• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

adsense isn't performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prose

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2004
Messages
380
Reaction score
0
I am using adsense on a forum that gets nearly 1,000,000 impressions per month (according to adsense).

This is converting less than $60 per month.

Would CPM be better in this situation? The forum is breeding5.com
 
You need to know the traffic that is coming your way, and serve them what they are looking for.

In my google account i have one that gets 10k per day(a group) and makes crap. Then I have one that gets 25 hits a day and is now earning 2$ a day. the one that is earning 2$ a day with only 25 hits is properly directed.

Just a little info, and hope it gives you something to think about.
 
Have you tried yahoo publisher network? that is if you're in the U.S. of course.
I don't think cpm networks accept forum sites.
 
I'm from Canada. How am I going to change what advertisements google serves? I know the target market that's coming to that site.

Young (9-13) North American girls. So I know the IP address they are on is worth money but they don't exactly have credit cards :|
 
prose said:
I'm from Canada. How am I going to change what advertisements google serves? I know the target market that's coming to that site.

Young (9-13) North American girls. So I know the IP address they are on is worth money but they don't exactly have credit cards :|

I got mine made from DNF here.. it's a PPC site and doesnt cost much considering its return. I'm having more made.. They offer professional service for a very decent price.
 
I would pull adsense of your site and put something more targeted on your site.You can put ringtone ads on your site for example.
I think that will convert way better as that is what your visitors find interesting. I highly doubt they are interested in the Vbulletin software ads that adsense shows ;)

It's common that forums have a very low CTR in general so CPM is worth a try.
I would make a seperate page for selling ringtones etc.. and put CPM ads instead of adsense.

Good luck
 
Im receiving 2K Uniques/25-30K impressions per day and earning anywhere from $2 to $22 per day, Its doing poorly, Most days its under $5 :( But it pays the server bill
 
The problem i have is five sites on one account and i havnt a clue whats eaning what ?
 
britishbulldog said:
The problem i have is five sites on one account and i havnt a clue whats eaning what ?


setup channels
 
prose said:
Young (9-13) North American girls.

this is where your problem lies ... 1. they don't click 2. advertisers don't spend much to attract them (w/ ppc) 3. they don't have any money if they do click so it's a cycle
 
wrong thread.. just deleted my post.
 
I had a free forum service and I was getting 16k+ ad impressions a day, and it was a good day if I could pass 2 bucks. Somedays it was less than a dollar.

Ads vary by the content on the page, and also where the visitors are located.
 
prose said:
I am using adsense on a forum that gets nearly 1,000,000 impressions per month (according to adsense).

This is converting less than $60 per month.

Would CPM be better in this situation? The forum is breeding5.com
Just looked at your site, here is what you should try.

The Adsense needs some text and keywords to serve you
ads that are relevant to your content. At the top of your page,
near your Adsense box, add a paragraph of text that is relevant
to your site and contains relevant keywords for the type of
ads you want to draw. A paragraph of text describing your
forum and it's features, with good keywords should be good.
Keep experimenting til you get something that works. Also,
maybe try different size boxes (like 728X60). Try different
color boxes, your target market may be attracted to more
feminine colors, like pinks, purples, yellows.

For the Google/Firefox banner, try one of the bigger, white banners
and see how that works. Place it near the top of the page, or the
right side of the page so it's easier to click.

I wouldn't be too worried about your target market having
credit cards or not. Some thirteen year olds probably do,
there are teen cards now that can be pre-loaded with cash. But it doesn't
matter, many advertisers are just looking for names and contact
information so they can keep following up for an eventual sale.
The 9-13 year old market has a lot of influence on purchases
through their parents as well!
 
Thank you for the well thought and educated response!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom