP, in which case you are likely to lose the domain.

Much worse, if you get sued in federal court for trademark dilution or cybersquatting, your exposure could be hundreds of thousands of dollars.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom