• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

A small help Adsense gurus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotComKid

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
I own unixarticles.com ..and is getting quite a good amount of traffic(2500 unique visits per month) But adsense is not working that good..I hardly gets 2 or 3 clicks per day.. Can some advice me what should be modified ? Is adsense positions Okay? Is the color catchy ? Or should i camouflage it with the contents ? Your advices very much appreciated.
 
OK, here goes....

I would consider changing the page title to Unix, your ads don't appear to be very well targeted, for example do a search on google for unix and see all the unix ads, then do a search for unix articles, no ads! You could also use section targetting to further target your ads.

You have one 336x280 ad block at the top beside some content, move the content down, and replace it with another 336x280 block so you have two side by side at the top, then change the color on them so they match all the other text on your site, blend them in rather than make them stick out.

Next, put a 5 link link unit in the top left where your categories are now, I would move the categories over to the left navigation area, and then put another 120x600 skyscraper right below the link unit.

Replace your search box with a google search box, also consider putting a search box bottom center of your page.

This is maximum you can put on there according to adsense tos, and will give your users many more ads to click on, more targeted ads, and should put your ctr in the 30%+range.

Repeat on all interior pages.
 
Thanks very much AmericanBulldog.That was really fantastic ... I am really gonna put that into action....
 
Good advice. The only other suggestion I would have is at the top of the page, where 'Unix' is the title, I would make a longer title with more unix keywords. For example, you could put as the title "Information on Unix, unix hosting, unix commands, unix training, unix servers" etc. These are some of the top search terms I found in overture for the word Unix, and these are probably some of the topics your site visitors are looking for, so related ads would do well. Also, a quick look at the bids shows that the term 'unix training' has way higher paying ads than just 'unix' alone. So definitely have the term 'unix training' somewhere on your page. good luck
 
Thanks for that hugegrowth. I will take that too...Thanks guys... thanks for advice.
 
Thanks denny, I can see that too... will put the keywords as you have adviced.And also thanks for the links.:-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom