Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Godaddy nightmare

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For years I’ve been a member of godaddy, and was wanting to purchase this one domain name, but once I had the cash to purchase it, I went onto godaddy and put the name in, the price had gone up 300 dollars but I decided I still wanted it. I went through to buy it, but instead of my old account, I clicked their google account option. That apparently created a new account and then I bought the name for 1800 dollars. I then called the next day and asked why my name was not in there. They gave me a rather strange explanation that would only have been true if it was an expired domain name. She said it would be added to my account by the 4th, which is today. Then a day or two later, I got the voicemail here’s the transcript, with details edited out.

“Hello message for Joseph this is Tom over here @ godaddy .com. We're just reaching out to you cause we had a new account created and a large order go through and we just want to verify that it wasn't authorized by. You can give us a quick call back. Our number here is ——- And you can refer to order number ——- Do it in 2 4 hours just avoid any type of cancellation on the order again Go Daddy at —— thank you…”

I then called Friday and all weekend to get hold of them and got a email address to contact them but still no response from these “verification” people to verify my purchase. I still have had no one from that department contact me.

But a few highlights were one agent saying that my purchase had failed, and another saying that she couldn’t even find the order number. The one that said the order had failed was trying to get me to pay the broker fee for ANOTHER domain name that’s the singular version of the domain name I bought. I was like no, I don’t need to buy the singular version just because you are too incompetent to get me what I bought.

namegulf

NameGulf.com Domain Marketplace
Reaction score
For years I’ve been a member of godaddy, and was wanting to purchase this one domain name, but once I had the cash to purchase it, I went onto godaddy and put the name in, the price had gone up 300 dollars but I decided I still wanted it. I went through to buy it, but instead of my old account, I clicked their google account option. That apparently created a new account and then I bought the name for 1800 dollars. I then called the next day and asked why my name was not in there. They gave me a rather strange explanation that would only have been true if it was an expired domain name. She said it would be added to my account by the 4th, which is today. Then a day or two later, I got the voicemail here’s the transcript, with details edited out.

“Hello message for Joseph this is Tom over here @ godaddy .com. We're just reaching out to you cause we had a new account created and a large order go through and we just want to verify that it wasn't authorized by. You can give us a quick call back. Our number here is ——- And you can refer to order number ——- Do it in 2 4 hours just avoid any type of cancellation on the order again Go Daddy at —— thank you…”

I then called Friday and all weekend to get hold of them and got a email address to contact them but still no response from these “verification” people to verify my purchase. I still have had no one from that department contact me.

But a few highlights were one agent saying that my purchase had failed, and another saying that she couldn’t even find the order number. The one that said the order had failed was trying to get me to pay the broker fee for ANOTHER domain name that’s the singular version of the domain name I bought. I was like no, I don’t need to buy the singular version just because you are too incompetent to get me what I bought.
Hope you get the domain!

carledgar

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your plight, Mr. Deleted. I'm old enough to remember dealing with an actual human being across a counter or desk with the issue resolved at one sitting - not necessarily successfully in every case but not taking up time, compared to weeks of phone calls/emails, the price of whose admin overhead/s can far exceed the amount in question.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your plight, Mr. Deleted. I'm old enough to remember dealing with an actual human being across a counter or desk with the issue resolved at one sitting - not necessarily successfully in every case but not taking up time, compared to weeks of phone calls/emails, the price of whose admin overhead/s can far exceed the amount in question.
Yes…

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it, let's go! 🚀
I had been wanting it for a long time as it’s the generic version of my industry, with a few 1000 searches a month. About 2900-3000. Now I think I will need someone to help me seo it to get it in the search engines. Get it out there and sell this cookbook.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom