Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Afternic/BuyDomains merger

Status
Not open for further replies.

picassoface

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just posted this on afternic's name discussion board, DiscussNames.com (in case some of you have never been on it)....
Now that BuyDomains owns afternic, if they want us to continue listing our names along with Theirs (which will obviously take precedence over Ours), they better throw the average domain lister a BIG BONE.
I can see no possible reason to Pay to list names here anymore when Sedo is Free and even takes a smaller cut in escrow.

I stuck with Afternic through all the bad talk, reserving my own negative comments till I could see the big picture and the reasons behind the strange changes. Now we know. And unless BuyDomains wants Afternic.com to turn into a simple "Redirect" for their own names only ( after we pull all ours out ), there had BETTER be NO MORE MEMBERSHIP FEES for sellers. And that is just a Small bone. Those of us with over 500 domains listed here (or some other appropriate #), should actually be Paid to list our large portfolios here as it makes Afternic a better site having More names.

So what is it going to be ?

Type in Afternic.com and be redirected to Buydomains.com ?

Or, keep Afternic as a Viable domain reseller site ?

Or - Get the top 20 or 30 domain owners to create our OWN "aftermarket" site. A site for the little guy to compete against the Big Guys. (a la movie "Dodgeball")

PS: to the former Afternic staff - is the domain name DiscussNames.com available for sale ? Some of us may be interested buyers...
Oh, and thanks for keeping us mushrooms in the dark....

Duquesa

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just posted this on afternic's name discussion board, DiscussNames.com (in case some of you have never been on it)....

Or - Get the top 20 or 30 domain owners to create our OWN "aftermarket" site. A site for the little guy to compete against the Big Guys. (a la movie "Dodgeball")

Sounds good... I'm certainly not a top 20- 30 domain owner but wouldn't mind listing a couple of hundred decent domains on a domainer "inspired" aftermarket. Anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators