Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

adamdicker.com and dnforum sales!

Status
Not open for further replies.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nothing comes without a price.

This has been a problem for as long as I can remember and will continue to be as they want the site growth to show ( I think for one reason ). I really can't see them doing specifically to affect anyones sales that would be pointless and stupid.

If I remember right ... the problem was fixed for those sales from Platinum and Exclusive members ... but not for the lower memberships levels.

In the end I agree it sucks to have to explain to a prospect buyer why they saw a post
( which could be years old and it has happened to me ) offering the domain for less than the current asking. Sure you can easily justify the price ... but then if these pages didn't get indexed we wouldn't have too.

Domain Summit 2024

hina

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is the purpose of that website anyway?

www.AdamDicker.com said it is "the personal blog of Adam Dicker".
If so, why are our sales threads displayed there? For what purpose?
Does not seem like a personal blog at all....

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had similar experience although mine has to do with other forum.
I bought domain for $150 and told seller to remove domain name and price.
Seller never responded and mod took days to do so.
I had buyer willing to pay $3,000 for the domain, but, one of his employee
saw the price I paid on other forum, dropped the price to $200 and ended
up not selling it :upset:

So, I can see how this can hurt OP.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear Adam, your site adamdicker.com publishes the dn sales threads on your site. Unfortunately, it does not edit the threads when we close them or hide the prices. Recently, several domainers and end users have pointed to your site adamdicker.com and pointed out that I have listed A Domain for less !

My asking price for recent domain was $100 to an end user, and he pointed to adamdicker.com which has published a thread i closed a while ago and edited out the price. I price my domains to domainers different then i do with end users. I always edit the domains and close the thread if the domain fails to sell on dn. But now with you publishing our threads on your site adamdicker.com, we dont have control! This is causing a huge negative impact on my sales.

Can you please delete our sales threads from adamdicker.com and not publish our sales threads?

I appreciate you taking the time to read this thread, if you can't help us out. I can no longer post my domains in the sales thread on dn. As it has a negative impact on my strategy and sales pitch

look forward to your response.

Best wishes,
MIR

This has happened to me as well. Not the adamdicker.com part, but the fact that an end-user has googled the domain name and found an old thread where I was selling the name a lot cheaper.

I just tell them that; well, it's my domain and I don't feel like selling it for less than what I offer it to you for now. If you don't think it's fair, then don't buy it. It's as simple as that.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear Adam, your site adamdicker.com publishes the dn sales threads on your site. Unfortunately, it does not edit the threads when we close them or hide the prices. Recently, several domainers and end users have pointed to your site adamdicker.com and pointed out that I have listed A Domain for less !

My asking price for recent domain was $100 to an end user, and he pointed to adamdicker.com which has published a thread i closed a while ago and edited out the price. I price my domains to domainers different then i do with end users. I always edit the domains and close the thread if the domain fails to sell on dn. But now with you publishing our threads on your site adamdicker.com, we dont have control! This is causing a huge negative impact on my sales.

Can you please delete our sales threads from adamdicker.com and not publish our sales threads?

I appreciate you taking the time to read this thread, if you can't help us out. I can no longer post my domains in the sales thread on dn. As it has a negative impact on my strategy and sales pitch

look forward to your response.

Best wishes,
MIR

I feel the same, there should be an option to disallow such use from other websites.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Remember what the doormouse said........

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont see why our stuff is going on adamdicker.com, any thread I choose to post on here I should expect it to just be on here, it would be more acceptable if it was someone ripping content, but the site admin using our posts? Ive been effected too, another annoying thing is, if you post a link to a site running wordpress on this site, adamdicker.com will copy that post, and send a trackback request to you for a link back to his blog.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seems no comment from admin or adam dicker as yet on this subject ?.

With regard to the quoted 27. You may not use, reproduce or distribute any forum topics or posted content anywhere other than on Dnforum.com.

So does that mean ,as it does grammatically, that if I post something
on DNForum that I am not "allowed" to post it also in another forum also
,even though it is my own message ?

DG

C

Chuck

I suspect Adam will chime in when he returns, but could be a few days.

In the mean time we are not going to answer for him regarding his domain adamdicker.com as neither myself nor the mods have anything to do with that domain.

The thread will remain open as long as it continues to be a discussion and not a bash session, just like any other thread here on DNF.

Thanks!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has happened to me as well. Not the adamdicker.com part, but the fact that an end-user has googled the domain name and found an old thread where I was selling the name a lot cheaper.

I just tell them that; well, it's my domain and I don't feel like selling it for less than what I offer it to you for now. If you don't think it's fair, then don't buy it. It's as simple as that.

i've been posting names on dnf and some other forums/venues since 2002.

knowing all the time the risks of doing so.

and my response was the same as "pcproffenno's" in the end, if someone pointed to a past price....

"if you don't think it's a fair price, then don't buy."

there are archives of domain names all over the internet, including starting bid prices for names on auction, backorder and in whois.

though the chance that an end-user buyer will point to a past price on a domain is about 100 to 1 in my experience.

when it's domainer to domainer sales, then the chances are maybe 2 out of 50 sales, but that's only because domainers do more research.

in the end, i don't think any other record of a domain can "ruin" your sale, because you don't have to sell.

you make that choice to sell, so you can't blame someone else for your decision to accept the offer.

imo...

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think it actually works both ways. It may help me move some of my sh!t faster.
Apparently that other Adam's site has a great marketing pull, waaaay greater than DNF.
If anything, Adam should buy the ice-cream cone to the offended fella. I always do it with my kids: it works like clockwork :lol:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam Dicker stole my Christmas present.

It looks like this:

large1.jpg

You have had your fun, Adam.

Please return it to my garage.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
though the chance that an end-user buyer will point to a past price on a domain is about 100 to 1 in my experience.

In my experience it's more like 10 to 1 :yes: I happens quite a lot, many end users are quite internet savvy. It's not just the Forums either, it's sites like DNJournal and other sites that report auction sales, You can request they not report it, but do we have to do that for every domain we buy?

Publishing sales is all part of the business I guess, I think the best solution is to find a full proof way of not allowing them to be indexed in the search engines.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed this as well and started mainly posting in the "Offers Wanted" section.
I would like to post prices/range but not worth alienating the end-user market.

I had 3 end-users in give me grief over prices posted and what I asked them for in the month of October/November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom