Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Afternic is waking up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The spotlight had 2 names in it yesterday now there is like 10 or so, seems like they are trying to move some names.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... and only.us sold for $58,800 on Sep 5?

BTW, I was finally able to delete (not just remove from auction) ALL listings at AfterNIC, after being stuck there for more than a month. (You're the weakest link, G'Bye!)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lucky that I only paid them $10 when I got my account back in 1999.

deist

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
wow I must be really old skool, when I signed up it was $5

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yup--only $5 when I joined too.

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Afternic has been good for NameBuySell. They set the benchmark so low, all we have to do is reply to emails now and our members from Afternic are thrilled! Hope they don't wake up too much.
:laugh:

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol proproject

I paid five bucks to join afternic. But for some reason, some features never worked. I could never enter chat.

A great mystery arose as to why the system garbled my posts. I tried and tried to create paragraphs, but afternic ignored my return key.

I often received messages from afternic that my name on auction had received bids. The problem was I never owned nor listed the name.

I was never able to bulk upload names. When I tried, I got back the message that one name was successfully uploaded. Requests for service on all these issues were ignored.

For these and other reasons, I never had confidence in the integrity of afternic. I never received a bid on any names that I DID LIST, only on names i Hadnt listed. But if I had made a sale, I wouldnt have used their escrow as they put me in doubt as to whether I would receive payment in timely fashion, if ever. The boards degenerated into complete garbage.

I think the net being what it is, almost any chat board will degenerate to trash if it is not policed. It only stands to reason that a legitimate business marketplace will not tolerate outrageous dispruptions, its common sense. Thus, a company that cannot accept the responsibility, and some expense or inconvenience, to maintain a business decorum, is probably not trustworthy to handle major transactions.

It seems to me that items reported as sold on afternic, probably were never in fact sold. For that matter, I seriously question the legitimacy of a sale reported on GreatDomains, that of beauty.cc for 3 million. Its too fantastic to be believed, other than as a shill or sham transaction.

Well, I dont know the ropes around here, so Ill shut up, awaiting replies and guidance.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by SunnyGlasses
It seems to me that items reported as sold on afternic, probably were never in fact sold. For that matter, I seriously question the legitimacy of a sale reported on GreatDomains, that of beauty.cc for 3 million. Its too fantastic to be believed, other than as a shill or sham transaction.

Oh, it is up to 3 million now huh? Inflated numbers - definitely.

The problem with Lafternic is they allowed people to back out of their purchase obligations without any penalty. I sold maybe 25 names via Afternic. I have had another 5-10 back out. They are still members.

Oh well, I do not care about that place anymore, and i doubt anybody else does.

But one good thing is most of us here met on Afternic and we now have a nice byproduct!

-Bob

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by O.C.
Every one! Please keep telling me you paid $44 less than me to join Afternic! That's the ticket! :D

Sorry - I paid $5 in 2002. :p

-Bob

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have so many points that you are changing your avatar AGAIN. I don't have much left after changing my title (status) to "Alleged Cybersquatter" And even with the reduced price (to 500), I still have a long way to go :-(

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
You have so many points that you are changing your avatar AGAIN. I don't have much left after changing my title (status) to "Alleged Cybersquatter" And even with the reduced price (to 500), I still have a long way to go :-(

Gamble. Lottery is up to $460. www.dnforum.com/store.php?action=lottery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom