Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

A lot of good .nets are dropping!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just in the last 2-3 months, I have noticed an significant amount of good .nets that have dropped. Many solid one word .nets and good 3-letter .nets. Is this another indication that the .net will in a near future fall behind the new TLDs like .info and biz, as well as the new ccTLD .us?

Have good one!

D

dariusthegreat

but to answer your question. i don't think .net is going to fall behind the new tlds. don't forget that people are grabbing these dot nets that expire like crazy. just wait until the dot biz and .info names start expiring in a couple years nobody will want them. They will be like .cc

All that is happening is that the best names in ANY extension are being coveted and everything else is basically viewed as garbage.

M

mole

Originally posted by dariusthegreat
All that is happening is that the best names in ANY extension are being coveted and everything else is basically viewed as garbage.

True, true. :yes:

The new .info and .biz namespace provided at launch an open opportunity for the 'average' domain speculators to pick up really awesome generic names.

IMO, expectations have risen 3 notches as to what they see are great names. :swg:

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I had been monitoring hotkey.net, which had expired more than 1 year, using Snapshot. Unfortunately, it dropped unexpectedly and I forgot to snap it back. Someone else had taken it. :(

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was a .com-only guy till I found these:

abodes.net
feats.net
goner.net
mariam.net
maxed.net
tickled.net

There's plenty more out there!

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
WOW mole, you got the coolest avatar.
Where did you download it? :)

consultmedia.com dropped and is available as a few minutes ago.........
for waht is worth.....

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>A lot of good .nets are dropping!!

There weren't/aren't a lot of good .net's to begin with.

>I was a .com-only guy till I found these:

>abodes.net
>feats.net
>goner.net
>mariam.net
>maxed.net
>tickled.net

DON'T GIVE UP YOUR DAY JOB!!!

Sheesh.

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drewbert

DON'T GIVE UP YOUR DAY JOB!!!

If you could see my income statement, Drew, your advice would be the exact opposite! :eek:

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Addendum... and not because my income is so high. Last year my day job, selling fine art, netted me $5,500 profit for the year. My night job, web design, development, and domain names, netted <$500>. My bottom-line profit for the year was $5,000.

I need to give up my day job AND my night job. Trouble is, I can't give up either because they are so much fun. A good-paying job, like shoveling coal or pumping gas, would be tedious, tiring, and boring (besides hard on my ego), and I generally don't like bosses. So I guess I'll take your advice after all and not give it up.

Hope you're doing better than this!

Warren
(namedancer)

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by namedancer
Addendum... and not because my income is so high. Last year my day job, selling fine art, netted me $5,500 profit for the year. My night job, web design, development, and domain names, netted <$500>. My bottom-line profit for the year was $5,000.

I need to give up my day job AND my night job. Trouble is, I can't give up either because they are so much fun. A good-paying job, like shoveling coal or pumping gas, would be tedious, tiring, and boring (besides hard on my ego), and I generally don't like bosses. So I guess I'll take your advice after all and not give it up.

Hope you're doing better than this!

Warren
(namedancer)

I'm doing better than this but not to provide details. I respect everyone here doing their job(s), I started from here, will end and still loving it.

Cheers.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>If you could see my income statement, Drew, your advice would be the exact opposite!

What's your business plan? Sell 10,000 names a month at registration cost + $1? Those names are worthless.

It's like the old days when people would register ANY dictionary word, just because it was a dictionary word. "Gee, if business.com is worth 17 million (which it wasn't), then asymptote.com must be worth at least 1 million!"

Stop propping up Verisign.

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drewbert
>Those names are worthless.

I don't think so. See also my addendum though, and smile! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators