Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

A Few Questions for the Chinese IDN Experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

vislander2012

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. I know a bit about domains but have a lot to learn. I apologize if any of these questions have been asked before. Ive read similar threads on a few of the points I'm going to touch upon here, but some of them are quite old and could perhaps have some new current/correct information added. Apologies in advance if some of these questions are too newbie like..I'm reading up as fast as I can.

QUESTION 1: In terms of Chinese Simplified Domains, where do you think they stand in the pecking order of financial worth compared to the big boys like .com? Does it go something like .com> .net >..add other domains here....>.asia > .中国 ? Could someone do a quick rank I know .com is still the tops?

QUESTION 2: In five years how would you do the ranking mentioned in question 1 look? or how long until the Chinese simplified domains gain more financial clout(ten years)?

QUESTION 3:
I'm Canadian and of course would have to use a company to reg these domains that has a trustee service/local presence. I have been using marcaria.com since their doesn't seem to be a lot of companies that have been doing this for a while that make me feel comfortable using them. Marcaria only allows 4 letter chinese simp domains to be registered. Are their other companies that are still trustworthy that will get the trustee thing done for certain and allow 3 letter or less domains to be registered? Currently marcaria is charging i think $58 per domain. Thanks.

QUESTION 4:
Obviously there is the danger of using online translators like google etc for people to try and reg domain names. As mentioned in this thread already: Translation Correct?....

I have kept my translated words to 2 words or less, and have only reged the domains when i have gotten 3 of the translators to agree and done searches through google to try to make sure its not in error (look for the number of results). Does anyone here recommend a private translation service that's out of the loop in terms of domains? I don't want to pay some guy related to this site, who is going to go "great idea for a domain, I think I'll register it myself"

QUESTION 5: How much better is the ".中国" extension which means china, then the ".网络" extension? What kind of dollar difference are we looking at in value now and in the future? I have been reging the former extensions, but have had to use a few of the latter when those extensions had been used already.

Thanks in advance and i must say great forum here guys!

Last edited:

vislander2012

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought this was theee forum on the internet for this kind of stuff...where are the experts or even people who know what they are talking about? No responses? LOL. No one can even spend 2 minutes of time. Tsk Tsk Tsk. Come on, some one can say something cant they?

:sigh2::undecided::disappointed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators