Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

ADVISE ME: I found a great unchallenged .info name

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by O.C.
It's a valuable .info name with a clear-as-day false trademark number (1234567890).

I can't challenge it any more can I?

:confused:

I found one myself, emailed Afilias and they said I need to file a UDRP. The TM is also obviously false.

O.C.

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, if it's really a good domain name it's worth the UDRP, right? :)

Question is, would WIPO just make them release the name to the public? Or would WIPO just hand it over to me? :D

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Question is, would WIPO just make them release the name to the public? Or would WIPO just hand it over to me? :D

Well since you'd paid for the WIPO, you I would have thought. Contact Afilias and ask them the procedure.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

To the best of my knowledge..

(1) The issue of remaining unchallenged .INFO Sunrise squatters is huge and not resolved.

(2) Individuals can no longer make a Sunrise Challenge. Afilias could, but has not announced any more.

(3) Anyone can make an UDRP challenge, but I believe they have to have a trademark to win. If they have a valid trademark and win, then, yes.. they get the name.

(4) Ahhh, but you say... "Hey, the Sunrise squatter has no valid trademark on the name and neither do I or anyone else" -- see point #1 :rolleyes:

I have proposed a way out of this catch-22, but have not heard back from Afilias about it and received only luke-warm support from the online community... so not pursuing at this time.

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also consider reviewing the “created on date” for the .info. If it is Aug 01, it is a sunrise registration based on the trademark #. If it is Sep 01, the trademark info is MEMO (inconsequential) to the registration. I have read that Registrars.com inserted “E.G.B 12345” in every landrush registration, including one 1 have with them.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
most of you have probably seen my study on this, but if not... it documented the types and extent (15-25%) of Sunrise squatters earlly on... was first marginalized as being too high... and then validated. In fact, it was conservatively low.

http://www.domebase.com/study.htm

Anion

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
In the past WIPO has been just transfering the name to the complainant. If the name is particularly valuable you might end up in a lawsuite disputing the actual ownership of the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom