• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Adbrite.com Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartsdomains

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2006
Messages
181
Reaction score
1
After placing ads on websites through adbrite I have discovered that even though the website accepted my ad they dont always feature them ,yet you still get charged.

I am disappointed that adbrite dont inspect the website to make sure ads appear, infact it is very worrying that adbrite are letting websites get away with this behaviour.

I have emailed adbrite with my concerns but I suggest anyone placing ads on websites through companies like adbrite, watch them very closely and make sure there ads do actually appear.
 
PPC fraud on adbrite ( network ads ) is rampant .

i have found in the past that on one occassion 90% of my click thru came from one VERY obscure arabic site ... i get billed several hundred dollars ....

I contacted support several times ..... still waiting months on .

Forget Adbrite !
 
I didn't realise adbrite was CPC.
 
Funny, after reading this thread I checked on a site I had recently paid almost $800 on ads for and I cannot find my ads anywhere!

Thank you for this warning, definitely something I need to look into and I would advise others that advertise using AdBrite to check to see if they can locate their ads as well.
 
I wasn't aware of these problems either. I do see how it would be easy for publishers to skip out on displaying your ads though.. All they have to do is remove the javascript..

Seems like maybe something that needs to be addressed by AdBrite.
 
I was charged a couple of hundred $$ by adbrite...... and Im not even using their service no more
 
I wasn't aware of these problems either. I do see how it would be easy for publishers to skip out on displaying your ads though.. All they have to do is remove the javascript..

Seems like maybe something that needs to be addressed by AdBrite.

AdBrite does monitor the amount of traffic the site generates, so they should be able to tell you if the publisher pulled the jscript. They don't payout for quite a while after ads stop running, so as long as you contact them promptly the funds should still be "available".

AdBrite handles all the rotation of the individual ads so the publisher has no control on that part of it, I don't accept run of network CPC ads on my primary consumer site, only ads for a specific time period. I also don't show adbrite ads on every page.
 
"Thanks for writing. We're currently experiencing some technical difficulties which may cause your ad not to show 100% of the time. Our engineers are working on it and hope to have it resolved shortly. Upon fixing the issue, we should be issue an appropriate credit back to your AdBrite account, and you will be notified. We apologize for this inconvenience."
 
all of their employees are at ad-tech here in ny handing out t-shirts
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom