• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Adding RSS to a site? Any recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

haynes8

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
563
Reaction score
1
I want to add RSS feeds to a couple of sites, but have no clue where to start, anyone who could shed some light on the situation, I would be greatful.

Thanks
 
I am trying to do the same, I have been reading a bit about it lately, here is some of the stuff I have come accross that might be helpful (this s actually from MyYahoo):

How do I find RSS sources for my page?

Any site that supports RSS can be added to My Yahoo!. You can start by browsing through one of the directory categories on the Add Content page. Or try typing a keyword into the �Find Content� box.

You are also welcome to start with the Yahoo! Directory or search for RSS. You'll quickly discover there are several RSS directories on the Web today that are very helpful. Here are some of the better-known resources for finding RSS feeds:

* BloogZ: http://www.bloogz.com/rssfinder
* Syndic8: http://www.syndic8.com
* Technorati: http://www.technorati.com
* Daypop: http://www.daypop.com

How do I learn more about RSS?

There's lots of information on the Web about RSS. Depending on what you're looking for, try starting here:

* For non-technical people new to RSS, check out:
http://www.faganfinder.com/search/rss.shtml

* For experienced Internet users, check out the resources here:
http://rss.lockergnome.com/resources/articles/quickstart.phtml

* For the web developer crowd, check out:
http://www.oreillynet.com/rss/

* For a more technical introduction, check out:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/12/18/dive-into-xml.html

And here are some other sites that offer feeds... I have not actually got any set, I am still not 100% sure of how to do that, plus my site isn't quite ready for it yet, anyway...

http://www.newsisfree.com/

http://www.newsknowledge.com/home.html

http://rssfeedreader.com/
 
lastrss.webdot.cz
free and works great (I have it on my sites)
supports caching
 
If you know PHP just code a parser.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom