Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

Adsense - Revenue down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have noticed a drop in adsense revenues. Anyone else notice this? usd1.90 for 27 clicks?

Raizan

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, i've noticed it too as well, though it rised a few weeks ago, now its back down.

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What are generally the best keywords for generating high ppc?

Or 'subjects' shoud I say?

Mike Bell

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe web hosting is one of the most expensive areas. Some of my ads are image hosting though. I seem to be behind everyone I see on these forums as far as AdSense revenue tho..... I have yet to master how to get the big bucks from it...

z482493

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Around 5 dollars for 38 clicks. :disappoin :disappoin

Compared to same 38 clicks 2 weeks ago....close to 20 dollars! :veryangry :veryangry

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adsense revenue changes often, I figure in another couple weeks it will be back up...

I dont think it will stay like this for a long time

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've noticed huge drops with DomainSponsor over the past couple of weeks. I consitantly make about half of what I used to, probably thanks to google.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If only my sites were webhosting. It takes me 600 clicks to get $50.

CrazyGuy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AdSense revenues seem to be down for many people recently.

Most likely culprit is new policy that means only one ad per destination URL will be shown on a page. Biggest impact of that is when affiliates are competing against each other to send clicks direct to the merchant.

Now, only one of them (or the merchant) will be shown, which I guess lowers both the average click value (less competition) and the CTR (fewer returning for comparison clicks).

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CrazyGuy said:
AdSense revenues seem to be down for many people recently.

Most likely culprit is new policy that means only one ad per destination URL will be shown on a page. Biggest impact of that is when affiliates are competing against each other to send clicks direct to the merchant.

Now, only one of them (or the merchant) will be shown, which I guess lowers both the average click value (less competition) and the CTR (fewer returning for comparison clicks).
Interesting.. Never thought of this :/

samtilston

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
anyone know of any better programs than adsense that payout more?

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've noticed an increase in revenue this month for one of my sites.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
over the last few days my revenue per click has nearly tripled compared to January

cwsteam.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mine is stable for a few months, nobody would beleive, but I check my account without using the internet. I just wait for my adsense check every month, and then I know how much good it is going on. My numbers have been giving a steady rise, month by month !! Which is good.

CrazyGuy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
samtilston said:
anyone know of any better programs than adsense that payout more?

The quick answer is no - if you're looking for the best general-purpose, contextual ad service.

Many active affiliates are even replacing their own carefully chosen and placed content-side ads with AdSense because they do such a good job of getting clicks ... and you don't have to worry about the subsequent merchant conversion rate.

There are a growing number of other contextual ad systems appearing but from my investigations they typically a) don't have many advertisers b) have lower ad prices c) require each site to be registered separately and d) are often not truly contextual, but require some manual targeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators