Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

airdeccan.com making 1400 Euros/month

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetProjects

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are Authorized by the Owners to sell the domain www.airdeccan.com. Asking price is 100 months revenue (approx 8 years) because this is an established, non-trademark, revenue earning first class domain.

Price is 140,000 Euros / US$ 170,000 ------- NOW DROPPED TO 100,000 EURO or approx 6 years revenue or --------125,000 $. Image of stats is given below. Purchase and Payment through Sedo only. You can send offer through PM also.

> Please dont make lowball offers as they will be ignored.
> Minimum offer is 100,000 Euros.

Statistics link is given below.

Domain is parked at : Sedo

Revenue : 1400 + Euros per month

Alexa ranking : 127,466

Type of traffic : Type-in

Looking for : airdeccan.net

Who is AirDeccan: Air Deccan is India's fastest growing, privately owned, low cost airline which offers paperless flight ticket booking. Tickets can only be booked on their website and not through any other means. Even travel agents have to log on to their website to book tickets.

Search Engine listing : On No.3 in Google for airdeccan

Overture w/ext (airdeccan.com) : 1443

Overture w/o ext (airdeccan) : 7538

Overture (air deccan) : 12363

Unique visitors per month : 140,000+

Average CTR : 30% +

Please note that we will not be responsible for any trademark violations / issues / legal issues related to this domain name and the buyer is solely responsible for verifying this before buying the domain name. As of now there are no trademark issues with this domain because this domain was registered before the airline started.

Please go to Sedo at www.airdeccan.com to make offfers.

Sedo stats image link:

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=airdeccancomstats9jz.jpg

Thanks,
NetProjects

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NetProjects said:
We are Authorized by the Owners to sell the domain www.airdeccan.com. Asking price is 100 months revenue (approx 8 years) because this is an established, non-trademark, revenue earning first class domain.

Price is 140,000 Euros (incl. Sedo commission) or US$ 170,000. Image of stats is given below. Purchase and Payment through Sedo only.

> Please dont send PM's.
> Please dont make lowball offers as they will be ignored.
> Minimum offer is 100,000 Euros.

Statistics link is given below.

Domain is parked at : Sedo

Revenue : 1400 + Euros per month

Alexa ranking : 127,466

Type of traffic : Type-in

Looking for : airdeccan.net

Who is AirDeccan: Air Deccan is India's fastest growing, privately owned, low cost airline which offers paperless flight ticket booking. Tickets can only be booked on their website and not through any other means. Even travel agents have to log on to their website to book tickets.

Search Engine listing : On No.3 in Google for airdeccan

Overture w/ext (airdeccan.com) : 1443

Overture w/o ext (airdeccan) : 7538

Overture (air deccan) : 12363

Unique visitors per month : 140,000+

Average CTR : 30% +

Please note that we will not be responsible for any trademark violations / issues / legal issues related to this domain name and the buyer is solely responsible for verifying this before buying the domain name. As of now there are no trademark issues with this domain because this domain was registered before the airline started.

Please go to Sedo at www.airdeccan.com to make offfers.

Sedo stats image link:

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=airdeccancomstats9jz.jpg

Thanks,
NetProjects

sending offer in PM after discussing with partner..

MerlinK

Premium Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How is this domain "non-trademark"?

NetProjects

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Air Deccan is not a registered trademark of the company.

Deccan is the name of an area so to say and so it is a generic word.

MerlinK

Premium Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NetProjects said:
Air Deccan is not a registered trademark of the company.

Deccan is the name of an area so to say and so it is a generic word.

Ahha... very interesting detail.. thanks for clarifying. :)

-Merlin

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How would you explain "American Airlines" for example? "American" is what all the inhabitants in the US are, yet "American Airlines" is clearly a trademark.

bluemoon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For that matter India's biggest airlines, "Air India" and "Indian Airlines" are known trademarks. "Air Deccan" is a registered trademark of "Deccan Aviation Private Limited"

NetProjects

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I meant was that the trademark has not yet been registered by them. To get a trademark application from TM/SM to the R mark (registered) takes 2 to 3 years. And Deccan is a generic term as explained earlier.

Anyway we have clearly mentioned in the post the following:

"Please note that we will not be responsible for any trademark violations / issues / legal issues related to this domain name and the buyer is solely responsible for verifying this before buying the domain name. As of now there are no trademark issues with this domain because this domain was registered before the airline started."

Premium Domains

[email protected]
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
American Airlines, Air India etc. are 50 year old airlines so their trademarks are well entrenched and protected. Air Deccan is just a 2 year old airline. And as Netprojects said in his post, the domain was registred before the airline was formed.

I checked the whois and it shows that the domain was registered on 29 Nov 2002 and the airlines domain (airdeccan.net) was registered on 10 Apr 2003. It will be extremely difficult for Air Deccan to get the domain through WIPO etc. because their trademark is not registered (yet) and the domain was registered before their airline was formed. Even if their trademark registration comes through, they dont stand a chance legally.

So they have only one choice and that is to buy out this guy. In the meantime he continues to make 1400 Euros per month until some big fish like ultsearch or popular buys him out.

Lucky guy :)

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No contact from them yet on TM infringement yet?

Well considering all the results on the PPC page are travel related and show competitor ads ...there will be an inquiry its just a matter of time.

Many domains have been subject to legal action based on the PPC results...maybe one of the lawyers on the board would be kind enough to share some examples.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
izoot said:
No contact from them yet on TM infringement yet?

Well considering all the results on the PPC page are travel related and show competitor ads ...there will be an inquiry its just a matter of time.

Many domains have been subject to legal action based on the PPC results...maybe one of the lawyers on the board would be kind enough to share some examples.

I agree. It is a ticking time bomb.

NetProjects

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Reserve price met!

Thanks to dnforum.com

There will always be whiners and there will always be winners.

Thats what seperates the men from the boys I guess.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NetProjects said:
Reserve price met!

Thanks to dnforum.com

There will always be whiners and there will always be winners.

Thats what seperates the men from the boys I guess.

Men from boys? More like dreamers from realists. Great sale though! Especially for a domain that could be seen as having TM issues in the future.

NetProjects

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I checked the whois and it shows that the domain was registered on 29 Nov 2002 and the airlines domain (airdeccan.net) was registered on 10 Apr 2003. It will be extremely difficult for Air Deccan to get the domain through WIPO etc. because their trademark is not registered (yet) and the domain was registered before their airline was formed. Even if their trademark registration comes through, they dont stand a chance legally.

That says it all!

chungju4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and who would pay 8 years for 1 tm?
i hate these newbies trying to trick people and sell for more than the market rate.
1 crappy domain does not = 164 million ultsearch portfolio.

normal rate for domains like this is 6 months - 1 year rev max[/QUOTE]

you are saying there are no tm issues. there is an obvious tm issue and especially if the ppc ads are for travel/flights.

take a leaf out of the forum guy here with elephant.com - if he had anything finance related woudl have lost,

NetProjects

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Chung Uncle! If you gotta domainname makee 1400 Euro/mon on Sedo and you wil sella for a rate of 6 mon to 1 yr profit why donna you pos it fora sale here :)

YOU CAN CONSIDER IT SOLD!

I am a domain professional who has been selling domains for 8 years now. I average over 100,000 USD/ year in domain sales. And I dont need a Chungwhatever who just laid his hands on a cheap pc to tell me how to. Capiche?

Please dont trash my post. You would be better off makin noodles or sumthin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom