• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale add'l fee for domains in "redemption state"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allfree

Exclusive Lifetime Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2003
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Apologies is this is a novice question. I just "found" a few domains I had at an old registrar and was trying to renew, after they had passed their expiration date. I am being told by opensrs that the domain is in redemption state and "We can redeem a name up to 70 days after expiry date. Your cost is $ 80 plus renewal fee for one year."

Anyone know when/where this fee came form or if there is a way around it?
 
Originally posted by allfree


Anyone know when/where this fee came form or if there is a way around it?

I think Not, If its in Redemption, then You can`t transfer it away anymore.

PS! Best, You don`t let domains to redemption, then You don`t have to pay the fee :)
 
Id actually be happy just renewing with the existing registrar, but am being told of this fee which I've never heard of before (a thousand domains and 5 years after having started collecting). Any idea where it "came" from?
 
$150 is a drop in the bucket compared to what you could pay otherwise trying to obtain the name.
 
I am saving two and letting the rest go, thanks for the input all. Since I am not going to bother chasing the others, here are those I am dumping...anyone think they are worth $80?

FREEPICTUREPOST.COM
AUTOMOBILECOMPARISONS.COM
AUTOMOBILECOLLECTIBLES.COM
CHEAPAUTOMOBILEINSURANCE.COM
USEDCARDONATIONS.COM
 
you're doing the right thing. :)
 
They are not worth the fee
 
Sorry posted 2 times
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom