Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

discussion Alternative to Afternic

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just want a landing page showing the price, along with a link for a buyer to buy the domain name.

I have this with Afternic but, 4 straight times now they've sent me the exact same email asking for the Authorization Code for a domain name that a buyer is purchasing. I got the authorization code from GoDaddy, and input it into Afternic's page (for that particular name). But, wouldn't you know it, after I input it and the page shows "success", I get another repeat email asking for the code.

15% I pay these clowns and this is the kind of service they provide, while holding up the sale.

So, what do you think is a good alternative to Afternic?

Thanks.

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

escrow.com

imo...

biglmoody2019

Level 1
Reaction score
I just want a landing page showing the price, along with a link for a buyer to buy the domain name.

I have this with Afternic but, 4 straight times now they've sent me the exact same email asking for the Authorization Code for a domain name that a buyer is purchasing. I got the authorization code from GoDaddy, and input it into Afternic's page (for that particular name). But, wouldn't you know it, after I input it and the page shows "success", I get another repeat email asking for the code.

15% I pay these clowns and this is the kind of service they provide, while holding up the sale.

Thanks.
Hi, Sedo is a good alternative

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score

Thanks.

btw, you can always list your domains for free at our 100% Free marketplace :) .. have you seen the new Marketplace categories that have just been introduced?

Best!
H

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For Afternic problem here is what you can try:
1. Log into your Afternic account
2. Scroll down and click "Use the New Afternic 2.0 Beta"
3. Click on Lead Center & Brokered Leads
4. Click on the sold name and you should see the Broker Name.
You can contact him/her directly from there. I normally have very good response from this new feature.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
About SquadHelp: There is their "premium" marketplace which is quite expensive in term of fees and where you have to get your names approved first. But you can also use them to put landers on any domain for a modest fee (sure, don't expect SH to provide the buyer, there isn't even any list appearing anywhere on their website for these domains. The buyer has to come from the lander!)

@domainicanicanica You also have Daaz as a potential alternative.

Investgrup

Reaction score
We sold several of our domains through afternic, but, our premium domains are listed mostly on Sedo and Dan, we seem to get more visits & offers on these platforms, we did have payment period stalls on afternic..

cerno

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I went through your list quickly and didn't see any domains that qualify for a listing on our Premium Generic Hub (pghub.com). That being said, you can purchase a package of 100 landing pages on a client hub and sell the domains yourself, or with our assistance for a discounted commission.

The big advantage of our premium and client hubs is that each domain becomes a functional SSL website that can be indexed by Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. and appear in search results. Landing pages provided by GoDaddy, Afternic, Dan, Sedo, etc. are effectively invisible online except to type-in traffic. Some of their landing pages appear on the brokerage domain, some appear on the domain itself, but in either case it is obvious to search engines that they are domain sales landing pages so they are ignored and not seen by potential buyers.

Our hubs don't suffer this treatment and offer customizable landing pages with a contact form and space for appropriate content. It only takes a sentence to provide enough content for a search snippet. A single properly tagged image can appear in image search results providing a link directly to the landing page. There are lots of tricks we have learned over the past twenty years running landing page hubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators